Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Quick Clip From Gamescom

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Quick Clip From Gamescom within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #145
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
relying on animations can work if implemented well, but the drawback to relying on an animation system is that there will always be moments where the correct animation does not play out...so you can sometimes feel cheated by those incorrect animations. this is why it's important that the developers do their work and make sure the correct collision animations play out when they're supposed to, and that the animations are breakable/branchable, so you don't end up with junk like this:

unstoppable hopstep (skip to the 2:07 mark):

i don't know much about the technology behind these games, but maybe there's a way they can combine animations with some form of real physics...and maybe that's what they're doing with 2k13.m we'll find out when we get our hands on the game.
What you see in these "build" videos is, by and large, what will be in the actual game. Build videos are RARELY ever put out without the core engine in place. What comes AFTER these build videos are the touchups, rating tweaks of players, etc. If we can not trust the build videos to show us what will actually be in the game, then 2K is being dishonest from the get go (whether that works out to the customers' advantage or not). I'm afraid that 2K IS being honest here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #146
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Quick Clip From Gamescom

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
Lol. Please. RARELY do pc versions of said game allow "modders" to correct the core engine of the game. That's no exception here. Maybe you'll be able to have the aesthetics you're looking for, but it doesn't change the fact that what I saw in this "quick clip" shows that 2K doesn't "get it" when it comes to giving the fans the real life experience they're wanting. You know, the AI actually running plays, the spacing on the court looking realistic. I guess I'm in that small minority of gamers. ;-)
its all in the exe file, modders have been pretty good at tweaking and changing things, there are some good youtube clips showing it off....but its a videogame, not going to get that realistic to life feel that we dreaming of, just not going to happen, but its realistic enough for me, these generation consoles are tooo limited, well all consoles are, they should build on pc that has no restrictions and go from there
Old 08-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #147
Rookie

tuck243's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
Please stay on topic and don't turn this into a hand checking argument.
Didn't you bring this argument to my doorstep??? Which I gladly disposed of.......

On an all serious note though, I do get that it's a video game so you need some type of defense for a scoring onslaught (and cheesers), but by no means is it accurate to real life NBA... That's why ISO motion was so stupid to me, I couldn't control my ball handler animations on a consistent basis to allow hand-checking to play a big role in that game... I had to tweak the rosters tremendously to get CP3 to actually play like himself... Being upstoppable off the dribble... I just hope with the right stick dribbling move it's easier to create separation, as I can see the hand-checking is back...

Bumping in the post was ridiculous on My Player too... I couldn't even get to my spot in time enough to start the play... One maybe 2 bumps off ball is cool... But taking me 10 seconds just to get there was OD if playing on SS or HOF...
Old 08-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #148
Chi Til I Die.

BChizzle's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
Wrong. Sliders have nothing to do with causing the A.I. to run plays or not. Sliders also have nothing to do with floor spacing.

The biggest complaints each year for 2K have been with gameplay VERSUS THE AI. When you're playing another human, that's one thing. Each person is hammering away at the pass buttons and setting picks. The frantic pace almost makes it impossible to 'see' whether the AI is doing its job.

When playing VERSUS THE COMPUTER it's an entirely different story. It becomes SO OBVIOUS what the AI will do each time up the court. Bring the ball up the court. Stand around at the top of the perimeter. As long as you have a man in front of the AI with the ball the shotclock will wind down and a prayer will be thrown up. It's repetitive, unrealistic and KILLS the game in franchise / season modes.

It amazes me so many folks are caught up in the graphics, shoe colors / types, the appearances of the jumbotron or whether the nails on the floorboards look like they came straight from Lowes or Home Depot. And I thought MY knowledge of the game of basketball was limited.
+1000 to everything this guy just said. CPU AI has gotten so predictable that i can intercept 50% of the passes made within a play they call. All Star point guards do nothing but stay around the perimeter and passing, no attacking and sucking in the defense at all. Funny thing though, is that Jason Kidd seems to be the only PG taking the most shots out of all point guards. This guy isn't lying, it's pretty simple. Stay in front of the CPU and he'll driblle up the whole shot clock and throw up a ridiculous attempt.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #149
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
It was already said by the 2K team
lol actually I don't believe it was. Look for anything from anyone working on the game saying anything about RTP...
Old 08-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #150
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
lol actually I don't believe it was. Look for anything from anyone working on the game saying anything about RTP...
Ah! that's what you meant Czar :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »