Home

NBA Live 20 Has Officially Been Canceled

This is a discussion on NBA Live 20 Has Officially Been Canceled within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2019, 09:34 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Odd, last comment didn't take.

FLASHBACK:**“NHL 14 will not be available for Xbox One or PlayStation 4 this year. Our team is laser-focused on delivering the greatest hockey experience to-date on the Xbox 360 and PS3, grounded in the speed, skill, and aggression of the sport. We look forward to developing a best-in-class hockey experience for new platforms in the future.”

How did THAT work out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2019, 10:22 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 20 Has Officially Been Canceled

I'm not surprised, unfortunately the writing was on the wall when they updated the rosters. It's a shame they didn't come out much sooner with the announcement. I don't like the fact they're using next-gen as an excuse and cop out.

Next gen hardware doesn't warrant success, their track record for transitioning over to new consoles hasn't been great. If they couldn't get it right this time around I don't expect next-gen to be any different, if the lack of talent and resource are still the main problems.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:45 AM   #43
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

This game is dead........

How you can have any faith or belief that “they will get it right this time around” is beyond me......

It’s done......
Old 10-30-2019, 11:15 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 10

[quote=Lockette;2049953351]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
it actually was a good game for the past two years. It's sad that you didn't give yourself a chance to experience it with an open mind. Even reviewers didn't act like it was a bad game, and they had no real incentive to lie. They also probably didn't get nearly the amount of time some of us who actually played the game all year got to understand and appreciate it.

Like I said, it's sad it got cancelled. It's sad nobody was buying it, but that doesn't change the fact that it was actually a good game. I mean, you'd be hard pressed to say Live wasn't at least a 7/10, but it's probably an 8.

Seriously wth!!?? Ppl like you are definetly the problem & i see you constatntly defending 2K as well...im pretty confident there is very little in this world u would say isnt good, or you would put a positive spin on everything, its beyond sick! The God Damn game was cancelled & YOU ARE STILL DEFENDING IT... the true irony here is the same day this happens 2K20 is dropping free copies all over x box members..

Despite your head in the sand attitude it seems like the sky really is finally falling... As far as im concerned im happy to this because with any luck the NHL series shuts down next & than EA shuts down... NHL was the first game i had to let go of because it is EASILY THE WORST SPORTS GAME OUT THERE. Bar none its not even close...

Ppl r tired of this b*llSh*t & its really nice to see smart ppl wiseing up & closing there wallets... im really curious to see where your deflections & rationales go from here because at this point it looks like Take Two is in the headlights & one more mist step might kill them.. & thats not even talking about the true house of cards... if there money laundering microtransactions ways get cut off at the knees, that will be awesome...

STOP ACCEPTING CRAP SMAK... u have been for years!!

Haha I didn't read the whole thing, but I think my life might change a little after this pep talk. Thanks. For the laugh, too.

-Smak
Old 10-30-2019, 11:34 AM   #45
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

The year is 2039. EA releases a statement saying that they are cancelling launch of NBA Live '40 as they felt the best course of action for the series was to dedicate their efforts to ensuring the series is at it's best for the launch of the next gen consoles coming in 2040.

The NBA Live diehard community: "You know this is a good strategy. While I'm disappointed because Live '38 was just a fun game if you gave it a chance, this gives them a chance to polish some things up and add some more animations. When the PS7 drops next year I think they finally get it right and can get back to the Live we all fell in love with all those years ago...."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2019, 01:36 PM   #46
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I doubt they planned on cancelling the game when they first announced the delay. There was speculation that the game would release around All-star break so if that was discussed there was likely a lot of debate within EA about when the game would be ready and when it could be released and it got to a point where they decided they were better off taking the year off.

At this point I think it was the right decision regardless. No reason to release Live 20 just to release a game. With the way sales have gone with the series they would have had to blow people out of the water for the game to sell well and clearly that wasn't going to happen. This at least gives them a chance to, essentially, start fresh next gen and possibly release a product that looks and feels like a next gen NBA videogame.
I see what you are saying but to say there is no reason to release a game i don’t agree with. It took them 10 years to gain any momentum and they finally did with 18 and 19. Sure it wasn’t a lot of momentum but it was some and that’s what this franchise desperately needs. They aren’t going to just miraculously put out a game in one year that will compete for market share. They need to build on successes and gain trust back. I thought they finally figured that out but here we are again.

So ya I think they should have released 20 even if it was marginally better than 19. At worst they weren’t turning off any more people than already don’t play live and at best they are making the small Live community happy and continuing momentum.

EA just doesn’t get it and I’m finally on board that they just need to not even bother with Live.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:56 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
This game is dead........

How you can have any faith or belief that “they will get it right this time around” is beyond me......

It’s done......
At the very least, you have to say EA doesn't want to give up with Live. Because they are investing more money developing the next gen. Basically have to build from the ground up again since they feel they can't relesse a game for this gen anymore. They have just under 12 months(when game would go gold) to develop basically develop from scratch. So there best case scenario for start of next gen, would be too set the foundation for the future. So we would still be looking at another 3-5 years before we get a solid game.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:59 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I see what you are saying but to say there is no reason to release a game i don’t agree with. It took them 10 years to gain any momentum and they finally did with 18 and 19. Sure it wasn’t a lot of momentum but it was some and that’s what this franchise desperately needs. They aren’t going to just miraculously put out a game in one year that will compete for market share. They need to build on successes and gain trust back. I thought they finally figured that out but here we are again.

So ya I think they should have released 20 even if it was marginally better than 19. At worst they weren’t turning off any more people than already don’t play live and at best they are making the small Live community happy and continuing momentum.

EA just doesn’t get it and I’m finally on board that they just need to not even bother with Live.
Almost better off going back to the NBA Street path again. Would sell well if they could get back to where it was in the PS2 days

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »