Home

NBA Live 16 E3 Gameplay Trailer and Details, New Mode Announced Later This Summer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 E3 Gameplay Trailer and Details, New Mode Announced Later This Summer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2015, 12:15 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 16 E3 Gameplay Trailer and Details, New Mode Announced Later This Summer

Depending on how the physics is used in game this could be a big game changer if used correctly. Wow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 12:29 PM   #66
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Re: NBA Live 16 E3 Gameplay Trailer and Details, New Mode Announced Later This Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losethenbalicense
I'm actually impressed. Their new shot system is exactly what I've been wanting in 2k for the longest!!!
We had it in 2k8 remember? Live never adopted it
Old 06-16-2015, 12:37 PM   #67
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
Yes... there is a ton of copy cat stuff going on here that is literally too funny to see everyone gushing like its all brand new but knowing it was already done before.

I don't think its bad stuff, just seems like most of the announcements were straight rips.

Will wait and see how things go upon release
Old 06-16-2015, 12:57 PM   #68
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

I liked what I saw. Like others have said, some of the animations are still a little stiff, but if the control is there, it doesn't bother me at all. I love the addition of dribble hand-offs (FINALLY!! ) and the fight to get away from defenders off the ball looks good. Hopefully that will lead to some space coming off screens and things.

Can't wait to see some real-time gameplay. Hoping that the CPU is more reactive on defense vs psychic this year, or at least is more humanlike in response time. And my biggest hope is that you can control your movement speed completely independent of dribble moves. One of my biggest gripes last year was trying to change speed/direction with a crossover, and being forced to kinda lunge toward the rim.

Hoping some people are able to record from the booth at E3.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:45 PM   #69
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNBA/stat...75570587574274

Guess we are going to find out sooner rather than later. This is a good sign.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:34 PM   #70
Banned

Live2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Yes... there is a ton of copy cat stuff going on here that is literally too funny to see everyone gushing like its all brand new but knowing it was already done before.

I don't think its bad stuff, just seems like most of the announcements were straight rips.

Will wait and see how things go upon release
The copy cat goes both ways. Thankfully live isn't adopting their animation structure for the sake of perfect animations.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:41 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
I actually don't remember it in 2k8. It looks smoother in this years live imo from the early to the late release they each look fluid and like the real life sig shot. In 2k however if you release too early it looks clunky and it's pretty much an automatic miss and the same goes for a late release.

That's why guys like Eric Gordon and al horford are harder to use than they should be because you have to shoot their shots perfectly, their isn't a system like live is implementing where you can release it faster or later or it'll be a for sure brick or block.

Same goes for pull up jumpers, they're too slow on 2k. Some players have quick pull up jumper releases in real life (ex.westbrook)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 03:45 PM   #72
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
The copy cat goes both ways. Thankfully live isn't adopting their animation structure for the sake of perfect animations.

They need to do something about that stiff movement thats been there since 2006

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »