Home

NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2018, 04:58 AM   #33
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

The one mode is definitely the bright spot of this game....NBA portion maaaaan I'm not enjoying it right now, I'll just leave it at that right now

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2018, 05:03 AM   #34
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

Everything about The One was incredible man. I was really, really impressed with the presentation and TBH I skipped a lot to save it for later when I create my actual build. Very impressed with how The One is put together and can see it being a major hit for the series.

On the flip side, I'm shocked with how underwhelmed I was with NBA gameplay. Just some Pro/Cons

Ball in hand movement definitely feels a lot better than 18, and even on Superstar I was able to beat the defender by taking an angle instead of a dribble move. Still not a huge fan of dribbling though...feels clunky...but I'm really going to buckle down and lab.

The CPU played a LOT more intelligently. There was a period where KD got in his bag that was a dope sequence and a mix of drives, mid ranges and 3 point shots.

The commentary team is rough man. I cant remember the last time I've heard a more dry commentary team. Not only that, but their lines are kind of spotty, which just adds up to some very unimpressive play by play.

The camera still cant quite keep up with the ball on long passes on broadcast cam.

Might be something that needs to be taken back to the Live devs- Thequick pick and roll is open just about every time. CPU cant cover the roll man.. noticed this by accident trying to nail down the controls.

Kind of bummed the NBA side didn't wow me out if the gate like The One did man. .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-24-2018, 05:05 AM   #35
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Game plays hella smooth.Some characters look great while others and some WNBA players don't look too hot... surprisingly there is little to no muscle definition on players(Gumby arms) which seem a step back .

Step up from last year movement wise...some wonkyness is still there BUT it's far less than 18(thats a huge improvement ).

The Bread and butter right now for me is the One, the NBA side definitely needs the same love and care as the one mode received as far as the demo is concerned.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Last edited by swac07; 08-24-2018 at 07:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 05:07 AM   #36
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

The game playing graphics are both greatly improved love it The one mode is clean in Gorgeous and plays a really nice game.

That Player Motion... Nice

but man that new commentary in play now I don't know not digging it.

And no additional camera angles From last year either which is greatly disappointing

but I owned and played live 18 last year for awhile and this is definitely much improvedm Minus the commentary
Old 08-24-2018, 05:09 AM   #37
Pro

d23x's Arena

OVR: 0

This is honestly the most responsive Live game I’ve ever played. Just got done squeaking out a tough win against the Celtics where Kyrie was lighting me up from 3 & mid range in the 2nd half. Don’t want to give a full impression since I’ve only played one game, but I absolutely love the feel of the game. I do however feel the game has gotten a tad darker though, but it’s still visually very nice. It’s definitey a buy from me, but might wait until it’s discounted. I’m a franchise guy & it doesn’t sound like that part of the game was touched at all.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:24 AM   #38
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
mo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Everything about The One was incredible man. I was really, really impressed with the presentation and TBH I skipped a lot to save it for later when I create my actual build. Very impressed with how The One is put together and can see it being a major hit for the series.

On the flip side, I'm shocked with how underwhelmed I was with NBA gameplay. Just some Pro/Cons

Ball in hand movement definitely feels a lot better than 18, and even on Superstar I was able to beat the defender by taking an angle instead of a dribble move. Still not a huge fan of dribbling though...feels clunky...but I'm really going to buckle down and lab.

The CPU played a LOT more intelligently. There was a period where KD got in his bag that was a dope sequence and a mix of drives, mid ranges and 3 point shots.

The commentary team is rough man. I cant remember the last time I've heard a more dry commentary team. Not only that, but their lines are kind of spotty, which just adds up to some very unimpressive play by play.

The camera still cant quite keep up with the ball on long passes on broadcast cam.

Might be something that needs to be taken back to the Live devs- Thequick pick and roll is open just about every time. CPU cant cover the roll man.. noticed this by accident trying to nail down the controls.

Kind of bummed the NBA side didn't wow me out if the gate like The One did man. .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
My exact impressions . In the one Graphics looked really good and Gameplay felt great . Look foward to making my likeness as my all time favorite player Scottie Pippen .

But the nba play now . I’m not even going to comment on lol .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-24-2018, 05:33 AM   #39
Pro

d23x's Arena

OVR: 0

Idk man some of you guys have the weirdest taste or something. The game is almost 100% improved gameplay wise from last years title. I’m curious on what some of you don’t like. There’s a ton I saw in just one game that was exciting. The fact that I feel like I can control a player fully on a P&R is great. I actually feel like the cpu matters when I’m playing. The defensive side of the ball is so much better compared to the other game. I feel I can score at will on the other game, while here I felt I had to work for most of my shots or set up plays to get baskets.

Last edited by d23x; 08-24-2018 at 05:35 AM.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:33 AM   #40
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

After playing some more. I can clearly tell The One was their main focus, the NBA and WNBA was just an after thought. Halftime and post game shows are still the same. Baseline high camera shows off the game the best and it is also way easier to pull off the dribbling moves in this camera compared to ESPN camera. Game is a tad bit too highlight reel focused. Game plays like Sports Center Top 10 plays, only it is all game long.

You will see star players do some nice moves that isn't post related. Kevin Durant seem to catch fire pretty easily and often. Steph Curry will try to fancy dribble his way passed you. Step backs happen a lot. The pass the ball to the nearest one to the basket I can tell will be fast break cheese. I was able to start a lot of fast breaks with that mechanic which lead to a dunk or easy layup. Blocking layups from behind LeBron James style seem to be, I don't know, too easy. I don't know if the offensive player slows down or the defender have warp speed catch up logic. But I noticed I was able to run down the CPU every time and pin their layup to the glass.

CPU rebounding is hit or miss. Some times they aggressively go after it. Some times they just stand there and watch the ball bounce and roll passed their feet. It is the same way with loose balls on steal attempts and pass deflections. Some times they will make an effort to go after it, other times, they will just stand there and watch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »