Home

NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (2-12-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (2-12-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Did they recently update Tyson Chandler's tattoos? Don't remember his full sleeve being there.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #34
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (2-12-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
He has an OREB% of 13.2, better than Noah and Pekovic, but 2k never even heard of real statistics I suppose.
Now I don't care about the Cavs at all and a lot of ratings talk is fanboy bullsh*t, but 2ks rosters are so bad it hurts. They could simply copy everything fror all the community edits, but instead they repeatedly show a lack of even the most basic aspects of basketball knowledge.

I just don't get it, personally I couldn't even play this game out of the box even if I developed it myself. Is there really no one at 2k that knows what playbooks, ratings and tendencies are all about? Seriously, who are these guys in charge of rosters and do they watch the league any different from all the casual Lakers/Heat-fanboys?
Ya mean it's rough trying to play with the Cavs online. They don't get any ****ing rebounds. It really makes it incredibly difficult to beat anyone that is remotely good.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #35
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by toychri
Is Greg Oden a FA in this game? I am waiting to start my Cavs franchise until after the trading deadline, and I was hoping to sign Oden, as it looks like the Cavs might pick him up.
No he's not. I hope they put him in if we sign him, as he's been a god in 2k for years now lol.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #36
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

It is about what I expected.

I am a bit taken aback by Ronnie's reply to Patrick Beverley of the Rockets though. If Ronnie talks out of his butt without first checking and replying truthfully to him, how can we normal gamers take anything he says seriously?
Old 02-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #37
Rookie

Papesowish's Arena

OVR: 1

Wow, Alan Anderson got a 4+ boost for averaging 37% from the field over 14 games prior to the update he got the 4+ rating.

Amir Johnson's last 14 games since today's update? 14.8 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 2.1 assists, 1.4 spg, 1.7 bpg on 57 FG%, yet he gets nothing? Cmon

Iman Shumpert has been back for 12 games, averaging 5.3 pts on 33% FG and he's an 80 still? Get out. I still can't believe they made him a lockdown defender after his rookie season. The pandering 2k does to certain teams is blatant.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #38
Rookie

Maccy46's Arena

Vucevic still a 68 (which is fine) but if they are going to have the Shumperts and Earl Clarks rated higher thsn surely he should be getting more love. One of the leading rebounders in the NBA but gets cleaned up on the boards online unless i play someone using the Bobcats which is never. If he was a Knick, Laker etc he would be in the mid to high 70's.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
It is about what I expected.

I am a bit taken aback by Ronnie's reply to Patrick Beverley of the Rockets though. If Ronnie talks out of his butt without first checking and replying truthfully to him, how can we normal gamers take anything he says seriously?
Of course we can't. Current NBA players don't really have any power to negotiate individually with videogame publishers, so losing Patrick Beverley's respect won't hurt at all, other than embarrassment (not that he'd be a priority if they did negotiate individually).

I wonder if the NBPA could apply some pressure if enough players got upset about being misrepresented? Maybe complaints to them would go further than complaints here...

If they would offer some explanation about why the roster updates are so poor, that would help too. Something like "the 2k insider is busy working on (...) for 2k14, so he only has 5 minutes per week to work on roster updates." Or, "the insider is a real lazy dude, but he's the boss's nephew, so our hands are tied." Maybe their internal policies dictate that it takes a certain minimum amount of complaints for a player to receive any attention?

I don't think anything they might reasonably say would damage their reputation more than the lack of both words and action that we get now. The real concern is probably revealing some trade secret or limitation in their specific technology/processes that could give a (potential) competitor an edge.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 11
Question Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (2-12-13)

I would pay so much money to watch what the people at 2K are doing. Give me a week behind the scenes, please.

Are you guys understaffed? Are your developers working on different games like MLB or Borderlands 3, do you got a basketball department just doing basketball stuff?

What is the insiders main task, how hard can it be for him to correctly update players. I can do his job within the hour.

I could fix all the accessoires within a day and everyone would be finally happy.

What -the - hell- is - going - on - at -2K?!

I've said this 100 times before, but WE NEED EA sports. I know they have been delivering crap over the past few years but competition in a market is so important. It keeps each other sharp, 2K has become really lazy because they are the only one with a basketball game. So we as a consumer are screwed.
Competition=needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »