Home

All Promo is Good promo even Negative promo for NBA Live 13

This is a discussion on All Promo is Good promo even Negative promo for NBA Live 13 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: All Promo is Good promo even Negative promo for NBA Live 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kfanatic
This thread is still about live 13 PR right? So why the hell are people talking about 2k??
cause we want to. anymore questions 2kfanatic
Old 09-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 2

No news, good news? In this case I don't think so... We are in September and we don't know anything about the game, this is starting to be embarrassing...

To be honest I was planning to give Live 13 a shot as I am tired of 2k online issues, but not this way man, no way...
Old 09-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
No news, good news? In this case I don't think so... We are in September and we don't know anything about the game, this is starting to be embarrassing...

To be honest I was planning to give Live 13 a shot as I am tired of 2k online issues, but not this way man, no way...
I don't think it has anything to do with no marketing strategy like the OP said.
If you see the gameplay video posted here, you will see why there was no promo for this game.

No news => save marketing expense => they have to squeeze out any profit margin possible.

Why no promo? NBA Live 13 is a wrecking ship and that's why.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
I don't think it has anything to do with no marketing strategy like the OP said.
If you see the gameplay video posted here, you will see why there was no promo for this game.

No news => save marketing expense => they have to squeeze out any profit margin possible.

Why no promo? NBA Live 13 is a wrecking ship and that's why.
At this point EA would be lucky to finish even, in fact they would/should be ecstatic if they could/do.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpnp3
You derailed your own topic, you can't get anymore wrong than that. Yeah 2K is in my username but does that not mean I don't want live to succeed.

Pointing out flaws of the other game has nothing to do with live's PR and we have a s***load of threads in the other forum for that. I'm just saying you can get this thread closed if you guys continue to go off topic that's all.

Back to topic: Any negative PR for anything is a bad thing when you want to sell it. This is not a paris hilton like se* scandal. So yeah bad PR is still bad PR for ANY product.

Last edited by 2kfanatic; 09-03-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #62
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I'll say it again. there's NOTHING reastlic about a defender cutting off the lane of a dribbler by body bumping them. that will make the dribbler just lose he ball. it DOESNT HAPPEN in real life. if you keep trying to go that way. what will happen is a collison. where both of you will fall or trip over one another. or you the offensive guy will run over the other guy(CHARGE).
Yeah. Because an inordinate amount of charge/blocking fouls being called in a video is SO much fun. You're ducking the problem here, Sherlock. What's you solution to it master?

Quote:
but that doesnt happen in 2k.
What happens in Live? This is a live forum and thread. What does that game do in this case?

Quote:
now did i complain about the live ball hitting someones foot and bouncing funny?NOPE. why? because thats realistic.
A crazy amount of balls bouncing off the foot and funny bounces are realistic?! Is the Mario-running realistic too? I'm sure it is. We are talking about your perfect, favorite title, right? Oh, btw, look at 0:26 in this video of Live 10 please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcnyv...ayer_embedded#!

Quote:
and for the record. this isnt 2k vs other games. we know live is 10 years away from being anything to discuss in a AAA game fashion. 2k is vs how good it SHOULD/COULD be. not "but but but other games do it tooooo."
bull****. If it wasn't, you and your "friends" wouldn't bring 2K into EVERY discussion that revolves around an issue in Live.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 09-03-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #63
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Where is the ban hammer when you need one?

Seriously, he's right. This is a live forum and a Live thread. Stay on topic.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #64
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kfanatic
You derailed your own topic, you can't get anymore wrong than that.
Back to topic: Any negative PR for anything is a bad thing when you want to sell it. This is not a paris hilton like se* scandal. So yeah bad PR is still bad PR for ANY product.
Consider the level of intelligence of the notion that bad PR for a product you want to sell is good PR, and the misuse of the word "promo", and the wacky perceptions of physics, realism, game design, game balancing etc...

Well, consider the source. I guess it's all consistent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »