Home

NBA 2K12 Developer Insight - Legends Showcase DLC, Release Date Nov. 29

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Developer Insight - Legends Showcase DLC, Release Date Nov. 29 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
NO CREW NO BUY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #42
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC Dev Insight Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
This is all based on assumption and has been covered in other threads. Iverson left to play oversea's but did not retire. For him to return to the NBA he would also have to rejoin the players union(that doesn't really exist at this point) much like rookies who are not yet official part of the union. Since none of this occurred prior to 2k's release and they won't update rosters until/if there is a NBA season Iverson is in the same boat as the rookies. No chance he's in the game until the lockout ends. He's not retired so he can't be a "legend" and he isn't a current NBA player(wasn't last year either) so 2k did not include him on the default roster. If memory serves me he was on the default roster in 2k11 but was removed in later updates once it became clear that he wouldn't be in the league for the season.

Don't take this as "I don't A.I. in the game" because I do, but I can understand why he's not included at this point.
Now this makes sense. Thanks!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Lol, whats the point. I'll buy it, go online to play someone and it will prob just drop out half way through anyway.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #44
Rookie

tyreeii's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdballer
I don't think that was what the poster said. He thought you could bring the new players from the DLC into Create a Legend mode, which I don't think you can.
Sorry about that, I misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:18 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K12 Developer Insight - Legends Showcase DLC, Release Date Nov. 29

Time for a little bit of a reach:
Quote:
While we captured some fancier passes, dribble moves, and dunks to make the Legends stand out and differentiate the gameplay, it’s all still grounded in reality.
I assume they just added more street-like dunks. However, it'd have been pretty awesome if guys like '01 Vince Carter had signature dunks, yeah? Say the elbow dunk or reverse 360 cuff windmill?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #46
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Im going to still pass on this until I see some footage or after its released and someone can confirm that you can turn the cell-shade off. I just refuse to play any game with that kind of graphics
Old 11-22-2011, 11:35 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3
I'm baffled by the fact that a DLC Insight was released yet we were promised an Online Insight and that was never commented on. And personally, I'd rather pay for a patch that fixes all the bugs than this DLC. Nothing against the DLC, I just think priority should be making the game work as advertised before adding "extra" things to something that still has some major flaws.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:18 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 1

You know, usually I'm the one that tries to set folks straight when they claim that work on presentation somehow holds back work on gameplay, AI, and other areas, because the team doing one is separate from the team doing the other-- but it really chaps me that they actually diverted resources to work on AI for the DLC 3 on 3 game when they should have been fixing the AI and mechanics in the main game for the patch. Argh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »