Home

*~*~*~Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread~*~*~*

This is a discussion on *~*~*~Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread~*~*~* within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2004, 03:07 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: *~*~*~Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread~*~*~*

yea well im sure other teams have crappy players

so i guess lakers could trade those guys for the other teams' crappy players

i duno i just dont like those guys, and the pgs for the lakers make me want to cry, even though atkins had a few good games, hes not consistent, neither is brown

like not saying this would happen but say some team that has a log jam somewhere or for some reason the coach doesn't play the player a lot (kinda like dalembert's situation, even though hes injured, even though 76ers probably wouldn't trade him the guys i say should be traded on the lakers) then lakers are getting some other team's player that is relatively a scrub, but to the lakers they would get lots of playing time and the other team needs like a guard or small forward or something and then the traded players shiiine kinda liek chris mihm (playing better than past years i guess..at least) and everyone's happy
Old 11-12-2004, 08:50 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 4

Man, the lakers need to play DEFENSE and REBOUND. It's as simple as that.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:54 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 5

whats going on in that game the lakers were up by like 20+ plus and now are down by 10 amazing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2004, 09:17 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 4

You can't give up 120points and expect to win. The offense is fine. But the Lakers need to get on the same page defensively and pick up the intensity!
Old 11-12-2004, 09:21 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall750
You can't give up 120points and expect to win. The offense is fine. But the Lakers need to get on the same page defensively and pick up the intensity!

122-113
Old 11-12-2004, 09:40 PM   #38
Pro

man i just cant stand wtaching the lakers

they're heads look like those freaking pez dispensers everytime a shot goes up

they just all turn and look for the most part (except for liek mihm/grant)

they should be all freaking actively boxing out their player, instead you see guys flying through the lane getting a rebounded and putting up lay ups

they're offense is fine, 113 points or watever, but the defense is so ugly

they need to like grow brains too or read scouting reports, even after garrity starts torching them, they KEEP ON LEAVING HIM OPEN so they can keep on getting torched
Old 11-12-2004, 09:50 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 13

We just have to be patient and wait until we hit our stride. If Malone comes back, that would be great. Even when Divac comes back, it will benefit us greatly.

With Divac starting, Mihm would be our back up center, allowing Grant to start at Power Forward, with Slava as our back-up. That allows Lamar to start at SF, and Caron as our super-sub. That will REALLY help rebounding and defense.

Old 11-13-2004, 01:29 AM   #40
Pro

yea i hope so...but the lakers, yea they're a new team, but a lot of their mistakes are inexcusable, but their mistakes make them seem like they've never played bball before or something or like they aren't thinking or they aren't focused or something, yea i know its early in the season, but its just annoying to see spurts where they play great (1st period against magic...) then they just crumble and fall apart, particularly when starters get into foul trouble or rudy goes and decides to rest some starters

and people should view the lakers with the idea that malone is NOT going to return, its nothing sure, malone just said IF he returns, big IF, then it'll be with the lakers, but the fact is, no one is sure if he's going to return, why should he return to help a rebuilding team in disarray with little chance of winning the finals this year (so far...as it looks...)

it doesn't help either that rush is pouting around now that his extension isn't picked up, jumaine jones is injured, and all this early foul trouble forcing rudy to put some starters in the bench

and i hate brian cook, yea he HAD a nice jump shot, but besides memphis' game his shot has sucked and his other aspects of the game suck too (yea some nice defensive plays today, but thing is..he blocks the shot..then as if the lakers has the ball he relaxes and then the other guy gets the ball and scores..defensive eeffort for nothing, and some rebounds..but i duno his bball IQ seems freaking low, and makes dumb turnovers)

i duno, the lakers just can't put together consistent good basketball, perhaps divac coming back can help a lot cause he's a vet, can tell the younger players to do things and what not based on experience, bring some stability, and another big body that teams have to get by to get rebounds

Last edited by fobbybobby23; 11-13-2004 at 01:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »