Home

OFFICIAL 2k14 Playbook Changes, ONLY Plays that ARENT BROKE

This is a discussion on OFFICIAL 2k14 Playbook Changes, ONLY Plays that ARENT BROKE within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2013, 07:50 AM   #25
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: OFFICIAL 2k14 Playbook Changes, ONLY Plays that ARENT BROKE

FYI men. I posted in another thread before the game released that the classic plays went basically untouched. Maybe a couple received minor edits. This means that basically any play with the old naming scheme or a name exactly as last year was not touched.

This can be good and bad. The play system itself received several upgrades. The majority of classic plays were not designed with these upgrades in mind.

So play testing with these plays is going to be hit or miss.

Also the early offense slider is not plays that you can control. the higher you have it the more likely your guys are tyring to run an action off of a miss and your not seeing it. So they are waiting for you to initiate the early offense and your looking for a half court play to be ran.

To properly test plays turn set your freelance offense to 3-2 and then set it to spacing. That way when you see no movement at all. you know your not looking at a play.

Then set your early offense to 0 , and your run plays @ 100 and also turn the fastbreaks to zero this will get you into a play the fastest and when a play breaks you will be in obvious spacing so you know the play is stopped.

I am working on some clarification videos but it takes time. Will try to keep an eye on your work here.

I will have a video up this week on freelance settings etc.

This was definitely the wrong year to take out practice plays.

But again you are working in vain judging untouched plays on how effective or ineffective the new system is.

What you consider plays is actually several systems working together.

Fastbreak, secondary break, Early offense, actual plays, Motion, Freelance, and spacing.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar

Fastbreak, secondary break, Early offense, actual plays, Motion, Freelance, and spacing.
Do you have any idea how freelance is coded this year? With tendencies and hotspots hidden if not missing entirely, how does the ai decide what to do if no play is being called? Tested freelance by removing all play types and setting early offense to 0, and there's pretty much no ball movement at all. Freelance looked random at times last year, but at least the cpu players did something.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #27
Pro

dramachild11's Arena

OVR: 7

The SAS Early Corner 1 (San Antonio pb) an 77 Trey (77 76ers pb) are two 3pt plays from last year that work exactly the same as previous games
Old 10-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
FYI men. I posted in another thread before the game released that the classic plays went basically untouched. Maybe a couple received minor edits. This means that basically any play with the old naming scheme or a name exactly as last year was not touched.

This can be good and bad. The play system itself received several upgrades. The majority of classic plays were not designed with these upgrades in mind.

So play testing with these plays is going to be hit or miss.

Also the early offense slider is not plays that you can control. the higher you have it the more likely your guys are tyring to run an action off of a miss and your not seeing it. So they are waiting for you to initiate the early offense and your looking for a half court play to be ran.

To properly test plays turn set your freelance offense to 3-2 and then set it to spacing. That way when you see no movement at all. you know your not looking at a play.

Then set your early offense to 0 , and your run plays @ 100 and also turn the fastbreaks to zero this will get you into a play the fastest and when a play breaks you will be in obvious spacing so you know the play is stopped.

I am working on some clarification videos but it takes time. Will try to keep an eye on your work here.

I will have a video up this week on freelance settings etc.

This was definitely the wrong year to take out practice plays.

But again you are working in vain judging untouched plays on how effective or ineffective the new system is.

Upgrades? For me it seems like a MAJOR step in wrong direction. How can they call it an upgrade when they have BROKEN Plays? Sorry Da Czar i just cant see what was upgraded, besides Elements added that were not properly tested and are now causing Gameplay issues.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 10-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Here are some of my favorite working plays:

Isolation
90 Pistons 51

Pick and Roll
DET 1 Angle
POR 1 Chest - Fade Mid
CLE 42 Side - FADE 3 pt
UTA Angle - Option

Low Post
91 Lakers 21 Mismatch(see above)
86 Celtics 34 Punch
90 Hawks 14 Punch
91 Lakers 25 Pin
IND P Quick Post
95 Knicks 23 Punch
24 Punch
96 Bulls 32 Punch

Cutter
Wide 2 Alley - The only player who has this play for me is Kemp

Mid Range
98 Bulls 23 Curl Post - as the name says this is actually a post play, good for guards who post.

*Side note on Mid-Range: I don't see myself using very many of these plays as long as other plays create opportunities for some mid range shots. In my mind most mid range NBA shots are, pull ups or pick and pop shots more than are double baseline screen ball reversal plays, those type of plays are more likely run for 3 point shots not 17 footers.

3PT
Blazers 12 Quick Up
92 Blazers 41 Reverse Up
96 Bulls 54 Over

I realize you have a lot of these but these are plays I have in playbooks at this moment.

Awesome I am updating the 1st Post with these.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 10-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Upgrades? For me it seems like a MAJOR step in wrong direction. How can they call it an upgrade when they have BROKEN Plays? Sorry Da Czar i just cant see what was upgraded, besides Elements added that were not properly tested and are now causing Gameplay issues.
This. Current gen isn't around that much longer, so why not simply copy&paste Vann's awesome 2k13 playbooks, tweak freelance a bit, fix touches in all game modes and done, fantastic gameplay out of the box. Too easy, let's half-a** "improvements" and chance the game completely instead, even though it's clear that the focus is on next gen. 2k screwed up this year, simple as that. I don't see any "upgrade" playing against the CPU. With global slider adjustments, 2k13 played much better even with default rosters. Just horrible offline right now. The ai just feels "missing". In 2k13, guys like Monta and Kobe used all the momentum shots available. It was too much out of the box, but you had dynamic mid range play, especially off screens. Right now, 2k14 is either jacking up 3s or spinning into the paint, even with midrange at 99 and stepback/pull up maxed out.

Also, what's the point of STATS if tendencies are gone? Ratings can be done manually anyway, don't need fancy arena cameras to do this the right way. Hoopdata is more than enough.

Last edited by mango_prom; 10-06-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 8

"To properly test plays turn set your freelance offense to 3-2 and then set it to spacing.

Where is this Freelance setting adjustment? I do not see it under Coach Profiles. A little help please
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agame
"To properly test plays turn set your freelance offense to 3-2 and then set it to spacing.

Where is this Freelance setting adjustment? I do not see it under Coach Profiles. A little help please
Same question here. Why would I need to trigger a specific freelance set (3-2) and then the spacing option to run a set play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »