Home

Default, or really close to it?

This is a discussion on Default, or really close to it? within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #17
Rookie

SOBAY310's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Default, or really close to it?

I've been using All-Star/Simulation without adjusting any of the sliders and I can't win a damn game with my Lakers. If I keep it to within 10 points I feel like I accomplished something. I'll try PRO out.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #18
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I think I'm going to spend a few days just playing on All-Star/Simulation and do some testing. I've been playing on PRO with a couple of different slider sets and while they have been good, it's now become too easy to win most of my games by double-figures and the CPU rarely shoots over 40%.

I'm hoping that bumping things up to All-Star will help increase their FG%.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

I've been playing all-star default, with real player shooting percentages. The only changes I made were to the foul sliders (90, 90, 90, 70, 62, 100) and to fatigue (35).

association with the warriors, 12 min quarters. most games have similar/realistic numbers: last game i played was at pistons, I won 108-103. I had 75 shots or so, got to the line around 24 times, they were around 80 and 18. both teams shot in the 45-48% range, and i was 9-19 from 3 while they were 7 of 18. It started out bad, they went something like 16 of 19 in the first quarter and I was furious and close to shutting it off. but i decided to stick it out and see how it turned out, and everything ended fine.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 18

I'm starting to think the 2k's intentions was to really have this game play on the default. For game speed, if you put it below 45 you will cut animations short and the fluidity of the game is compromised. This also applies to quickness on the slider set. setting this below 40 will prevent players from performing to thier attributes. If we keep the game speed at 50 and the quickness at 50, the only things that should be touched are:

1. strenght. There is this force-field effect with 2k. the user strenght should be 75 and the cpu left at default.
2. flashy passes. this is more of a preference.......i like it at 75 for both.
3 shooting sliders...again this is a preference. you should really play with these so that your shooting percentage is around 45 -50% per game

that is really all that should be touched......
Old 02-26-2011, 08:30 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 4

I have been on all star sim settings. And I haven't been getting to 100 most games, but close. When I was on default shooting percentages for both teams were crazy high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #22
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

I've been playing on Pro default in my Blazers association and have been having a blast. The only issue is I'm now winning each game by 10-20 points on average. CPU teams will give me a challenge until the late 3rd, early 4th, then I start pulling away.

On default All Star the CPU borderline cheats. You can build a lead and suddenly they go on miracle runs, or never hit shots. In many of my default All Star games the CPU will shoot 75% on me--and I definitely know how to play defense. It doesn't matter who the CPU is shooting with either--scrubs, superstars, average players--they all play the same.

For me default Pro, 12 min qtrs seems to play the most realistic style stat wise. Human and CPU rebound, steal, and assist numbers all look good. Plus for some reason the FG% for both Hum and CPU are more in line with what you'd expect (45-50% on average). On All Star default both teams will shoot upwards of 60% causing rebound numbers to be in the toilet.

I'd love to see PRO difficulty a bit more difficult, but AllStar plays too "CPU controlled" for me to make the switch. Anyone play on default PRO Simulation? How is it?
Old 02-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #23
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
I've been playing on Pro default in my Blazers association and have been having a blast. The only issue is I'm now winning each game by 10-20 points on average. CPU teams will give me a challenge until the late 3rd, early 4th, then I start pulling away.

On default All Star the CPU borderline cheats. You can build a lead and suddenly they go on miracle runs, or never hit shots. In many of my default All Star games the CPU will shoot 75% on me--and I definitely know how to play defense. It doesn't matter who the CPU is shooting with either--scrubs, superstars, average players--they all play the same.

For me default Pro, 12 min qtrs seems to play the most realistic style stat wise. Human and CPU rebound, steal, and assist numbers all look good. Plus for some reason the FG% for both Hum and CPU are more in line with what you'd expect (45-50% on average). On All Star default both teams will shoot upwards of 60% causing rebound numbers to be in the toilet.

I'd love to see PRO difficulty a bit more difficult, but AllStar plays too "CPU controlled" for me to make the switch. Anyone play on default PRO Simulation? How is it?
Yeah, that's why I had to get away from PRO; I was winning all of my games by double-digits and wasn't really being threatened by the CPU.

I moved to All-Star and like what I see there; CPU runs more plays (I swear on PRO the CPU will only run 2 plays all game) and it certainly is tougher, which I like.

All-Star, Simulation is almost perfect aside from the fact that your players will miss too many open 3's and mid-range jumpers.

I do like several of the slider sets on here but I'm just not a fan of making huge sweeping changes to the out-of-the-box settings. I feel like instead of playing the game you're trying to trick the game into playing how you 'think' it should play. I'd rather adjust to the default settings, or just make a few small slider adjustments.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Dan... could you pm me what changes you've made to the all-star settings you're using?

I have made changes to my pro sliders, but i'm getting to the point where i'm jacking up a lot of things for the cpu for the challenge factor. i know our gaming styles are similar and i'd be interested in what you've done.

sliders take such a LONG time to perfect, so i hate the idea of starting from scratch...

thnx!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »