Home

NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (New Trailer)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (New Trailer) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #145
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (New Trai

RockitOldschool,

Just realized you were on PS3, my bad…Glad you got figured it out for the other system though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #146
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (New Trai

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockitOldSchool
I purchased the Legends Showcase this morning. While I don't care for the cell-shading at all and so far the mode seems pretty weak it was worth my $10 just for the extra legends and the ability to trade and assign all legends.

I didn't play a lot of the Classic Showcase but here's what I can tell you. You can't turn the cell-shading off. Don't even bother. Even Ronnie stated the other day that it isn't possible because it's a different game entirely. It's really hard to shoot from the outside. I did win a few matches but you can't adjust sliders or difficulty. Chris Mullin bricked every 3 I launched. I'll go back and spend more time on this mode later when I'm bored but I wanted to jump right into why I really bought this, to edit my rosters.

I'm just as annoyed as anyone that I have to pay to get the extra legends and that I had to pay again just to be able to trade legends but what can you do? I had to have this option. I don't know why guys are having issues finding the new legends outside of Lengends Showcase. As soon as I quit and returned to the main menu all the new legends are there. Also, I read that PS3 users got screwed but I found the legends just fine. It's not as straight forward as it should be though. Whatever previous rosters you had will get corupted bad. Like all players will be doubled. Before you download Legends Showcase be sure to back up any rosters you don't want to lose and then create a dummy roster that will get screwed up. I had autosave turned off and it still corupted but I was able to retrieve my older roster saves and they were fine.

To get the new legends I had to trade them to a team, I traded 15 of them to the Utah Jazz just because. I then launched a season with the Jazz and exported the team. I loaded my older, uncorupted roster files. Next I loaded the exported team. My new legends were there. I was able to trade Yao Ming to the Rockets. I loaded a game to make sure everything worked and it seemed fine. That's as far as I got.

I have no idea what would happen if I upload the new legends to 2K Share but I will try to do this later on today. I'm not sure if the new legends would appear if you don't have the new mode. My PSN is RockitOldSchool if you want to look up my roster files later today.
cool new legends for ps3 users right?
Old 11-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #147
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydizzle
nah dude .. thats not how 21 works .. he should have won!
it depends on if you are playing on ones or twos. If was playing by twos and he had 20 and shot a jumper that would have gave him 22 which means he had to go back down
Old 11-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #148
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokupguy
as of right know no they seem to be a new id code for them or it only works with in the mod but i was able to get the time sq arena to work in normal game play. pic below

how did u do that
Old 11-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #149
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

no roster file corruption....but game freezes every time i try to play since i downloaded the DLC....SMFH

TEAM HEAT!!!! (est.2001)
STEELER NATION!!!! (est. 2002)

Currently Playing-NBA 2k12 Tekken 6 Madden 12 MLB 2k11 Fight Night Champion NBA Jam:OFE
Old 11-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #150
Banned

RockitOldSchool's Arena

OVR: 5
Just when I thought all was right in the world and I had access to all the legends. I spent hours this morning moving legends to their correct teams. There are about 75 legends from what I can tell. Of course some of these are guys we have already from different eras. I probably got about half way through when I had to go back and get some more teams. When I went back to my roster file it says I can't trade or assign legends from a created team! After about 30 minutes of that I almost threw my controller against the wall!

This is unacceptable. I paid $10. I've wasted a lot of time with this. I think my only option now is to start over from the beginning. Once you find you are able to trade legends from your exported team take advantage of it. The ability seems to come and go without any logic behind it. As soon as I can get all the legends I will upload them to 2K so I can hopefully save all of you the time and aggravation.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #151
Hall Of Fame

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

can you play with classic teams in the assoctation like in a season? I dont have the game yet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #152
Rookie

OVR: 7

I believe the answer to all our problems will be the reditor this program was OUTSTANDING!!! For 2K11. The creator named Vlad stated it might be ready around christmas time frame for 2K12. With this program you have access to all the cyberfaces in the game, Ages, Equipment, Hidden Jerseys, Stadium names, Coaches and staff, and much more. Im trying hard to stay patience for this to come out I made a all-time rosters already and posted it on 2kShare but now that I have the DLC with the reditor this game will be top notch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »