Home

OS Radio Show Tonight -- CANCELLED!!

This is a discussion on OS Radio Show Tonight -- CANCELLED!! within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: OS Radio Show Tonight -- CANCELLED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiedog
All of EA's employees sign an employment contract when they start working for EA. One of the things included is a Non-Disclosure Agreement in which employees are prevented from discussing or publicizing proprietary information. From the many posts that I have read from rEAanimator, he hs not broken that NDA. Now if EA as a company explicitly states that he, as an employee of EA, cannot participate in an event (interview, etc.), then that is pretty clear cut.

While this sucks for us, I'm guessing that EA freaked when they found out about rEAnimator being on the show and feared that rEAnimator might be a bit too open and honest with us. EA is in lockdown mode right now in that EA Vancouver studio. They're trying to figure out what to do and don't want any mis-information getting out there.

Understandable but still crappy for us.
yep they do ask you sign that Non-Disclosure Agreement

one thing i was shocked about was how open rEAnimator has been on the boards....he didn't seem to side step many questions good or bad.

I have to give him prop's because despite the amount of heat this game took he never vanished in thin air. You don't usually see that often when things get tough most guys bail out under pressure.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #42
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

Wow, over these last few months it has really opened my mind to see who is held accountable for any shortcomings of a companies product.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:41 PM   #43
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
What a disaster. Do the same thing to the radio show that they did to the game.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:42 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4
definetly saw this coming. At the end of the day EA has to save face and protect there brand at all cost. Def want to thank the devs for taking the heat & not jumping out much respect and love to yoyu guys.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #45
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

well like any other business.....there is a structure of command.

You have your global chief.....

Then national person

Regional person

district person

then individiual head of that local building, office or studio person

Then you have the people who work in that local area.

All that being said....regional and district level people don't get involved into the day to day stuff of one particular studio or office. Like me.....for my company, I am regional level, New York to Maine is my kingdom.

I get bi-weekly status reports from all the district heads in my area, which is about 10 district heads. They get their reports from the local level offices, which in total is about 487 offices.

99% of the time, I don't have contact with local level people. Don't interact with them, too many of them. However I report to national. Any and every PR mistake goes to national, and they come crashing down on me if it is in my region. Then I come crashing down on the district head whose district it happened in, they in turn crash down on that office that messed up.

So it pretty much goes like that. For the company I work for, no way in the world would we ever let somebody on the local level speak on behalf of the company. That is why companies have spokesmen and spokeswomen for.

And usually, majority of the time, they are accompanied by the company lawyers. Because what ever is said, it goes on public record and the company as a whole is held liable for it.

So in a nutshell it all comes down to liability issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 06:54 PM   #46
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

You know whats sad about this entire discussion

All of that over a basketball video game
Old 09-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #47
All Star

OVR: 49
something else ea post ponded till 2011, sorry i could help. Would like a show with the 2k folks instead.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1
dang, was looking forward to some info on NBA Jam. Live/Elite was not worth buying even with Jam thrown in to entice me away from 2K. However, a full-blown Jam or a XBLA version would interest me.

I was really expecting EA to save some face here and let their customers know what the plan was going forward, much respect to the individuals willing to come on the air and face the firing squad. I hate that a labor of love for those guys is struggling, and hate it more that their corporate folks got in the way of another good thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »