Home

Official Toronto Raptors Thread

This is a discussion on Official Toronto Raptors Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2004, 08:55 AM   #1
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Official Toronto Raptors Thread

95-88 over Houston on opening night.

Looked pretty good. Woods impressed me last night on his play on Yao.

Bosh is the next Garnett. Book it!

Skip to my lou was great last night! Great pickup by the Raps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2004, 09:20 AM   #2
Jebby

OVR:
Re: Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Yeah the Raptors looked pretty good last night. They sure jumped out of the blocks early. If they can get 8 points and 5-6 boards a game from Loren Woods then they should be fine. He played well against Yao last night.

Old 11-04-2004, 09:36 AM   #3
MVP

bball_1523's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm surprised that the raptors even beat the rockets. T-mac only 2 pts in 2nd half? lol If Carter steps up this season, raptors are playoff potential!
Old 11-04-2004, 10:04 AM   #4
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

How many circus shots did Bosh hit last night? Everything was falling for that kid. Vince looked pretty good also. Speaking of Vince, what was the deal with the look he gave his teammates after they sunk the nail in the coffin shot at the end of the game? He was looking like he wanted the ball or something.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:09 AM   #5
Jebby

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Speaking of Vince, what was the deal with the look he gave his teammates after they sunk the nail in the coffin shot at the end of the game? He was looking like he wanted the ball or something.
Yeah I was wondering that too. it looked to me like he was waiting for Loren Woods to give him a high five and he didn't. It looked strange seeing Vince with his hand stretched out all that time.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2004, 12:11 PM   #6
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

I already made a Raptors thread with my thoughts on it,but sicne peeps are posting here,i'll just post the thoughts i had in the other thread...

11/03/04
There is reason for optimism in Raptor land.It was only one game but I sw so many different things compard to last year..Seems like Sam Mitchell is really stressing ball movement and sharing the basketball.They had 21+ assist vs the rockets tonight.Alston was great pushing the ball up and setting tempo.VC didn't score mch but I believe he had something like 6 assists.

Bosh was fabulous hitting every mid range shot and he was aggressive which was great to see...Loren Woods was the brightest spot with great post D on Yao Ming.

Anyway it was just 1 game,but i'm lookign alot more optimistic after this game.If the raptors play this way the majority of the team,with this type of D(VC was great on T-mac tonight),they will be a 5-6 seed.

Speaking of Carter though,he must drive the lane more and go strong.His shot was money coming off screens but he keeps taking the fadeaways instead of driving to the hole going strong and getting to the line...Only one game again so Mitchell will hopefully work with VC on this.

11/04/04

Also,I think VC is becoming more of a catch and shoot guy as opposed to a guy who can create for himself...Most of his points came off catch and shoot mid range jump shots...Like I said beforem when he drives to the hoop,he doesn't go strong,instead he tries to kick out,which isn't bad,but VC needs to be more adsertive and aggresive...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 11-04-2004, 12:14 PM   #7
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
How many circus shots did Bosh hit last night? Everything was falling for that kid.
Bosh has legitimate 3 pt range though..He can hit those shots with great consistency...If he ever develops a turnaround J,we may be looking at the next KG,but he must improve his defense cause MoTay was owning him preety bad.We need rebounding from bosh and he has to improve his back to the basket game,but the future looks bright for him.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 11-04-2004, 03:00 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

ive been a diehard raptors fan as long as i have known basketball( a long time), BUT we CANNOT get too happy. anyone remember last year, the first few games, Vince was driving it in and scoring, and at one point, i think we were like 13-8, then Vince started to get lazy and settle for jumpers, and we all know how the year ended...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »