Home

NBA 2K13 Preview - Control Stick, Passing and Real-Time Physics Collision System

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Preview - Control Stick, Passing and Real-Time Physics Collision System within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #33
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K13 Preview - Control Stick, Passing and Real-Time Physics Collision System

I hope this physics system comes into play when I'm running off ball sets in My Player and the defender touches me while in a trail position and I stop in place for a one or two second bumping animation. Also when jockeying for position in the post, trying to move from one side of the paint to the other to get a pass, it's so frustrating that I couldn't break out of those animations.

This phsics system is giving me real high hopes, man.

Now...about plays that fizzle out because the ball handler decides to stand in place and waste the shot clock instead of reacting to the pick I've set or following the play chart that says they pass rather than do nothing.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K13 Preview - Control Stick, Passing and Real-Time Physics Collision System

damn hopstep button to be just a 1 button move. get ready for the hopstep cheese!!
Old 08-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #35
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumpert21
damn hopstep button to be just a 1 button move. get ready for the hopstep cheese!!
Why does it matter if it's on one button or a combo of trigger and right stick? To my understanding (I don't play online) people abused it before anyway.

Plus if they're true to word with this physics system, if you square 'em up you can force 'em to commit a charge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #36
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
But moreso why is the hopstep so important? Why not spin move, or eurostep, or stepback? To me, it's on equal footing with the the rest of the layups in 2k12. Or why not a button that helps with on the fly coaching?
...but if you remember in 2k11, the hop step button also allowed you to do spins and step backs...i wasn't JUST for hop steps.

Last edited by blues rocker; 08-10-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #37
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
Noooooo

Hopefully the improved physics will balance the dreaded hop step and other moves out. The real test will be when an offensive player hop steps into the defender. What will be the outcome? I dont expect perfection, but I do want to see less ghosting and the appearance of a solid collision.
yeah...and some automatic charging calls would be nice too, for situations where someone tries to hop step right into a stationary defender.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #38
MVP

noshun's Arena

Sounds good, need vids now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 08-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #39

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

All I can say is wow.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 10
Nice. So they took everything that was good from the Live series and have thrown back into 2k. It reminds me of NBA live 2005 which was one of my favorite NBA games. I'm looking forward to the changes that are coming.

If they truly fixed the passing, (which it seems like they partially blame the user) then this game will seem close to perfect. I love the hop step option button and the bounce pass. My god, finally!!!! I've yelled one too many times at the TV because I couldn't get the best available passing option. Especially on a fast break where bounce passes are crucial.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »