Home

My Player Progression Strategy

This is a discussion on My Player Progression Strategy within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2009, 04:28 PM   #473
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: My Player Progression Strategy

Alright I just bought the draft combine 2 days ago and have finished it and uploaded my player. Im buying nba 2k10 tomorrow so i would like help in making sure everything goes well. First thing is with the clone glitch. I know i must play with the team that drafted me and not go to any other teams so all i have to do is not get cut during summer league (heard thats almost impossible) or get to the training camp of the same team that drafetd me right?

Secondlly any tips on what i should start improving first?

Coming out of the draft combine im projected at Round 2 Pick 6 with the Grizzlies and the arrow pointed up.

Im a 6'3 194lbs Athletic Point Guard and averaged: 33.2PPG / 8.5APG / 3.2 RPG / 3.5 SPG / .8 BPG / 1.8TPG in the draft combine. Im struggling to get rebounds imo and also steals. Seeing alot of people average some really high ammount of steals per game and also rebounds as guards and if it wasnt for 7 steals in my second to last game it would be much lower.

Anyway things i increased were:

Speed from 85 to 88 using the Dribble Course Drill

Pass from 55 to 70

Ball handling and off Hand from 60 & 55(or 60?) to 70

Layup from 68 to 70

And Def and Off awareness both up to 45 (or 50 def 40 off cant remember) and dropped last point into consistensy

Most of my scoring came layups so im thinking of that and on ball def and steals but i dunno.

Also how do the drills work in terms of how much u get. i find them really useful so would like to know how often you get them and how much at a time.

To sum up:

How do i avoid the clone glitch?

What attributes should i focus on first?
Old 11-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #474
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

OVR: 8

I was under the impression the clone glitch was fixed with the patch seeing how I havnt read anyone still having that problem with new players.

As a PG if it were me I would improve my handling and passing first. Your numbers are pretty solid as is so I would improve upon what you have and fill in the others later.

I still havnt played that first game in my third season, probably later tonight seeing how football has taken up most the day. Ill post in here about it once I get one done.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:03 PM   #475
Rookie

Alright thanks.

Any help on this question tho. How often do you get drills on my player and how much at a time? Do you get after every game? every month? every week?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #476
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosssss
Alright thanks.

Any help on this question tho. How often do you get drills on my player and how much at a time? Do you get after every game? every month? every week?
Not sure on the frequency of getting the drills. My educated guess is like 2 a month (including the playoffs) but I was so far into the second season when the patch fixed that bug that I am not totally sure on that.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:43 AM   #477
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

I was sad to hear that the insider is still telling me there are teams interested in me So I would say this is obviously not fixed (for existing players atlest) and will just have to deal with him saying this after every game....
Old 11-23-2009, 03:55 AM   #478
Rookie

OVR: 5

^ yup..i got pissed bout that..so i went d league lol hoping to get a real contract when i got called up, ive played 36 games now.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #479
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipso
I was sad to hear that the insider is still telling me there are teams interested in me So I would say this is obviously not fixed (for existing players atlest) and will just have to deal with him saying this after every game....
guys, you can turn off the 2k insider in the presentation settings and have some peace and quite after games. I highly recommend.

also, you can still get the clone after the patch. I had deleted everything and started over after the patch and still got the clone...too bad I was 35 games in before I noticed! tried again from a save point and got the clone again.

so on a whim, I didnt use my DC player, created a new one from inside 2k10 and now no clone - and I got to go to the team I chose after summer league! so bottom line, I paid $5 for a DLC that cost me an insane amount of wasted hours and a useless player...thanks 2k!

now just fix the substitution patterns please...
Old 11-23-2009, 04:52 PM   #480
Rookie

m-dogg where you playin on the same team that drafted you? I was told as long as i on that team and dont go to any training camp for any different teams i wont get it (told this buy someone who doesnt have the clone glitch using dc)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »