Home

XBOX 360 Roster Transfer FAQ

This is a discussion on XBOX 360 Roster Transfer FAQ within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2018, 07:06 AM   #97
MVP

pinbw's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: XBOX 360 Roster Transfer FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by topskrizzles
I have the exact same problem. It seems to let me save to the USB flash drive, but doesn't show the roster files in Modio 3 or Explorer. But i can definitely load them in the XBOX off the flash drive. Not sure what i am doing wrong that keeps me from seeing in modio...
First make sure you are browsing file in the correct directory (you probably are )
Content folder> E00000xx>454109B6>0000xx.>

Not sure if it's a Windows setting you have to adjust, like seeing hidden files or running modio as an administrator.
Also Most of my computer's are still running on Windows 7 and I can do this easily.
Not sure if it is a Win 10 related setting (if you are running Win10 or Win8.)

I'm just guessing...Sometimes modio doesn't act right with different Windows pcs.
And I prefer modio 3 vs modio 5 since the older interface seems easier to follow.
It may also be USB flash drive compatibility. I use an old HP 4gb flash drive from 2010; so I wonder if some newer or larger size flash drives don't work properly in the Xbox or with PC modio..(unsure since it should work if Xbox360 is formatting the flash drive.).
--------------
update: I also found some general video info that might help on How to Use Modio 3 here (at 3 minute mark)>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONS3mlCXFo
(Except you open the Roster File but not the Dynasty edit file like in the video.)
This guy also mentioned he is using a very old small 256mb USB flash drive, so it may be a requirement for transfers to use an older drive.
-RegularCat just found out the file save name and File contents name should be the same thing letter by letter caps sensitive.So I may have to make simpler roster save names from now on the forum.

Last edited by pinbw; 08-18-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:40 AM   #98
Just started!

I have tried to get the offline file to download to the 360 via Modio 3.0. Every single time I have done it I have gotten a message that says file is damaged and cannot be used or file is corrupted. I have followed the instructions to a T and still nothing. Always damaged or corrupted. USB has been formatted. Files have been extracted properly. Filed has been replaced. I hear the beep sound. Get it transferred back to the XBox then nothing. Any ideas or advice? Thanks
Old 07-27-2018, 05:19 PM   #99
MVP

pinbw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by munfordgunner
I have tried to get the offline file to download to the 360 via Modio 3.0. Every single time I have done it I have gotten a message that says file is damaged and cannot be used or file is corrupted. I have followed the instructions to a T and still nothing. Always damaged or corrupted. USB has been formatted. Files have been extracted properly. Filed has been replaced. I hear the beep sound. Get it transferred back to the XBox then nothing. Any ideas or advice? Thanks
I had problems with some of my own past Conversions of Dericksun based vikesfan conversions , so I know it can be frustrating. So recently I started over & made my own base conversion. It should work with both Method 1 or 2. But I've always done it with Method 2 1.36mb file contents. But it requires you to first create a roster file on your own xbox and move that file to a flash drive (Then the file contents can be replaced with the new one from zip file) using Modio 3. This method usually works because you don't have to rehash and Resign and set your own profile & Device ID number; those things are already setup by your console's save file which you moved to a flash drive.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:45 AM   #100
Just started!

Hey I downloaded OutRunFire rosters about a month ago and had a lot of the major teams rosters updated. How much more is completed as of August 3?
Old 08-16-2018, 11:46 AM   #101
Rookie

DaUalldayx3's Arena

having similar issues. followed ur steps 100%. Everytime i try to load the file in game it says it is damaged. Im using the vikesfan download file.. Is there any alternative offline file? Frustrating that I cant get the rosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2018, 01:04 PM   #102
Rookie

Using Modio 5.3 I still cannot get this to recognize in game.

1. Swapped a WR with another WR in the depth chart.
2. Saved roster as ROSTERMOD, full save name ROSTER-ROSTERMOD
3. Copied to USB and inserted into PC (Explorer launched window of drive, only name text visible)
4. Open Modio 5.3, Open Save File, USB Storage Device, Load NCAA 13 file
5. Click Advanced, Edit Package Contents, renamed ROSTER-NCAA1718VIKESFAN11517 to ROSTER-ROSTERMOD and right clicked, Add File
and overwrite and Saved.
6.Put USB into 360 and copied to HDD.
7.Launch NCAA 13 and no corrupt data but no changes in data either after loading and loading the rosters manually

What is the deal, it shouldn't be this hard. I wish we just had the roster in the container file to Rehash and Resign.

Last edited by regularcat; 08-18-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:21 PM   #103
Rookie

Sorry for the double post but this may be helpful to others.

I finally got it to work and will give you simple instructions step by step.

I did it with Xbox360 NCAA 13-NCAA1718VIKESFAN 11-5-17 + CFPlayoff Poll
roster for NCAA 13 but it works the same way.

Using Modio 5.3.

1. Launch your game and in Team Management/Depth Chart swap two players
at the same position then back out and let the game Auto-Save.

2. Head to Settings/File Management and save the roster and title it the same name as the roster file you will import, letter for letter, caps sensitive.

3. At the 360 Dashboard head over to Settings/System/Storage/Hard Drive/Games and Apps/NCAA Football 14 and copy your roster file to USB.

4. Insert the USB into your PC and launch Modio 5.3 as Administrator and
Open A Save, select USB Drive then select NCAA 14 then the roster file.

5. Under the General tab you will click on Advanced then click the box titled
Edit Package Contents, in the large box right click and select Add File then
select your downloaded roster of the same name and overwrite, click Done and then Save Changes.

6. Insert your USB stick into the 360 and head over to Settings/System/Storage/USB/Games and Apps/NCAA 14 Football 14 and copy the roster file to your 360 HDD and launch your game.

Last edited by regularcat; 08-18-2018 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-21-2018, 12:00 AM   #104
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by munfordgunner
is the file 1.36MB or 1.44MB when you replace? it has to be the 1.36 version, which is the extracted roster portion. I made the same mistake

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »