Home

Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

This is a discussion on Official San Antonio Spurs Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

C'mon guys, I know we have a few Spurs fans on here, so let's get a thread going!

I think I'm going to finally get NBA League Pass after depriving myself of it for so long, so I'll be able to finally see pretty much every game. I have no idea why I didn't get it sooner.

That was a really nice win over the Pacers last night and Timmy and Manu played very nicely. It was nice to see how dominate they both were. Tony struggled with his shooting a bit, but overall he still did fine.

Does anyone know why the Spurs signed Austin Croshere to a 10 day contract? What was the point of that? And do you think he will get resigned thereafter? I saw him play a bit in mopup duty against the Pacers and he didn't exactly impress me, missing all three shots from the field. We'll see, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

I was going to start one of these lol
As far as Austin, He looked bad last night.....

I guess they signed him for size, but if anyone, why him?
Old 01-21-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I was going to start one of these lol
As far as Austin, He looked bad last night.....

I guess they signed him for size, but if anyone, why him?
I have no idea. We already have a big who can shoot the ball in Bonner and we got Thomas and Oberto backing him up.

The center position has always been rather unsettled ever since David Robinson retired, but the Spurs have still managed two championships in five years without him, so it's not killing the team or anything. I must admit, though, that Bonner is filling the role quite well. He's not a dominating big man and isn't a great rebounder, but he hustles and makes some pretty big shots when he's on. A lot of times we have three three-point shooters out there, so it's really hard to double-team Timmy down low since someone's bound to be open on the perimeter if you do that. And then Tony can nail the mid-range J if he's open, so having another shooter in the lineup really opens up things. At least we have someone who can score at center now because Oberto is pretty terrible on offense and Thomas isn't too good either, though he can nail the open mid-range jumper.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:37 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Oberto had regressed soooooo much...he was never a force, but he was never this bad....

I dont see any big man signings in the future....whos left?
HOPEFULLY we make some noise deadline time.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
Rookie

gez20's Arena

OVR: 8

I think you nailed it as far as why they signed Croshere, superjames. Just having an extra guy out there who can shoot three's helps with spacing for the big three.

I've noticed in the past few years the Spurs tried to achieve four shooters around TD by playing small ball. But that had them getting pummeled on the boards so this is where guys like Croshere and Bonner can help.

Plus against the Lakers it should help with keeping one of Gasol/Bynum from clogging the paint.

Basically I guess he's around as Bonner insurance/Tolliver replacement. Too bad for him he's shooting as bad as Tolliver did.

I agree with you 24th about making a move. Thing is it looks like they're gearing themselves up for a run at the 2010 FA class so taking on a big/long contract might not be something they're willing to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #6
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

LOL you guys watching the game?
we like making it hard dont we?
Old 01-23-2009, 11:05 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
LOL you guys watching the game?
we like making it hard dont we?
Apparently, LOL. Manu even had to dribble it off his foot at the end, but luckily there was only 0.2 seconds left.

A win is a win, but Manu struggled most of the night and Tony had a bad first half, but had a great third quarter. Timmy was great, though, and that was the difference.

I hate that the Spurs struggled like that at home to sub-.500 New Jersey when they have the Lakers in Los Angeles this Sunday afternoon.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:04 PM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

man if we dont make a move at deadline we might as well expect a 1st-2nd round exit

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »