Home

1-3-1 zone is cheese.

This is a discussion on 1-3-1 zone is cheese. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-31-2011, 01:22 PM   #9
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: 1-3-1 zone is cheese.

I can't bring myself to chuck careless 3's, even if they are successful. And the spots to attack 131, are in the low post, which if you read the original post, is broken, or go high tempo 1 pass to the wing and chuck a 3 or pump and drive instead of the 3, but if you want to work clock and feed the ball low where the defense is supposed to be weak. The play unrealistically breaks the play as the low post man stands there with his thumb up his *** not looking for a pass at all. If you try to pass it will be wildly inaccurate because he is not ready for it. You can beat a 1-3-1, but not in a realistic manner, you almost have to cheese yourself to beat it. I know how to beat it, but it makes me play every game like the old mike d'antoni coached suns. Unlike the my man da czar says, to beat a 131, to have to play videogames, because playing basketball doesn't work. And for that reason, the 131 is cheddar city.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:40 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 10

If post game isnt going to work you have other options.

You can attack the weak spots of the 1-3-1 which is those baseline jumpers with a PF or C.

Pick and roll/pop can allow penatration to the rack for shots outside or a dish down low.

The ways to attack it are just adjustments to what your opponent is doing.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I can't bring myself to chuck careless 3's, even if they are successful. And the spots to attack 131, are in the low post, which if you read the original post, is broken, or go high tempo 1 pass to the wing and chuck a 3 or pump and drive instead of the 3, but if you want to work clock and feed the ball low where the defense is supposed to be weak. The play unrealistically breaks the play as the low post man stands there with his thumb up his *** not looking for a pass at all. If you try to pass it will be wildly inaccurate because he is not ready for it. You can beat a 1-3-1, but not in a realistic manner, you almost have to cheese yourself to beat it. I know how to beat it, but it makes me play every game like the old mike d'antoni coached suns. Unlike the my man da czar says, to beat a 131, to have to play videogames, because playing basketball doesn't work. And for that reason, the 131 is cheddar city.

Weakest point in 1-3-1 is the short corner not the post. Maybe learn how to attack the zone before calling cheese. Seems like everything is cheese now to some people.

Use ball movement and the zone isn't an issue

Last edited by younggrease; 10-31-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #12
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

What he's trying to say is that the 1-3-1 completely glitches the post play. IT COMPLETELY BREAKS THE INTERACTION BETWEEN THE PLAYER AND THE DEFENDER.

If I manual call for my player to post up...HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GATHER AND MAINTAIN POST POSITION. Making it ineffective by completely taking out 2 of your players(The PF and C) to the point where you are playing 3 on 5 is not fun. Nor is it sim. I could care less about ball movement, and yes you can attack the paint. THAT'S NOT THE POINT. The point is the fact you can't pass it into the low post. PERIOD.

Not like, you can't establish post position. You can't pass it down there, because IT WILL get stolen. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

If I can't pass it to my big man and make a quick move or drive to the basket then something is horrible wrong there. Yes, there are work-arounds, but NEVER, EVER, should I be forced to play 3 on 5 because you activated a 1-3-1 zone.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:24 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

been breaking 1 3 1 zones with shooting big men since 2k9

always open on the sides
Old 10-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #14
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
What he's trying to say is that the 1-3-1 completely glitches the post play. IT COMPLETELY BREAKS THE INTERACTION BETWEEN THE PLAYER AND THE DEFENDER.

If I manual call for my player to post up...HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GATHER AND MAINTAIN POST POSITION. Making it ineffective by completely taking out 2 of your players(The PF and C) to the point where you are playing 3 on 5 is not fun. Nor is it sim. I could care less about ball movement, and yes you can attack the paint. THAT'S NOT THE POINT. The point is the fact you can't pass it into the low post. PERIOD.

Not like, you can't establish post position. You can't pass it down there, because IT WILL get stolen. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

If I can't pass it to my big man and make a quick move or drive to the basket then something is horrible wrong there. Yes, there are work-arounds, but NEVER, EVER, should I be forced to play 3 on 5 because you activated a 1-3-1 zone.
Someone who gets it. It causes a glitch, it is an exploit until fixed.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:37 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC

You have to be at the right angle to pass the ball down low against zone. Even if the big man doesnt post up against the zone you can still sneak passes downlow and post him yourself either using post spin or the post drive. If they bring the double or triple team, then obviously you have to kick out to the wide open shooter. I dont doubt people's frustrations, but eliminating your opponents post/paint game and forcing him to shoot outside is a legit tatic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 02:39 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Someone who gets it. It causes a glitch, it is an exploit until fixed.
Really...a glitch?

1-3-1 is more of a trapping zone. More pressure is applied and it makes it harder to pass into the post. IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE. You most get the defense out of position.

But most importantly because of the traps and lack of passing bigs, many times the preferred way to beat this zone is through ball movement, and attacking the short corner. Trying to make direct post passes wont and shouldnt work against a 1-3-1 as you have to create an angle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »