Home

THE COMPUTER MAKES EVERY SHOT!!?

This is a discussion on THE COMPUTER MAKES EVERY SHOT!!? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #9
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: THE COMPUTER MAKES EVERY SHOT!!?

Look man you've got to make slider adjustments...

The CPU shooting shouldn't be higher than 45, and at 45 I still saw SAN light me up for 56% shooting on the night.

I'm going to drop shooting, across the board for the CPU, down to 41.

That should give a better %.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

it's not really impossible to stop the cpu from making shots, you just have to work a lot harder.. and it can be frustrating at times because you really do ahve to work hard both on offense adn defense..

adjust the sliders more if you really can't get the hang of it..
Old 10-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #11
Rookie

I've been having the same problems as well. I started on All-Star and got blown away by the Warriors. The inside guys shot around 90 percent from the field. I decided to tone it down to Pro and got lit up by the Suns again. Nash was shooting 3's on me like I wasn't even in his face. It was humiliating. Ha! Seriously, this is going to make me upset if it continues.

I was using Biz's sliders last year and they made the game the most realistic, fun way to play a sports video game in a few years. I'm hoping he'll start up some new slider sets soon, because I have problems balancing them out when I do them myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #12
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
ug ive noticed this too...i played 2k8 extensively, so its not like im bad at the game, the computer is ruthless with thier shooting. plus they can drive at will it seems, and once they go into an animation they blow right by your bigs. im playing on all star, really dont want to have to go back to pro, id consider that a defeat/blow to my pride, so ive been trying to adjust the sliders a bit, but it hasnt helped much. any advice? besides the obligatory "you suck?" lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
i play on superstar and at the buzzer the computer nails 35 footers with a hand in their face like it's cake. unbelievable.
Yall need a good slider set...I'll upload mine, once adjusted tonight, to 2kshare...Look for me on XBL - JBHIII703757
Old 10-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #13
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

im on superstar and peja has gone 8-8 from 3's in the first half and im losing 76-32 at halftime with the Suns.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:56 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

It is ridiculous. I've played 2 games on HOF and it's just terrible how many contested shots the CPU makes. That's why I just like playing my little brother or a good friend online. The computer hasn't been fun to play against for awhile now.

It's rather annoying sitting down and adjusting sliders that shouldn't of been this out of wack to begin with.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:14 PM   #15
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomah5
im on superstar and peja has gone 8-8 from 3's in the first half and im losing 76-32 at halftime with the Suns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenGlove
It is ridiculous. I've played 2 games on HOF and it's just terrible how many contested shots the CPU makes. That's why I just like playing my little brother or a good friend online. The computer hasn't been fun to play against for awhile now.

It's rather annoying sitting down and adjusting sliders that shouldn't of been this out of wack to begin with.

Why are you all doing this to yourselves. And on top of that...Are you making slider adjustments?

To play Superstar, or HOF is just crazy. I had the same experience last year, and said the hell w/ it.

You guys are obviously in need of sliders...Go to the slider discussion board, and seek some that look good to you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #16
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm not going to quote any posts, but you guys seriously need to watch the CPU play defense. I just held the Spurs to the low forties or high thirties in shooting % this morning. No doubt, there will be some slider changes needed, but this is not 2k8. The AI guys at 2k are doing a lot of things to make sure that the same strategies don't work anymore.

Think about it...players actually shoot off of the dribble now, and Superstars(in my experience) are really aggressive this year. Last year they basically either passed it for a late clock jumper or ran a back door lead pass move on you. Your defense has to be active, alert and aggressive. You can't just lock on to the PG for most of a play, switch with the ball movement and tap Y to contest. You have to interrupt cuts, push the post player out of position early, bring help from the weakest shooters and shade Superstars towards the help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »