Home

Nba 2k22 is way too hard .....ugh

This is a discussion on Nba 2k22 is way too hard .....ugh within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2021, 06:06 AM   #1
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7
Nba 2k22 is way too hard .....ugh

I just bought this game last weekend on ps4. I started up a myleague with the Indiana Pacers and I am 2-8 playing on pro (the 2 games i won were games i simmed). I just lost to the Nets 93-38. I struggle to get open shots and when i do the shot meter says my release is late or very late. I can't get used to the shot meter...I struggled on 2k20 as well and i bought this game thinking the shot meter would be easier. I also can't seem to stop anyone on defense. The AI gets to the basket almost every time on me but I can rarely get an open layup on offense.

I took a break from 2k for like a month before buying this game and I am thinking it should have been longer.IT is not even fun to lose all the time like this. I am playing an 82 game season so i have time to turn things around.

How can i get better at the game? Do any of you find nba 2k22 to be incredibly hard, also?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2021, 06:23 AM   #2
Banned

el jimmy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Nba 2k22 is way too hard .....ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw_1016
I just bought this game last weekend on ps4. I started up a myleague with the Indiana Pacers and I am 2-8 playing on pro (the 2 games i won were games i simmed). I just lost to the Nets 93-38. I struggle to get open shots and when i do the shot meter says my release is late or very late. I can't get used to the shot meter...I struggled on 2k20 as well and i bought this game thinking the shot meter would be easier. I also can't seem to stop anyone on defense. The AI gets to the basket almost every time on me but I can rarely get an open layup on offense.

I took a break from 2k for like a month before buying this game and I am thinking it should have been longer.IT is not even fun to lose all the time like this. I am playing an 82 game season so i have time to turn things around.

How can i get better at the game? Do any of you find nba 2k22 to be incredibly hard, also?
21 and 22 are the easiest 2ks. Here's a tip, hold lb/Lt for manual pnr and score everytime.

Switch manually on pnr defence with the a/or X button (Xbox or PS4/5.

Instead of focusing solely on the shot Meter release the shot when your players hands are first in front of their head.

Once you figure this stuff out, it's depressing how brain-dead and easy the game is, for example I just blew out the Pacers with the Hawks 80-43 on HOF. (8 minute quarters)
Old 12-02-2021, 06:43 AM   #3
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

OVR: 1

Turn the shot meter off (you can leave shot feedback on), go into freestyle mode and practice the releases from your players. Practice post fadeways & hooks, midrange floaters, moving/off the dribble midrange, 3 pointers and once you get the releases down, you'll be playing on Superstar and blowing teams out.

IMO it's the worst shot meter ever, I used to play with the shot meter on and turned everything off (meter, feedback, flash, ...), best decision I ever made, that bloody thing is never coming on again.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:29 AM   #4
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Don’t even need to manual PnR at all. I got the game when it came out when the D was tougher and still thought it was easy. I created an expansion team and I think I’m 8-3 but stop playing when D was changed to be too easy. But I should note I use real%. The way D is now you can easily drive to the basketball at will with no rotations or D at all really.
Old 12-02-2021, 12:00 PM   #5
Rookie

The game is hard because its harder to make shots, then they added these stupid alley opp and dunk meters to the mix which killed the game for me.

You can't abuse the PR on higher difficulty which I like but offense isn't fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2021, 12:07 PM   #6
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Bro DROP your Game Style setting down and or tweak your sliders. . . it's ok to play on lower settings or tweaked sliders until you get the handles you want them bump up your game style. . .

Sent from my using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2021, 02:10 PM   #7
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu8lal8
Turn the shot meter off (you can leave shot feedback on), go into freestyle mode and practice the releases from your players. Practice post fadeways & hooks, midrange floaters, moving/off the dribble midrange, 3 pointers and once you get the releases down, you'll be playing on Superstar and blowing teams out.

IMO it's the worst shot meter ever, I used to play with the shot meter on and turned everything off (meter, feedback, flash, ...), best decision I ever made, that bloody thing is never coming on again.
Truth right here!
Old 12-03-2021, 10:44 AM   #8
Pro

First myNBA/Myleague I've played without the shot meter ,it's horrible ,and me on player lock it's so much better learning my player and his shot.

Xbox :ettnollbajen

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »