Home

Official Toronto Raptors Thread

This is a discussion on Official Toronto Raptors Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2004, 01:27 AM   #33
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Official Toronto Raptors Thread

I wonder how much the Raps TV package costs. Either way there's no excuse for the Rap games to be blacked out on the West Coast. It's not like it's hurting attendance. I'm already paying more for the digital package and I demand answers from Rogers.

I only caught the 4th quarter tonight but it was a good game. Bonner showed "onions" and I noticed Rose didn't play in the 4th.

I have to put some blame on VC for the loss. He jacks up a airball and then on the final play he tries to draw a foul instead of putting the ball in the hoop. Looking at the box score it appears he was bricking his shots all night.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:00 AM   #34
MVP

bball_1523's Arena

OVR: 19

although the raptors are off to a good start, I'm kinda neutral on Vince Carter situation, I kinda wanna see him traded because it seems as if Sam Mitchell's gameplan is not including Vince Carter more often. I mean sure, he might of bricked a lot of shots, but so does kobe, but kobe plays almost 48 min and shoots a lot more because of the game plan.

I always worry on why Sam Mitchell keeps Carter out at times. Sure the team is doing well, but if he Carter's on the court more and the offense revolves around him more, I think Carter can show up any time he wants.

Last night he only played 31 min and is avg like 30 min a game, less than Bosh! I don't understand it. I've been wanting to watch Raptors games and every time I watch now, Carter is sitting.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:13 AM   #35
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball_1523
although the raptors are off to a good start, I'm kinda neutral on Vince Carter situation, I kinda wanna see him traded because it seems as if Sam Mitchell's gameplan is not including Vince Carter more often. I mean sure, he might of bricked a lot of shots, but so does kobe, but kobe plays almost 48 min and shoots a lot more because of the game plan.

I always worry on why Sam Mitchell keeps Carter out at times. Sure the team is doing well, but if he Carter's on the court more and the offense revolves around him more, I think Carter can show up any time he wants.

Last night he only played 31 min and is avg like 30 min a game, less than Bosh! I don't understand it. I've been wanting to watch Raptors games and every time I watch now, Carter is sitting.
maybe because AS OF NOW kobe is playing better and is more valuable for his team

edit: it would help if kobe could make more shots, but as of now he is more valuable to the lakers then vc is to the raptors
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2004, 11:35 AM   #36
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Sam Mitchell knows what he is doing...I'll find you an excerpt of what vC said about yesterday's game.He even said himself he played a bad game...

When SM benches VC it's for a reason.Either cause the 2nd unit was just playing great(Utah game),foul trouble(yesterday),or lack of Defense,intensity and jacking shots versus driving the lane...

I can understand for non-Raptors fans wanna see VC go 9-30 for 27 PPG,but that got us nowhere the past 2 season's...I honestly could care less if VC goes for under 20 during the year.As long as CB4 develops and we are at 44-48 wins i'm happy.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 11-13-2004, 11:39 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball_1523

The reason Carter sat last night is cause he had 2 fouls in the first minute and a half. Also the reason Mitchell is benching Vince and Jalen is because they ain't driving to the net, they're just putting up shots.
Old 11-14-2004, 12:04 AM   #38
MVP

bball_1523's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by undisputed55
The reason Carter sat last night is cause he had 2 fouls in the first minute and a half. Also the reason Mitchell is benching Vince and Jalen is because they ain't driving to the net, they're just putting up shots.
how do you know mitchell benches both of them because of that?
Old 11-14-2004, 12:25 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

Tough loss tonight but a great attempt from murray
Old 11-14-2004, 12:30 AM   #40
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Huge comeback being down by 20pts and taking the lead with over a min left.

Nice to see the Raps never give up.

Rose was a beast in the 4th quarter. Rafer played well all night.

VC was benched for the whole 4th quarter.

Back to back games where the Raps lose in the last second.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »