Home

Issues for Cat Daddy to adress

This is a discussion on Issues for Cat Daddy to adress within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #25
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Issues for Cat Daddy to adress

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
For all the players you mentioned that you want card stats adjustments for, as I have said before we base our stats on the console game numbers. We then boil their stats down to our 4 simple stats. Not an easy formula given that there are over a hundred stats to start with. We then adjust for positions, balance, etc. We make card stats adjustments sometimes, but right now we are happy with where things are at. When you're comparing stats it's not an apples to apples comparison across the categories (Offense vs. Ball Control). You'll notice generally Offense and Defense are lower than Ball Control and Mental Game. It's just because of how we balanced the game. There are literally dozens of factors we have to consider when messing with the stats that makes the balancing act difficult. Sometimes we get it "right" in your view, sometimes we don't. Really does it play well is what we care about most.
NWGD,
First of all, thanks for the responses. Your input is always appreciated on this forum!

I would like to examine one specific card based on this. Specifically, the Chris Mullin Legendary card. From the beginning, it's appeared that this card is rated far too low for a Legendary. Although stats may not really make sense between positions due to balance, weighting, etc. looking at other Legendary Small Forwards should be a fair comparison. Furthermore, let's do a comparison based on what the actual stats on the console game tell us.

So I fired up my NBA2K14 for PS3 and grabbed stats for Mullin, Carmelo Anthony, and 91 Scottie Pippen. Seemingly fair comparisons as they are all 3 SFs with similar overall ratings (Mullin 90, Anthony 91, Pippen 91).

Offense:
Mullin (Inside Off: B+ Outside Off: A) - Mobile Rating: 224
Anthony (Inside Off: A- Outside Off: A-) Mobile Rating: 387
Pippen (Inside Off: B Outside Off: C+) Mobile Rating: 373
Based on NBA2K ratings, you would expect Mullin and Anthony to be about the same with Pippen trailing a bit behind. Instead, Mullin has only about 60% of the offensive firepower as either of the two.

Defense
Mullin (Person D: B- Post D: C+) - Mobile Rating: 199
Anthony (Person D: B- Post D: C) - Mobile Rating: 350
Pippen (Person D: A+ Post D: C+) - Mobile Rating: 374
Defense was never Mullin's strong suit but he rates a little better than Anthony and much worse that Pippen. Although his card ratings is way below either.

Ball Control (there are posts from CatDaddy that say BC includes rebounds so let's include that here)
Mullin (Ball Handling: B- Rebounds: D+) - Mobile Rating: 219
Anthony (Ball Handling: B- Rebounds: C+) - Mobile Rating: 382
Pippen (Ball Handling: A- Rebounds: C+) - Mobile Rating: 393
Mullin is the worst ball handler and rebounder of the three but not by that much. Stat is once again only ~60% of either of the other two's.

Mental Game
Mullin (IQ: A+) - Mobile Rating: 266
Anthony (IQ: A) - Mobile Rating: 377
Pippen (IQ: A) - Mobile Rating 370
Surely, that A+ rating would mean that Mullin shines here but it is not so. He finishes 100 points below his counterparts.

*Athleticism is not on here because I didn't know where to put it. The ratings for Mullin/Anthony/Pippen are B/B+/A-

I'm sure that Cat Daddy uses a more complex formula than what I put above. But based on this I'm confident that Mullin isn't that much lower than either Pippen or Anthony. I think it's more likely that an incorrect variation of the formula was used (ex. epic formula for legend, PF formula for SF, etc.) and as a result we have the Chris Mullin we do today.

So I propose a few potential solutions to Cat Daddy:
1. Adjust Mullin's stats based on the console game's stats
2. Switch Mullin to an epic as his stats seem to align more with epics instead of Legendaries. With this, you may also want to compensate current Mullin owners with another card as they are losing a legend
3. Do nothing, keep telling us that the formulas are working and that no stat adjustments are needed.

This won't solve every card stat request. You could make corrections for weeks and everyone will have opinions on what should go up and what should go down. But this particular card looks more like a bug than part of game design.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #26
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJack
I don't think people realize how difficult it is to have even seasons. There just aren't that many trucks. It's impossible to put them all in one season. They don't all start seasons at the same time. They have to go somewhere. That's why they're in your season. The only other option is to put superpowered teams in seasons by themselves.. Aka bots. They tried that. Players hated.

I know it's not fun... But people just need to be OK with not winning much. In close to 6 months, I've won maybe 8 seasons. That's more than enough.

As for people asking about what happens with 2k15.. Couple points:

Doesn't anyone else even consider that maybe CD doesn't know what's gonna happen? They're the Dev for a companion app. It's not like they're calling every shot.

Secondly, there's the issue of timing. Even if they do know, maybe they can't say now. The reality is this: there's only one answer people wanna hear. If they don't have that answer, it makes zero business sense to let that out now. I know I wouldn't budge on the time frame set by my business because some guys are crying on a forum...

This game is far from perfect. Obviously they need to get leaderboards in order, season rewards need to be improved (and that's happening), and there's gotta be another game mode in there somewhere that's actually fun to PLAY.

All this crying over things that realistically can't be changed... People need to get over it.

You make some good points. I agree with all of them (even made some myself), except for the season matchmaking. There's absolutely no way that there aren't enough players to fill seasons for 30 decks with 3000 or 4000+ in each category. It takes me roughly 2 minutes to get put into a season and for about 10 in a row now there's usually at least 10-15 players with above 3000 in each category, meanwhile the best possible lineup I can make with what I have is 2000, 2100, 2200, 2400 (with players playing out of position).

The problem is the calculation used to match players. It's based on full PRO potential, regardless if a player has a "dupe" or not to actually realize that potential. Makes no sense. It should be calculated using the best possible lineup in relation to the cards someone ACTUALLY has in their deck. Then match guys within 200-500 points from each other, hell, even 1000. But 2000+?? No. That's just plainly a terrible system.

If the superstars can't find a game (which is BS), then throw in bots for em. They don't have to be superbots, makes em garbage it doesn't matter, because they would win against real players anyway. Except with the bots the rest of us who haven't spent any money on the app can still enjoy it and not have to wait 5 days just to horribly lose a season.

The way it is now is like this, the rich get richer, and the casual players just gotta start a season to be cannon fodder for 5 days so some dude with $500 invested in the game and countless days played can get another epic card.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #27
Rookie

philpots40's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustaGame
The way it is now is like this, the rich get richer, and the casual players just gotta start a season to be cannon fodder for 5 days so some dude with $500 invested in the game and countless days played can get another epic card.
The thing is as well spending as much as $500 guarantees you nothing. I broke down after the last rival event because I couldn't break the top 125 and didn't get a single epic through the entire event. I bought 19500 credits (6500x3) for almost $180 and got David West, Michael Cooper, Kyre Irving, Lamarcus Alrdrige, Dennis Rodman (epic), and Doug Collins. I already have Rodman and Collins Duped, and the other 4 are just singles.

I'm still mired in about an 8000 drafted cards with no epic, and over 20 000 without a legendary (my record is 14500-3200, I picked up Olajuwon in my first 4000 picks or so, nothing since). No winning season in over 4 months. My LU for season games is 3100-3700, which is good enough to get trucked over every season.

Personally I wish there was a tiered reward system for drafting. Like every 2000 picks you get an epic pack, and every 10 000 picks you get a chance at a legendary. That'd keep me and a lot of other players more interested
Old 04-21-2014, 09:37 PM   #28
Rookie

USCplaya's Arena

BIG problem that I am pretty furious about. I did the Daily VC bonus the other day and pulled my 2nd Blake Griffin Rookie Rare Card! I was SO excited, went into Myteam mobile and to my disgust he was not in my deck!!!! tried everything I could think of to get him back and nothing worked, submitted a ticket (LOL at that I know, last one took 41 days to get a response to) HOPEFULLY CD does the right thing here and gets me my card. So? What can you do for me?
Old 04-21-2014, 09:51 PM   #29
Rookie

Did you submit feedback or support? I believe you wanna do feedback for the My Team Mobile side. Just wanted to make sure. I lost my KG rookie card and they actually have me a KG Epic card (not sure if it was on purpose?) which gave me a duplicate.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:05 AM   #30
Rookie

USCplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRescue0
Did you submit feedback or support? I believe you wanna do feedback for the My Team Mobile side. Just wanted to make sure. I lost my KG rookie card and they actually have me a KG Epic card (not sure if it was on purpose?) which gave me a duplicate.
Initially I submitted a Support ticket but got the same advice you just gave and sent a Feedback one. Hopefully they get me that card, I have been wanting it to Dupe for a while and would have had it for my season playoffs too...
Old 04-22-2014, 09:09 AM   #31
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by philpots40
The thing is as well spending as much as $500 guarantees you nothing. I broke down after the last rival event because I couldn't break the top 125 and didn't get a single epic through the entire event. I bought 19500 credits (6500x3) for almost $180 and got David West, Michael Cooper, Kyre Irving, Lamarcus Alrdrige, Dennis Rodman (epic), and Doug Collins. I already have Rodman and Collins Duped, and the other 4 are just singles.

I'm still mired in about an 8000 drafted cards with no epic, and over 20 000 without a legendary (my record is 14500-3200, I picked up Olajuwon in my first 4000 picks or so, nothing since). No winning season in over 4 months. My LU for season games is 3100-3700, which is good enough to get trucked over every season.

Personally I wish there was a tiered reward system for drafting. Like every 2000 picks you get an epic pack, and every 10 000 picks you get a chance at a legendary. That'd keep me and a lot of other players more interested

You're story makes me want to delete the app and be done with it. That's awful.

But you have a good idea, it's just that I don't see anything like that getting implemented anytime soon.

I've 'quit' playing like twice now but then I'll hop back on one day to burn some time an then get back into it, only to end up wasting too much time and not making any progress
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2014, 05:37 PM   #32
Rookie

USCplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCplaya
BIG problem that I am pretty furious about. I did the Daily VC bonus the other day and pulled my 2nd Blake Griffin Rookie Rare Card! I was SO excited, went into Myteam mobile and to my disgust he was not in my deck!!!! tried everything I could think of to get him back and nothing worked, submitted a ticket (LOL at that I know, last one took 41 days to get a response to) HOPEFULLY CD does the right thing here and gets me my card. So? What can you do for me?
Got a response today to the tune of "the reason that you did not get the card you picked is because you were only logged into the 2k side and not the myteam mobile side also. Hope this helps."....... ARE YOU F UC KING KIDDING???? I get a "Better luck next time" Needless to say I replied in a very fitting way... as if they care

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »