Home

Official SacTown Kings Thread

This is a discussion on Official SacTown Kings Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2005, 01:02 AM   #9
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Official SacTown Kings Thread

Another good game from the Kings, completing a home-at-home sweep of the Clippers. Webber once again led the way and provided the assist for Mobley's dagger 3. Bibby and Stojakovic were solid as usual though Brad didn't have a good offensive game, he provided good defense.

Mobley is fitting in well so far. He's not hogging the ball and had 4 assists. The trade is looking really good for us, we got younger and he's a great locker-room presence. Now if we can only solidify our bench, we'd be set for another run at the title.

@nicroni
Old 01-18-2005, 01:17 AM   #10
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24

I love Mobley in Sacramento. I liked him before and always thought he was better than Steve, but he's been playing good in Sacramento. If he continues to shoot that hight 3 point percentage and still drive to the hoop, continue to play solid defense he'll be alright.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:48 AM   #11
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

Another close win. Again, Webber came up big for 32/13/6 and a bonus 4 steals. Mobley's playing like he's been there all year for 20/4/6. Evans, the new spark-plug off the bench played solid for 12pts & 5rebs. Bibby had a solid night, racking up 9 assists. What can I say, we're winning so I'm happy. I'd like to see them win a game convincingly though. These past few games should've been a no-contest for them but I'm proven otherwise.

Keep on rolling....

@nicroni
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2005, 12:54 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 5

good win tonight for sacramento despite the pathetic rebounding. But anyone who doesn't think C-Webb is still the kings go to guy and a top 5 PF in the league is crazy. He is getting better as the year goes along, I am glad he is taking and making those big shots. Is it just me, or do the kings all of a sudden have a good bench?
Old 01-19-2005, 12:58 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

Peja's streak of 10 or more points in a game is stopped tonight at 134, but managed the win with nice games from the rest of the team
Old 01-19-2005, 01:02 AM   #14
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailStone
good win tonight for sacramento despite the pathetic rebounding. But anyone who doesn't think C-Webb is still the kings go to guy and a top 5 PF in the league is crazy. He is getting better as the year goes along, I am glad he is taking and making those big shots. Is it just me, or do the kings all of a sudden have a good bench?
Possibly but nowhere near what they had 2-3 years ago. If B-Jax wasn't injured, he'd surely take some of the pressure off the starters. If they can get another guy to go along with Jackson, Evans, Songaila, and (sometimes) Martin, they'll be set.

@nicroni
Old 01-19-2005, 01:07 AM   #15
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24

Is Martin any goood? He's from Western Carolina and I've only seen him in the pre-season and a few times on ESPN or TNT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2005, 01:11 AM   #16
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdAnswer
Is Martin any goood? He's from Western Carolina and I've only seen him in the pre-season and a few times on ESPN or TNT.
Yep. He's long and athletic. He has hops and can shoot quite well. He was/is being groomed as Christie's replacement. Shining moment for him so far is when he ran a fastbreak against the Spurs and as Brent Barry was picking him up, he did a behind-the-back pass between Barry's legs to Songaila for 2. In spot minutes, he produces quite well. Not bad for a 28th(?) pick.

@nicroni

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »