Home

[Tool] NBA 2K13 Roster Editor

This is a discussion on [Tool] NBA 2K13 Roster Editor within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2012, 03:23 AM   #433
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: [Tool] NBA 2K13 Roster Editor

pjt, only reason I haven't had any luck with Staff, is because I haven't had the time to research it yet. I've posted the research tutorial video, so you can do all the research for me, and I could be implementing the values already.

All you'd need to do would be to give me two nearly identical rosters/Association saves, with the only difference being that you have assigned a different Assistant Coach to the 76ers in the second one. That way, I can see what value changes and implement it in the Teams tab.

As for query-like mass-editing, I haven't implemented anything like this yet, but it should be easy to do. We don't have the Position parameter yet, but this should be another easy value to research. I'd need three identical rosters, the second one with Jrue Holiday assigned a different primary position, and the third one with Jrue Holiday assigned a different secondary position.

I may have some time to research these things on my own soon, but no promises. If someone else sent me the needed rosters that I've mentioned, I should be able to implement those values in under half an hour.

As for black arms, last year's trick of a specific Portrait ID (which by the way I'm told we came across completely by accident) doesn't work, so until we come across a new fix (again by accident I guess), I can't "fix them" myself. Once the fix is found, I'll make sure to add it. There could be a slight chance that 2K will fix black arms by updating the CFs themselves later on via Online Data updates, and that would mean there's no roster fix for them, but I can't be sure. If someone comes across the fix, like I said, I'd be happy to implement that value.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-18-2012, 03:49 AM   #434
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

Leftos, I can't find where that research tutorial video is, can you post the link please?
Old 10-18-2012, 04:00 AM   #435

Here you go:
Novato, CA, USA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #436
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
pjt, only reason I haven't had any luck with Staff, is because I haven't had the time to research it yet. I've posted the research tutorial video, so you can do all the research for me, and I could be implementing the values already.

All you'd need to do would be to give me two nearly identical rosters/Association saves, with the only difference being that you have assigned a different Assistant Coach to the 76ers in the second one. That way, I can see what value changes and implement it in the Teams tab.

As for query-like mass-editing, I haven't implemented anything like this yet, but it should be easy to do. We don't have the Position parameter yet, but this should be another easy value to research. I'd need three identical rosters, the second one with Jrue Holiday assigned a different primary position, and the third one with Jrue Holiday assigned a different secondary position.

I may have some time to research these things on my own soon, but no promises. If someone else sent me the needed rosters that I've mentioned, I should be able to implement those values in under half an hour.

As for black arms, last year's trick of a specific Portrait ID (which by the way I'm told we came across completely by accident) doesn't work, so until we come across a new fix (again by accident I guess), I can't "fix them" myself. Once the fix is found, I'll make sure to add it. There could be a slight chance that 2K will fix black arms by updating the CFs themselves later on via Online Data updates, and that would mean there's no roster fix for them, but I can't be sure. If someone comes across the fix, like I said, I'd be happy to implement that value.

I will get on sending you the files for the coaches and the position changes this evening. I will post them here when I am off work.

So excited to have a staff fix.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DLtC7snYo/edit
Old 10-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #437

Just a heads up everyone.

DukeW74 over at the NLSC discovered that the Audio ID in the tool is actually last year's ASA ID. Do you remember ASA ID? It was the ID that was originally named AudioID1 or AudioID2 in REDitor, but then Vlad realized that it did much more than change the audio, and that it was connected to a player's box scores and awards. We realized that in order for a roster's box scores not to glitch and show the wrong players, the ASA ID needed to be unique for each and every player in that roster.

So keep that in mind next time you edit it. It will be renamed in the next release, whenever something new is implemented. I'm just taking some time off to relax after a few days of hard work, but any research that comes up, I'll try to implement.

Make note of the fact that if you edit any player's ASA ID after you start a game mode, such as Association or MyCareer, it will cause all his box scores to disappear. Always edit ASA ID in Rosters, not saves.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #438
Rookie

OVR: 3

Can't wait to get the '93 Suns roster w/o black arms and with the right unis. Barockafella does an awesome job on this EVERY year.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #439
Pro

Quote:
Just a heads up everyone.

DukeW74 over at the NLSC discovered that the Audio ID in the tool is actually last year's ASA ID. Do you remember ASA ID? It was the ID that was originally named AudioID1 or AudioID2 in REDitor, but then Vlad realized that it did much more than change the audio, and that it was connected to a player's box scores and awards. We realized that in order for a roster's box scores not to glitch and show the wrong players, the ASA ID needed to be unique for each and every player in that roster.

So keep that in mind next time you edit it. It will be renamed in the next release, whenever something new is implemented. I'm just taking some time off to relax after a few days of hard work, but any research that comes up, I'll try to implement.

Make note of the fact that if you edit any player's ASA ID after you start a game mode, such as Association or MyCareer, it will cause all his box scores to disappear. Always edit ASA ID in Rosters, not saves.
Correct ,so if you score 100 points and have example Bibby Id's on your mp he will get the stats not your mp
Old 10-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #440
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:

Yeah I actually did find the black arm fix last year completely on accident.. I told everybody here how to do it and eventually hokupguy figured out the value was that changed it..

Does anybody remember all the values that removed tattoos from last years game? If I remember correctly some of those also allowed you to change the black arms..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »