Home

The 2013 New York Knicks: Do or Die Time, No More Excuses!

This is a discussion on The 2013 New York Knicks: Do or Die Time, No More Excuses! within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #401
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
They will resign JR and it will set the franchise back. That's my feelings on it.

Everyone says they need another scorer. They have scorers. They just aren't being utilized.

Shumpert should be the second option. He's actually consistent. He plays defense. Doesn't do stupid crap.

And yet, JR is treated like royalty.

It starts at the top. That's the issue.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #402
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: The 2013 New York Knicks: Do or Die Time, No More Excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
It starts at the top. That's the issue.
Hasn't that always been the case with this franchise?

And bigeast is right. Knicks need nasty.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #403
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

I want JR back but I want him used like a real 6th man, not a starter off the bench, not a guy who is always going to be on the court in crunch time no matter what. Time for Shumpert to be the guy at SG.

I'm concerned about Tyson. Outside of that one stretch where he was grabbing 20 boards a night, he wasn't the same guy this year, and he was awful in the playoffs. Maybe he's just starting to lose it. And STAT just can't be counted on to stay on the court. It was a major gamble when we signed him and we lost, and now we're stuck. I think we have a good shot at winning the division again and winning a playoff series but looks like that's the ceiling with this group unless we catch some breaks.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #404
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

My draft wish list-

1. Gorgui Dieng
2. Tony Mitchell
3. Tony Snell
4. Isaiah Canaan

Mind you, because of the CBA we can't buy a 2nd round pick this year.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #405
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
I want JR back but I want him used like a real 6th man, not a starter off the bench, not a guy who is always going to be on the court in crunch time no matter what. Time for Shumpert to be the guy at SG.
J.R. Smith will opt for free agency, as we knew he would. Interesting to see if another team gives him an offer he can't refuse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #406
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffx
J.R. Smith will opt for free agency, as we knew he would. Interesting to see if another team gives him an offer he can't refuse.
I hope.

"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 06-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #407
MVP

From Frank Isola in today's Daily News;

Knicks draft picks seldom stick
For whatever reason — poor selections and an impatient front office — the Knicks, who have the No. 24 pick, don’t draft well.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1383677
Old 06-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #408
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Huh?

Gallo. Shumpert. Nene. Chandler. Lee.

Sure there are misses but each of those have been reliable players, if not All-Stars.

But Isola is pretty awful. Always with the shock writing at the News.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »