Home

The LEAGUE NBA 2K14: Fictional roster by CWSapp757/Dreece for XBOX360

This is a discussion on The LEAGUE NBA 2K14: Fictional roster by CWSapp757/Dreece for XBOX360 within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2014, 06:32 PM   #433
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon10 Re: The LEAGUE NBA 2K14: Fictional roster by CWSapp757/Dreece for XBOX360

Shout out to Dreece and Cane nation lol I see ya man.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #434
Rookie

Icon2 Re: The LEAGUE NBA 2K14: Fictional roster by CWSapp757/Dreece for XBOX360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreece
The losses that I had were frustrating also. But learning my team was the main focus. After year one you will find a few guys you want to work around..DON'T look to the draft or free agency until you got a firm grasp on your own team. I seen it plenty of times from my own friends, not liking a guy then trading for another guy...then that guy don't fit..its crazy lol. You don't have to hit a homerun every draft to field a competitive team by your 2nd or 3rd year. Just focus on your team 1st then go into the offseason with tweaks in mind..not a total overhaul and you'll be fine.
Yea I think alot of times trading makes things worst it really should be a last resort in certain situations. Things like finding the right rotation, minutes balance, 6th man, who can play d who cant, who can shoot who cant, finding releases of jumpers in and out the post all of that stuff goes into knowing the team. Also I find myself going deep into my playbook and going into practice mode and such to really get a great grasp of my boys.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #435
MVP

BlindSideNZ's Arena

Re: The LEAGUE NBA 2K14: Fictional roster by CWSapp757/Dreece for XBOX360

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayface89
Yea I think alot of times trading makes things worst it really should be a last resort in certain situations. Things like finding the right rotation, minutes balance, 6th man, who can play d who cant, who can shoot who cant, finding releases of jumpers in and out the post all of that stuff goes into knowing the team. Also I find myself going deep into my playbook and going into practice mode and such to really get a great grasp of my boys.
Sounds like an excellent method for success. I'd also really advise watching games too. Dreece built these guys with a purpose. Trust me when I say no stone was left unturned. You can learn a lot about your team just watching them play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #436
Rookie

Smile Re: The LEAGUE NBA 2K14: Fictional roster by CWSapp757/Dreece for XBOX360

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSideNZ
Sounds like an excellent method for success. I'd also really advise watching games too. Dreece built these guys with a purpose. Trust me when I say no stone was left unturned. You can learn a lot about your team just watching them play.
I like that suggestion I never really thought about watching them I always considered playing as much as possible but I think that's a very good point there. Also if you ever looking for other sim players on 360 to chat with me and a few of my guys be on mostly so hit me up GT: q bala1989
Old 05-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #437
MVP

BlindSideNZ's Arena

Quote:
I like that suggestion I never really thought about watching them I always considered playing as much as possible but I think that's a very good point there. Also if you ever looking for other sim players on 360 to chat with me and a few of my guys be on mostly so hit me up GT: q bala1989
For sure man I'll get at you after work today
Old 05-05-2014, 06:51 PM   #438
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Yea man since I work on the project I don't wanna give many secrets away. But I constantly see guys that give up on players after playing 4-5 games with them and that's just nuts lol.

The way we design our players its only gonna be a select few that's gonna come out shooting or scoring on a consistant basis. We got a couple of 2nd round shooters with All star type consistency but not much else....its all part of that game of trying to find the right piece.

I would save free agency for my role players. You figure that with a young team you don't wanna go for long term contracts unless the talent calls for it so if you throw a 2 yr contract at a spot defender, rebounder, or shooter it can have a great effect on your team.

Most 1st round picks will play a big part year one so if you draft well in the 1st and find a way to get a good piece in the 2nd..(its very possible! I got a starter for my Sixers ) and you almost back to contention. Just some seasoning on your new picks and PROGRESSION! Can't forget about that..they may not be good now..but year 3 you might have one of the better players at that position in the LEAGUE..IF you kept him lol.

Have patience.

Oh yea Go Canes!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 05-05-2014, 07:45 PM   #439
Rookie

Icon5 Re: The LEAGUE NBA 2K14: Fictional roster by CWSapp757/Dreece for XBOX360

Dreece do you guys ever take suggestions as far as adding draft prospects?
Old 05-05-2014, 07:56 PM   #440
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Dreece do you guys ever take suggestions as far as adding draft prospects?
We was running a contest allowing you guys a chance to put your own guys into our classes but that's almost done. What type of player were you looking for. I can pretty much guarantee that he's already in the pipeline

We got some superstar/legendary types coming real soon!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »