Home

Gameplay Designer Scott O’Gallagher Leaving EA Sports For 2K Sports?

This is a discussion on Gameplay Designer Scott O’Gallagher Leaving EA Sports For 2K Sports? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #33
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Gameplay Designer Scott O’Gallagher Leaving EA Sports For 2K Sports?

Scott OG is like Lebron of the NBA games community, he left NBA Live (Cavs/Kyrie cover) to join 2K(Heat/Lebron) cover.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:46 AM   #34
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

That's Pretty Messed up of Scott OG if you ask me. Leaving is one thing, but leaving for 2k, that's just wrong. I guess it's Karma? From when EA stole Mike Wang?

Anyway, I just hope he's not over there Spilling every idea EA has for the Future to the 2k Devs so they can copy and try to make it look better and original. I Still think EA Has the tools to be an original Basketball title with the Physics engine, scanning technology, and all the other Shared systems within the Ignite.

Just kinda bugs me how every secret and plan they've had underwraps for a while now is at risk of exposure because one guy felt disgruntled "I'm Assuming". Just Hoping from here on out they put out a Team that is Dedicated to "NBA Live" full of creative, innovative, and basketball minded people.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:55 AM   #35
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
That's Pretty Messed up of Scott OG if you ask me. Leaving is one thing, but leaving for 2k, that's just wrong. I guess it's Karma? From when EA stole Mike Wang?

Anyway, I just hope he's not over there Spilling every idea EA has for the Future to the 2k Devs so they can copy and try to make it look better and original. I Still think EA Has the tools to be an original Basketball title with the Physics engine, scanning technology, and all the other Shared systems within the Ignite.
Hi
Just kinda bugs me how every secret and plan they've had underwraps for a while now is at risk of exposure because one guy felt disgruntled "I'm Assuming". Just Hoping from here on out they put out a Team that is Dedicated to "NBA Live" full of creative, innovative, and basketball minded people.
Couldn't agree more. If he gives away information about what live is doing I think its a wrap for the live series. Og is a lot smarter than some than some of you guys think and I know his ideas would have hurt the other game in the future
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

That's true, but hey, what if he tried to bring his ideas and higher ups shot them down? Pssh I love Live but if they used that EA corporate ladder bull**** and shut him down, I could understand if he brought those ideas to 2K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0
I always like listening to OG on Da Czar's podcasts/youtube videos. He has good insight into basketball and I really like hearing his opinions on the NBA game. But, in all honesty, I wasn't feeling his videos and other social interaction with Live. He always came across very flat and disinterested.

I was under the impression this happened a long time ago when I stopped seeing his involvement in the game.

Regardless, best of luck to him on his future endeavors.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #38
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
No one said he quit. For all we know he could've been let go.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #39
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosey101
That's true, but hey, what if he tried to bring his ideas and higher ups shot them down? Pssh I love Live but if they used that EA corporate ladder bull**** and shut him down, I could understand if he brought those ideas to 2K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe es wanted to cater to the casuals like the other company and were not feeling Scott's idea's for the real ball Head's
Old 06-26-2014, 04:44 PM   #40
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Maybe es wanted to cater to the casuals like the other company and were not feeling Scott's idea's for the real ball Head's
Nothing wrong with that, but every game needs a balance between the two. You can play 2K arcade style, and simulation, it's built for both, and they have a ton of sliders. Live was mainly how they tuned the game for the users, so fans didn't really have a choice

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »