Home

Gamespot Review: 7.0? (less than Madden? LMAO)

This is a discussion on Gamespot Review: 7.0? (less than Madden? LMAO) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Gamespot Review: 7.0? (less than Madden? LMAO)

lol so much to the guy who said 2k would outsell Madden this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #42
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Gamespot actually does the game a HUGE favor....2k10 out of the box does not play like a 7.....its actually more like a 5.5. I may have to actually blog about this one....I don't understand why people are upset......the level of bugs and problems in this game are very disappointing.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am what most would consider a 2k fanboy, but I think a 7.0 is generous. This game does not have a single game mode or feature that works properly, it's the most bugged game maybe ever released.

To everyone who says"wait for the patch", well this review is not based on a patch nor should it be. I am surprised 2k has not done more damage control and made a public apology to the fans who consistently make there games #1, I am willing to bet it won't be next year. 2k might be the better game in a month or even later but I would rather play a Live game that somehow defense is much better, online is smooth and has very few bugs then have my game crashing all the time, unplayable online, Association has to many bugs etc...

It's time for people to quit defending a product as a "fanboy" and start getting upset as a "customer" who has clearly been duped and lied to. Not to mention still has not heard any apology or hear 2k take responsibility for what is clearly a bugged game. Instead they get upset when we complain and act like they are doing us a favor to get a patch out quickly.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

Agreed 7 is generous for 2k10 out of the box.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #45
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

"Out the box" must be the new catch phrase for this year. I can care less how good the game is out the box, if they give you millions of editable options like 2k10. Name a sports game current gen that plays great out the box. Please don't say that other basketball game, because that game needs just as much if not more tweeking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 12:44 PM   #46
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasong7777
"Out the box" must be the new catch phrase for this year.

I noticed that too. LOL.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:46 PM   #47
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

This is the most accurate sports review Gamespot has ever done. I disagree with his opinion on the grading in My Player though. Good grade plays lead to winning. I'm 6 games into my season and I think I got one A, and all of the rest of the scores were A+'s. And this is without a 99 speed or 99 quickness.

Of course out of the box is important when you can't edit sliders in ranked matches or My Player mode.

Last edited by Bornindamecca; 10-15-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #48
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5

This trend started with the last generation, and has gotten worse and worse as time has gone on. With the ability to patch console games, developers have taken the same route they took for a long time on PC games. When a game was broken in the past, the release date would be pushed back to make sure the game was as good as possible, because there wouldn't be any saving grace patch. Today, the game is released in whatever state they decide is good enough, and then a month or so later you get to play the real product. To me, that is totally unacceptable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »