Home

Old 07-18-2004, 04:41 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: ESPN Info!

They're going to fix the dunk animations. Calm down.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:17 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

noa999 said:
They're going to fix the dunk animations. Calm down.

not from what we saw from their own website
Old 07-18-2004, 07:56 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
not from what we saw from their own website

Damn skippy... peep tha video over at espnvideogames.com that came out around E3... Brevin Knight is freakin throwin down reverses on tha rim mannnnnn. That ain't a good sign for fixing the dunks. But things do change, and they been awfully quiet. I get tha feeling we'll be seein more and more starting real soon
Old 07-18-2004, 10:18 PM   #20
Rookie

Guys, I was the one that started this thread. Since then, I managed to get some info from my colleague and this is what I got. It's more gossip than info but here goes:

Apparently, Live did come up with the all-star weekend first, but through a leak VC found out with enough time to develop a similar concept. According to my colleague, both VC and EA had agreed to put off All-star weekends until the next consoles but EA reneged on their promise when they found out VC was releasing ESPN B-ball in early September, possibly at a lower price. When VC found out, they started developing their own all-star weekend at the expense of an early release, so they game won't come out in early September although there are still talks about mid-late September dates. Also, ESPN's dunk competition woud be similar to the College Hoops competition since the engine was already in place.

VC has chosen to dedicate most of their time to presentation and franchise, with a new expansion career mode and something similar to Madden's owner mode. Having finished that however, they are working on graphics and animation as we speak, and there's a wild rumor that AI himself, along with Jamaal Magloire and J. O'neal are doing this year's Mocaps. AI will do moves for pg, sg and sf, JO for sf and pf and c, and Magloire for pf and c.

This is most of what I heard, and I have no official confirmation, but I'll post more as soon as I find out.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:59 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 10

Even tho this is still in rumor format, it is big big news. AI finally in the mo-cap room and JO and JM, wow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 11:10 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:

ai2k2 said:
Even tho this is still in rumor format, it is big big news. AI finally in the mo-cap room and JO and JM, wow.

Yeah, it's still a rumor and I won't try to brag and say I have the only info around. But my source is reliable and has tested both Live and ESPN. Again, still unconfirmed rumors though. I'll keep you guys posted anyway.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:16 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 10

well since you have sources galore will espn 1. have real liscened sneaker ny Nike, reebok and Adidas and 2. will they be sporting real money in franchise mode?

P.S Good stuff, if it turns out to be true then I'll thank you for the leak, but for now.... keep em comin!
Old 07-18-2004, 11:45 PM   #24
Rookie

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to believe you... It's not because you've said anything outrageous that I mostly don't believe you though, it's because it just seems so damn unlikely. I mean, would we have had people posting about a leak over 2K5's supposed ASW if Live had kept their own ASW underwraps until 2 wks before release? I mean, no offense to the thread starter but this all seems so...opportunistic. But I won't call you a liar and say this is all wrong because even rumors that turn out to be true have to start somewhere. Hopefully that new info you just put up is true.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »