Home

***Official Cleveland Cavaliers Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Cleveland Cavaliers Thread*** within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2009, 02:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
***Official Cleveland Cavaliers Thread***

Could this be the year, Cleveland? Will Shaq be the missing link? Can Mo Williams and Delonte West continue to improve and be the backcourt that LBJ and this team needs to contend? Will LeBron be happy enough with the direction of this team and ink that new contract? Discuss all things Cav's related here for the upcoming season.

Key Additions: Shaquille O'Neal, Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon, Leon Powe.

Key Losses: Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic

Injuries: Leon Powe (Out until around All-Star Break).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 03:44 AM   #2
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: ***Official Cleveland Cavaliers Thread***

I'm not getting excited until the All-Star break when we have the whole team ready. I think the Leon Powe signing was brilliant and will help a ton once the playoffs roll around. I feel that we're definitely improved over last year, its just a matter of hoping we improved enough
Old 10-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

If Powe comes up healthy...this team SHOULD just roll to the ECF similar to last year.

Honestly, there really isn't a glaring hole in this team. Combine that with hunger for a title and this should be the year. But, it is Cleveland, so who the hell knows.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #4
Rookie

Has anybody heard anything on the "Wine & Gold Scrimmage" that happened yesterday? I know that D. West didn't play, but that was because Coach Brown excused him to just go work out on his own at their practice facility, I believe.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
If Powe comes up healthy...this team SHOULD just roll to the ECF similar to last year.

Honestly, there really isn't a glaring hole in this team. Combine that with hunger for a title and this should be the year. But, it is Cleveland, so who the hell knows.
I agree with both of ya'll! If Powe can come back 100% (or near) around the All-Star Break, I do belive that we will have gotten a steal. The dude is solid and plays with a lot of heart. This team looks amazing on paper.

Now let's see what they can do together on the court. I definetly see another 60+ win season, but only if we can stay relatively healthy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 01:20 AM   #6
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpton23
Has anybody heard anything on the "Wine & Gold Scrimmage" that happened yesterday? I know that D. West didn't play, but that was because Coach Brown excused him to just go work out on his own at their practice facility, I believe.
Shaq apparently dominated and LBJ didn't look the greatest, working on the blocks a lot. Seen some videos and it looks like Parker and Moon were playing really well too.

On a side note, I really think Jamario Moon may have been our best signing this offseason. That guy is going to provide some serious production.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Shaq apparently dominated and LBJ didn't look the greatest, working on the blocks a lot. Seen some videos and it looks like Parker and Moon were playing really well too.

On a side note, I really think Jamario Moon may have been our best signing this offseason. That guy is going to provide some serious production.
True. Moon is crazy athletic. Slide LBJ to the 4 at times and have a quick lineup of Varejao, LBJ, Moon, West and Mo. Sick! Parker is a lights out shooter, and if we get a healthy and productive Boobie, we could potentially have 4-5 serious outside threat for LeBron (West, Williams, Parker, Gibson, Moon (when he is on).

Don't forget that Z can pop out and help spread the floor for certain situations as well. It's going to be a fun and interesting year. I heard Shaq is in phenomenal shape as well. Dude is determined.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #8
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Moon looked GREAT yesterday. I really like his length and defensive ability. He's also a better passer than I anticipated. His offense may come and go, but he's going to be a tremendous defender in this system. He also played alot of minutes at the two. Parker was Parker...gives us a Rip Hamilton type of guy we've never had and played solid defensively. I didn't know he was so active off the ball.

Delonte didn't play in the scrimmage, nor the first preseason game, and was out of practice today. Something serious seems to be going on with that kid. He looks like he lost alot of weight. Looks downright scrawny...

Bron worked out with J.J. Hickson this summer and you can really see the difference. Can't get excited after just one preseason game, but the kid at least looked confident. Hit a 20 footer and nice Sheed-esque turnaround, and also made some tough buckets inside. Seems like JJ is Bron and Shaq's pet project.

Shaq's saw 4 PnR's thrown at him. He showed on the first (which looks hilarious...hes a brick wall on the other side of the screen, lol) but he didnt recover at all and gave up a short jumper to the cutter. Looks like the Cavs are prepared for this as Andy did step up, but when Shaq shows, good teams will be able to find open shots on the weakside while we scramble to cover. On the next two, Shaq didn't show at all, and the ballhandler came off clean screens and took two uncontested 18 footers. The Cats missed both, but this was troubling. The 4th time, Shaq showed, but again didn't recover and the cutter was again alone...but CHA couldn't connect on it..

Botttom line, the Cavs cannot defend the PnR the way they did last season with Shaq in the game. Their perimeter is going to be deadly with a defensive lineup of Moon, West and Bron backed by JJ and Andy, but Shaq hurts them defensively as expected. Hopefully the ton of things he brings to the offense will make up for it and more. He and Andy were very effective together on the inside since they both have great hands, and found each other in traffic several times. Shaq is going to be HUGE in the offense. You just can't give too much attention to both he and LeBron. You can already see it, lol.

Z looks great, and should BEAST backup centers around the league. He's in great shape, and looks very active.

GO CAVS!

Last edited by HMcCoy; 10-07-2009 at 09:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »