Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2011, 01:45 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Unzip the file and install them in the NBA 2k Saves folder.
I did this.. but how do I load it in game? When go to load it in-game, it doesn't show up..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2011, 07:47 AM   #66
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

will you also release a "rerated" edition of the opening day roster, and make post patch adjustments to your slider sets if necessary, once they are out? for my part it would be highly appreciated since im really enjoy playing with your roster/slider!
Old 12-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 33

Sim, can you please tell me how are the "simmed stats" of teams after your edits ? With default, they are nowhere near last season stats, or any other recent season.

Specifically:
- Teams ppg scored
- Teams ppg allowed
- Teams total shot attempts
- Teams 3s total shot attempts
- Teams FG%
- Teams 3s %
- Teams assists, blocks, steals

Also, players assists & blocks

I am an association/season hardcore fan so I look for a balanced experience in terms of gameplay and sim stats ... therefor I have done some editing (as usual), based on last year real teams/players data and scaling it into attributes and tendencies ... and as opposed to previous years, they dont reflect a better outcome within the sim engine (gameplay is good for the most part) ... to me, it seems that this year the sim engine was not considered or modify to handle the changes into 2k default formulas and even more, it seems completelly disassociated with "scaled values" ... like giving us the only choice of doing unscaled edits to force the engine into having better sim stats (which then becomes subjective and brakes the gameplay) ... and all this, aside from the bug that shows horrific stats for the teams a user plays with.

Really interested on what are you finding with your edits, within the sim engine.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 12-03-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 19

I've been away from a few days, so to answer your questions:

I will check the team sim-stats when I get home. In previous simulations I've done with this roster, the individual stats were very realistic. The ratings are based off of formulas created with last year's stats, and the simulated results are usually very close. I haven't looked at team stats, but with individual stats being close, I'm assuming team stats should be.

I will make a set of post-patch sliders to match this roster set and have already tweaked the old roster set to get better results. In the new set, the defense is smarter, it's a little easier to hit jumpshots, and a little more difficult to score in the paint. I realized that with the old slider set, it was nearly automatic to score at the rim up to a few feet out no matter how many people were around or what type of shot I was taking, so I lowered the inside, close, layup, and contested shot success sliders while raising the inside shot contact slider to 100. The past few games I've played, the shots at the rim have been hit at around a 55-65 percent average (league average is 60) and scoring in the paint has been around 40-55 percent. The shooting percentage for me and the cpu inside the 3pt line has been around 50-55%.

I was going to post them tonight but I don't have wi-fi where I am, I (for the first time!) had the game crash, and I left my 2k disc at home. Ironically, it crashed when I paused the game I was playing so I could record the sliders and enter them manually. Oh, well. I'll probably post them tomorrow night after I get back home.

I will update the rosters based on upcoming transactions and will continue after the season starts IF there continues to be a flurry of action. This is probably going to be the busiest off-season ever. I can't promise a complete roster on opening day because there is no way I can get all rookies created without REDitor by then. There will be a roster released to match the opening day rosters, probably sometime in January. If Vlad gets it done in the next week or two, I can probably get it done by Christmas Day. We'll see.

Some good news: I redid the shot and touches tendencies for all the free agents. I didn't do a comprehensive overhaul of them because they all suck. I'm not going to waste my time editing players like Eddy Curry. If he gets enough playing time to notice the ratings and tendencies 2k gave him by default, you'll see him play like an idiot. Kind of like in real life.

I also finished re-editing the 64-65 Lakers and Celtics, the 95-96 Magic and the 95-96 Bulls, along with creating the 1st round draft picks up to Bismack Biyombo, I think. I got maybe 7-10 done. The two highest rated players were Irving at 75 (or 76) and Williams at 74. Nobody else cracked a 70. I haven't done Kemba yet, but I think he'll probably have over a 70 rating. In this year's game, if a PG has high speed and quickness ratings, they're almost guaranteed to be in the high 60's even if they are horrible everywhere else. Kemba will have good offensive awareness for a rookie (probably either 65 or 75), pretty decent shooting ratings, and a pretty high passing rating.

@ Vcman11 - Are you unzipping the file and putting both sliders files, the roster file, and the settings file in your Saves folder? That's the folder your computer accesses when looking for those files. If you're putting them there and you're game's not recognizing them, I don't know what to tell you. My guess is you're installing them in the Main 2k folder which is where all the .PNG and .IFF files are located. This is NOT where the roster file should go. Are you sure you're putting them in the Saves folder with the other roster and settings files you have?
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Sim, can you please tell me how are the "simmed stats" of teams after your edits ? With default, they are nowhere near last season stats, or any other recent season.

Specifically:
- Teams ppg scored
- Teams ppg allowed
- Teams total shot attempts
- Teams 3s total shot attempts
- Teams FG%
- Teams 3s %
- Teams assists, blocks, steals

Also, players assists & blocks

I am an association/season hardcore fan so I look for a balanced experience in terms of gameplay and sim stats ... therefor I have done some editing (as usual), based on last year real teams/players data and scaling it into attributes and tendencies ... and as opposed to previous years, they dont reflect a better outcome within the sim engine (gameplay is good for the most part) ... to me, it seems that this year the sim engine was not considered or modify to handle the changes into 2k default formulas and even more, it seems completelly disassociated with "scaled values" ... like giving us the only choice of doing unscaled edits to force the engine into having better sim stats (which then becomes subjective and brakes the gameplay) ... and all this, aside from the bug that shows horrific stats for the teams a user plays with.

Really interested on what are you finding with your edits, within the sim engine.
I answered most of this in my previous post, but I forgot to add this: there's nothing that can be done about Blocks Per Game. I don't care what you do, the sim engine just won't give a player more than 2 or 2.5 blocks per game. With 2k going back into history and giving us all these classic players, it's somewhat frustrating that they didn't fix a sim engine that hasn't produced realistic block totals or averages for the past few years. If they would have put guys like Mark Eaton or Manute Bol (who are historical leaders in Block Percentage) to go along with Bill Russell (one of the best shot blockers ever but who played in a time where they didn't keep that stat) they would not get NEARLY as many blocks as they should.

Manute Bol had a block percentage of over 10% during a few seasons. That means when he was on the court, he blocked 10% of ALL OF THE OPPONENTS SHOT ATTEMPTS. That's absolutely ludicrous. By comparison, Dwight Howard's highest block percentage in a season EVER is 6.0. Mark Eaton's career average in that category is 6.9 and Manute had a 10.2% career average. Insane.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #70
MVP

Question: If I posted my formulas to create ratings and tendencies and explained in detail how they worked, would you guys be willing to simply tell me what values you think the rookies should have? If so, it would speed up the process of creating rookies immensely and would make it much more likely to get this roster file out by opening day. All I would need to do is attach the right portrait and cyber face with REDitor when it's released. Until then, the player faces and models aren't perfect, but they're not too bad for an inexperienced player creator like me. It would look like this:

Kemba Walker
Height
Weight
Birthdate
College/Place From

Inside Shot
Close Shot
Mid Range Shot
3PT Shot
Free Throw
Etc.

Take Shot Tendency
Inside Shot Tendency
Close Shot Tendency
Mid Range Shot Tendency
3pt Shot Tendency
Etc.

Obviously, the ratings and tendencies would be in a complete list, the list would read just like you were looking at a player in the edit player screen, and each category would have a value next to it. Any takers?
Old 12-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #71
Rookie

Thechrislayne's Arena

OVR: 3

Forgot all about this project!! I got really good results but, does anyone have a roster with the rooks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #72
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I answered most of this in my previous post, but I forgot to add this: there's nothing that can be done about Blocks Per Game. I don't care what you do, the sim engine just won't give a player more than 2 or 2.5 blocks per game. With 2k going back into history and giving us all these classic players, it's somewhat frustrating that they didn't fix a sim engine that hasn't produced realistic block totals or averages for the past few years. If they would have put guys like Mark Eaton or Manute Bol (who are historical leaders in Block Percentage) to go along with Bill Russell (one of the best shot blockers ever but who played in a time where they didn't keep that stat) they would not get NEARLY as many blocks as they should.

Manute Bol had a block percentage of over 10% during a few seasons. That means when he was on the court, he blocked 10% of ALL OF THE OPPONENTS SHOT ATTEMPTS. That's absolutely ludicrous. By comparison, Dwight Howard's highest block percentage in a season EVER is 6.0. Mark Eaton's career average in that category is 6.9 and Manute had a 10.2% career average. Insane.
Thanks, then still looking for your updated report on your findings about simmed stats of teams. Here is were the sim engine seems broken or dissociated of scaled ratings and tendencies. To me, this year, is worse than ever.

Players stats are for the most part, "easy to fix", just with scaled ratings and tendencies ... there are few exceptions, the ones I listed and that you have now confirmed, such as blocks/assists/fg% ... which seems (being pretty optimistic) only partially fixable.

Again, thanks.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 12-04-2011 at 08:05 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »