Home

One Shining Moment

This is a discussion on One Shining Moment within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2009, 07:43 AM   #17
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: One Shining Moment

One Shining moment was in March Madness 06.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Yeah, it would be cool. A few years ago I tried to make such a video:

from Cardot on Vimeo.
Awesome. I loved the ESPN Presentation in ESPN 2k4 and 2k5. Those and ESPN NFL 2k5 are the best presentation games ever, thought it looks like NCAA 10 will surpass them.

The amazing ESPN presentation in ESPN 2k4 keeps me playing the game from time-to-time to this day. I just feel so into that game and hearing Mike Patrick and Jay Bilas' voice along with ESPN overlays, the band playing their fight songs, and actually seeing cutscenes of the crowds makes the game seem like a real broadcast. Unfortunately, the gameplay just doesn't cut it anymore to make it superior to CH 2k8 and the graphics are obviously not good anymore, but that is still my favorite game of all-time, and pretty much the sole reason is presentation.

Presentation is VERY important to me, and if done correctly, it can make a game with just average gameplay great. Presentation makes the game seem real and that, as we all no, is the goal of any videogame.

ESPN College Hoops 2k4 is backwards compatable, so even if and when my Xbox dies, I can still pop it in periodically.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:24 PM   #19
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Presentation is VERY important to me, and if done correctly, it can make a game with just average gameplay great. Presentation makes the game seem real and that, as we all no, is the goal of any videogame.
I agree with you 100%. I know that the cool thing to say on OS is that "Gameplay is the only thing that matters". But like you, I am willing to forgive some gameplay flaws if presentation and emersion are great.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #20
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I would love what you're talking about, but I assume we have the same save replay ability that Live has so making your own video is going to be easy to do.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:17 PM   #21
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Yeah, with EASW's new mashup thing you can do, I'm sure anyone could do it. Plus its easy to make your own highlights and then add music to em in movie maker or something
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #22
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

This song is overrated as hell. It's sounds like a slow love song. Definitely not what I was expecting a tournament-wrap up song to sound like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »