Home

NBA LIVE 10 Dynasty Issues Thread

This is a discussion on NBA LIVE 10 Dynasty Issues Thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42
NBA LIVE 10 Dynasty Issues Thread

Hey guys,

I know there's a ton of things wrong in Dynasty, but I thought I would use this thread to track everything you guys say. Could you please put your responses in this order:

Subject: What's the topic?

Body: your issue

Fix: the way you think it should work

Thanks guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA LIVE 10 Dynasty Issues Thread

I won't lie. Dynasty mode is the one thing that has kept me from purchasing Live 10 this year. I'm a huge dynasty fan, not so much a fan of playing online as I am dynasties, and the negativity I've heard has kept me away from this game.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 10-23-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Subject: Points per game

Body: Top players aren't scoring enough I haven't really reviewed this myself but this seems to be the general concensus around here. Most people are having stats where the top players are only avg around 22 ppg.

Fix: After looking at the conditioning rating for most players it seems that there too low. So players aren't staying in the game long enough to score more then 22 ppg. I want to see the fatigue ratings go up across the board from stars to scrubs.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 46
DYNASTY MENUS

PROBLEM: Too Bland & Drab.

FIX:
- More life in terms of color. [NBA logos, ESPN logos]. The black and white used presently is clean, but boring. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the clean professional look as it stands, but it needs more life. PLEASE don't make it too busy like 2k. Keep it clean, but with more color.

More sections to come, boy do i have suggestions.

Last edited by econoodle; 10-23-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:33 PM   #5
MVP

FEATURES

PROBLEM: Too few options.

FIX: Look @ 2k. I mean sounds simple. But add in....

- 10 day contracts.
- restricted free agents
- d-league
- exhibition games
- summer league
- headlines [clickable, and for each team, again check 2k]
- ability to play or watch other games in Dynasty. Man playing as only your team makes the dynasty feel so hollow and vacant.
- monthly calender.
- add assistant coaches.
- hire & fire staff. [i love how you act as the g.m., yet can't fire anyone. hmmm]
- abiliy to get fired yourself as GM.
- espn draft coverage [keep the rumors section during the draft, that rocks].
- draft class importing
- in game saves [for non dynasty as well]
- sim stats tweaking
- create a team
- a weekly wrap up show like Madden has this year. Call it, Overtime, The Tip-In, The Buzzer Beater.

[things to NOT get rid of].

- the draft class fake faces, i love that, gives the fake players an identity. like john cusack used to say, 'silhouettes suck'!
- the alternate team logos used in menus and during screen swipes in game. it gives it a true NBA culture vibe.

More as I think of them.

Last edited by econoodle; 10-23-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Subject: Player rotations and auto subs

Problem: There is no way to set how you would want your subs to come in and for how long

Fix: There is a player rotation screen which, as I understand it is to set the rotations for simulated games but why can't that also be for user controlled games. We could list the players we won't to come in for each position and how much playing time is a priority for him at that position. Pretty much exactly how you got it setup except it would be nice if you could put a player at more than one position. Also if a player is not in on this rotation screen then don't let him come in through auto subs.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #7
MVP

DYNASTY IN-GAME

PROBLEM: Not Fancy Enough

FIX: Add these things.

- tv presentation
- better/more stat pop-ups. [it seems certain pop-ups, i.e., turnovers, ft% pop up at the exact same time. The TO one happens all the time when its one team with 3 and the other with 0. ALWAYS.
- more commentary [dynamic]. watch a game of 2k, then double that. you can do it.
-scores of other dynasty games
- cuts to coaches/fans/players during game [during blowouts show a fan sleeping and have the announcers say, ' i guess HE didnt care that D Wade scored 40 tonight'].
- pre/post/halftime improvements.
*FOR PRE:
{have different arena snapshots for each arena. I LOVE the pics of the arena before u get in the game, but have like 5 different ones for each arena. The MSG one stinks lol.
{have announcers talk about the previous game the teams have played during intros}
*FOR HALF:
{halftime show, tv style, with highlights, what to look for in the second half, and something where they go oveer the best player of the half}
* FOR POST:
{highlights, player of the game, post show going over all the other players and big stories from that game.

More TO Follow.

Last edited by econoodle; 10-23-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Subject: Simulated stats

Body: Really my only problem is the sim stats I've said it before but, the stats just aren't realistic. It's the truth if you try it out and play dynasty for yourself you will see Melo/Chris Paul Average like 28.8 minutes a game and CP3 will average around 6 assist, along with Melo averaging about 15-17 points with like 2 rebs...

Fix: I know this may sound weird but, When I got into Games Modes> Create Playoffs the sim stats look a bit more realistic. Only problem with this is only like 1 player off the bench gets about 12 minutes causing the at least 2 of the starters to average about 48 mins per game but, in dynasty mode I cant even get it to do this. It remains the same the starter minutes are around 28.8 minutes.

Also, I think this mode should be spiced up a lot it sometimes just seems boring and repetitive. I know this isn't a realistic goal for live 10 so I'm just hoping that it is a lot better in live 11.

Nba Live 10

Last edited by zfinley; 10-23-2009 at 05:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »