Home

OK enough complaining..who will get NBA 2K14?

This is a discussion on OK enough complaining..who will get NBA 2K14? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will you be getting NBA 2K14??
Most definitely..YES. Day one purchase. 107 57.22%
Not sure. Waiting to see what's new to the game and the reviews. Perhaps wait till a price drop. 62 33.16%
No. Due to financial reasons or no interest in buying this year's version. 0 0%
ABSOLUTELY NOT! I will not fall for 2K's promises of better defense and monthly roster updates. I was swindled last year but NOT this year! 18 9.63%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: OK enough complaining..who will get NBA 2K14?

If I have an Xbox in the fall I will.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 33

Right now, even with all its bugs, glitches, direction choices and omissions ... is a for sure buy to me, but not so sure about being a release day buy ...

Without a doubt 2k has the best NBA videogame out there, but there are many things to consider for this next itineration, in order for a release buy:

- Would it be on the new generation of consoles ? If so, would it be a port (ala 2k6, just graphically updated) of the game of current generation or something beyond ?

- Would it address the bugs & glitches that have been recurrent within the past 4 versions ?

- Would it improve on its editing, customization and options ?

- Would it reinstate all features and options that were taken away but were well received by both, hardcore and casual gamers ?

- Would it focus on most of our community (OS/SIM) needs like signature expansion, season/association improvements, gameplay refinements, etc ?

- Would Live third try (and last) would finally be worthy of a release ?

- Would I have the money or job to afford buying it on 1st day ?

Last edited by ffaacc03; 04-30-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #11
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Nobody should be blindly committed to buying it, or at least don't post it here online to let 2K know....make me want to buy it 2K!!!

XBLGT: tjor24
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I think I'll end up with 2K14 on release day. That purchase has been a yearly tradition for me since 2K3. However, for the first time in a long time (or perhaps ever), I'm not 100% sure I'll be picking it up.

I felt 2K13 began running in a funny direction in some regards in terms of its modes and overall mission (ex: removal of D-League, Summer League, real salary vs. addition of gold coins and spending a year's worth of earnings on fictional t-shirts) and some of it kind of suggests it's possible 2K could continue heading in that type of direction. And if a certain set of things occur (say, continually working toward making all aspects of the offline portion of the game always forcibly online-interactive, removing classic teams altogether, having another celebrity take over all aspects of presentation and music, further limiting custom rosters, Association remaining untouched, etc.) I may have to re-consider as to whether 2K14 would be a 65 dollar product.

I mean, in all honesty, all signs point to me picking up 2K14, particularly since basketball video games are one of the few games I actually play at this point. But for the first time in a while, I'm not sure I'm absolutely brimming with excitement. The gameplay still seems great, and that's half the battle. But just in terms of modes and whatnot, there was this feel in 2K13 like they stopped trusting themselves as to what would make the product good and instead put it in the hands of the Facebook majority (Jay-Z everywhere! Everyone forced to make MyPlayers that stare at you all the time! Everything easier! Never disconnect from the internet if you know what's good for you!).

Last edited by VDusen04; 04-30-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #13
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Just wait until we talk about...

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Old 04-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #14
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Just wait until we talk about...

we get to flop in 2k14 too?!?!?!

i hope it works as well as cp3's flops i wana be just like him! --this also ties into my 2kflop title in the cover thread!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Not on release day. I know reviews will be good. Then about a week after it's out, people start finding all the crap that's wrong like, bugs(no auto plays,2K share) or missing(features, game modes) or just plain bad(autosave,VC)

1. Game is crap for me before the patches. IMO it's a bad game out of the box and the glitches are always something small but gamebreaking for me that I can't fathom how they could have missed it. Too frustrating.

2. Mainly a MyPlayer guy so things like autosave, glitches that I need to wait 2-3 months to be patched, no improvements to player creation, no real money contracts to see what I'm worth, CAN'T pick jerseys, CAN'T sim individual games, CAN'T use sliders if I'm offline, CAN'T remove attribute points once I've used them, CAN'T make 2 separate MyPlayers etc...

The option to do most of what we used to be able to do is missing or was never there to begin with. Over the years this mode isn't getting better or improved upon, it's actually getting worse and it all starts with always online, VC, greediness. NBA2K is a successful brand now, I'm starting to smell the EA stink coming off of 2Ksports and with 2k13 I saw immediately the direction they are going in with this series and it's a bit too maddenesque for my taste to pay a full $60.

Last edited by Humdinger80; 04-30-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #16
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Since it seems to me that 2K devs are focusing mainly on the aesthetics of basketball I'am not sure I'am gonna get 2K14. 2K13 was overhyped for what it really is : Not much of an improvement over 2K12. Fundamentals haven't improved and the gameplay is crippled by the animations.

Added tons of animations that might look good at first glance or for the casual gamer but in the end it just make the gameplay akward and sometimes extremely frustrating.

There are so many animations that are wrong or don't have a proper counter animation, or doesn't interact at all with other players that it makes the whole thing feel glitchy. The contact in this game is the worst I've seen in a long time playing nba 2K. I don't even think I'am that much of an exigent gamer, I could deal with many of this game's problem (lack of interior contact, lack of shooting fouls, rebounding, sliding) like I've done so far but I just got burnt playing 2K13 because of it's animations.

How many times an animation is played out during the year? I think that's what made 2K11 so good. There was no awkard animation and every animation would interact properly through contact. Layups, escape dribbles, post moves. Thoses animations where simple but tight and effective.

Last edited by Vni; 04-30-2013 at 06:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »