Home

NBA Elite 11, NBA Jam Impressions from New York

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11, NBA Jam Impressions from New York within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Elite 11, NBA Jam Impressions from New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
it won't be easy to hit the sweet spot every time, unless you're getting open shots....and if the guy is skilled enough to sink the shots with Kobe often, then it's pretty realistic if you ask me. The guy has the most 50+ point games since Wilt...ask the teams he did that to what if feels like guarding him.
I dont know man, most of Kobes points result in him making some sort of move or shake to free himself up to get space and then he shoots. If you take away that space or double him his percentage will drop and should result in a miss. Im with the Da Zcar on this one, Im not 100% on this. I would like to see more misses as a result of good defence. If he can "free" himself up which he usally does, then fine the shot is easier. Double teams should affect his contested shots greatly as well.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:48 PM   #58
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkules
I dont know man, most of Kobes points result in him making some sort of move or shake to free himself up to get space and then he shoots. If you take away that space or double him his percentage will drop and should result in a miss. Im with the Da Zcar on this one, Im not 100% on this. I would like to see more misses as a result of good defence. If he can "free" himself up which he usally does, then fine the shot is easier. Double teams should affect his contested shots greatly as well.
And the defense will have an effect on the sweet spot this has been said time and time again. If you are being heavily guarded when you take a shot your sweet spot will shrink it will not be the same as when you are open.

So that concern is being addressed all we can do is hope for the best though because if we don't all it will lead to is nitpicking and frustration.

Last edited by Jano; 07-01-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:24 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 11
I have no gripe with EA trying to get their bball correct. But why is it they always, and I mean always are one year behind 2k? In 2K, the shooting has always been done with a signature shot, signature release point and a varying window for release point accuracy based on player skill, defense, spacing, etc.

Why is that the EXACT same explaination for this "new" for NBA ELITE? Maybe others don't pick up what I do, maybe I read between the lines better than most, but come on, don't you see it? Live 10 played alot like 2k8, now you want ELITE to be 2k10?

I love the quotes they make that state bball games in GENERAL all have the same issues. Well why are you implementing A SHOT STICK? About 4 Years ago you guys still used 2 shooting buttons, LMAO.
In 2k10 Kobe has a very funny release point, so does Dirk, which both are different from Lebron's, anyone who just shoots, will never hit on a consistent basis unless they practice, now nba elite is saying you might have to practice more with your favorite teams to get their style down...wow, something any 2ker has been doing. I still cant get Danillo Gallinari's shot release...lol
So once again to try to join them, you must copy them, just don't be so ignorant in these community events, admit that you guys still praise NBA 2K and they give you guys all your ideas for the next year, when yall see what they've implemented in the same turnaround time as you guys. I can see it already, NBA ELITE with 400 pairs of kicks to unlock, but no realism, and I see they might be going back to baseline view, Im a Broadcast view man. They want you to use baseline low cuz their corny control scheme only works when the ball handler is facing up/down. Gimmie a break with this. I care not about EA basketball. Like I never Cheerios, cuz Im a frosted flakes man. EA Canada continues to wait for 2K to show them what basketball should play like.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:49 AM   #60
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez4DAyz
I have no gripe with EA trying to get their bball correct. But why is it they always, and I mean always are one year behind 2k? In 2K, the shooting has always been done with a signature shot, signature release point and a varying window for release point accuracy based on player skill, defense, spacing, etc.

Why is that the EXACT same explaination for this "new" for NBA ELITE? Maybe others don't pick up what I do, maybe I read between the lines better than most, but come on, don't you see it? Live 10 played alot like 2k8, now you want ELITE to be 2k10?

I love the quotes they make that state bball games in GENERAL all have the same issues. Well why are you implementing A SHOT STICK? About 4 Years ago you guys still used 2 shooting buttons, LMAO.
In 2k10 Kobe has a very funny release point, so does Dirk, which both are different from Lebron's, anyone who just shoots, will never hit on a consistent basis unless they practice, now nba elite is saying you might have to practice more with your favorite teams to get their style down...wow, something any 2ker has been doing. I still cant get Danillo Gallinari's shot release...lol
So once again to try to join them, you must copy them, just don't be so ignorant in these community events, admit that you guys still praise NBA 2K and they give you guys all your ideas for the next year, when yall see what they've implemented in the same turnaround time as you guys. I can see it already, NBA ELITE with 400 pairs of kicks to unlock, but no realism, and I see they might be going back to baseline view, Im a Broadcast view man. They want you to use baseline low cuz their corny control scheme only works when the ball handler is facing up/down. Gimmie a break with this. I care not about EA basketball. Like I never Cheerios, cuz Im a frosted flakes man. EA Canada continues to wait for 2K to show them what basketball should play like.
Lol at this whole post.

I guess EA should just hang it up now because obviously they can never make a game that can rival 2K.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
And the defense will have an effect on the sweet spot this has been said time and time again. If you are being heavily guarded when you take a shot your sweet spot will shrink it will not be the same as when you are open.

So that concern is being addressed all we can do is hope for the best though because if we don't all it will lead to is nitpicking and frustration.
Dude, I know the sweet spot gets smaller. But I want there to be a penalty for taking dumb shots over doubles and heavy guarding. If you can push it straight up then it goes in all the time which shouldnt be the case. I can already see people shooting heavily contested shots with Kobe instead of passing the ball to the open man which isnt good basketball.

Even open shots are missed by great shooters, but apparently it goes in if you push it up perfectly. I hope I am very wrong cause this game sounds unbelieveable.. Cant wait to get my hands on the Demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #62
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkules
Dude, I know the sweet spot gets smaller. But I want there to be a penalty for taking dumb shots over doubles and heavy guarding. If you can push it straight up then it goes in all the time which shouldnt be the case. I can already see people shooting heavily contested shots with Kobe instead of passing the ball to the open man which isnt good basketball.

Even open shots are missed by great shooters, but apparently it goes in if you push it up perfectly. I hope I am very wrong cause this game sounds unbelieveable.. Cant wait to get my hands on the Demo.
If the open man has a larger sweet spot than a heavily contested Kobe, why people wouldn't pass the ball?

Anyways, shooting those heavily contested shots with Kobe even if 4 teammates are open is 100% realistic, so...
Old 07-02-2010, 09:29 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez4DAyz

so much fail dude........
Old 07-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #64
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
What's up Czar? I can honestly say that I am actually excited for at least one EA Sports title this year. That is NBA Elite 11. I almost got excited for NCAA 11, but I had to pass.

Now, from many years of experience with video games, about a year with FNR4, and now a few weeks experience with Backbreaker, I can say that physics is definitely the way to go. And giving us more control over dribbling, shooting, passing, running, and hopefully dunking will put this game on top of the NBA 2k series. I am a 2k fan, but I used to be an avid NBA Live fan.

On to my question. Are there any plans to go to a variable, real-time acceleration system or are we going to be stuck with a stop and sprint system seen from in the 7 minute NBA Elite 11 video. The reason I ask is since I have been playing Backbreaker, I have notice that all the players accelerate realistically. I would like to see that in a basketball game for once.
What's happening Turf forgive me for not answering this question man I just saw it... I am not sure of the exact plans and maybe one of the devs can step in here but there is no more turbo button so the aim would have to be towards something more along the lines of what your question is..

So short answer I don't know, But also yes I think so if that makes any sense.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »