Home

NCAA 2004 Football Rosters - PS2 - blacklover

This is a discussion on NCAA 2004 Football Rosters - PS2 - blacklover within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2003, 03:10 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: blacklover\'s NCAA 2004 Football Rosters (PS2)

Hey Fossen-

I went out and bought an X-Port at Best Buy, installed the software and got the exact same error I was before. Think my PS2 USB port is bad. It seems like it recognizes my USB device but once I go transfer the file to my memory card (the status gets to the last bar), I get the USB connection error to the ps2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2003, 04:27 PM   #42
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
hooder18 said:
Hey Fossen-

I went out and bought an X-Port at Best Buy, installed the software and got the exact same error I was before. Think my PS2 USB port is bad. It seems like it recognizes my USB device but once I go transfer the file to my memory card (the status gets to the last bar), I get the USB connection error to the ps2

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">
This will sound stupid, but:

There are two USB ports on the PS2. have you tried it in both?
Old 07-18-2003, 05:57 PM   #43
Rookie

I finally got it to work. The last few years I was not using a tv when I transferred the file because I do not have a tv in my office and I was told I never needed one. But I decided to hook it up and noticed that I was getting a disc read error, finally got it to read it, so now I am happy. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2003, 07:56 PM   #44
Rookie

Just bought a sharkport from Toys R Us. I can't tell whether its the right version. Don't really wanna open it cuz I won't be able to get my money back. Should it say SharkPort2 on the front? It says Sharkport Code &amp; Transfer Kit.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:25 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am really having troubles. What I am supossed to tell it to save to? I tried to download the file from the site a few times, but dont know where to save it so that it goes to my X-port so I can transfer it over. I have spent over 2 hours trying to do this! I am basically lost on the setup process as a whole. If anybody could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2003, 09:41 PM   #46
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7

tyson said:
I am really having troubles. What I am supossed to tell it to save to? I tried to download the file from the site a few times, but dont know where to save it so that it goes to my X-port so I can transfer it over. I have spent over 2 hours trying to do this! I am basically lost on the setup process as a whole. If anybody could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ok...doing this from memory. Make sure that driver for the X Port cable was installed. I had to do mine manually. To check, go to device manager and see if any USB type items show up in the list with an "!" in yellow over it. If so, double click on it and choose "install driver". Tell the computer to look on your CD/DVD drive and it should find the driver. OK...let's move on.

Download the roster file and save it wherever you want (I created a folder named X Port files). If it is in .zip format, you will need to unzip it using winzip or similar program. File needs to end up with .sps extension.

Assuming everything is working...make sure you click on the "saves" tab (not the "cheats" tab) on your pc software. Once you are on the "saves" sheet, choose "import save". You will then have to navigate to wherever you saved the file. Once you find the file in the "windows" screen, double click it. Then, click on the file name on the right hand side of the XPort interface screen (can't remember how it shows up...not sure if it references blklvr or not...but it definitely should say something about NCAA roster file). Then click on "restore save". It should then show (on your pc monitor) a transfer being done. Should be good to go.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:05 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

I tried to set up a seperate folder, but whenever I navigate through to "import save", it tells me that it is not suitable for the PS2. I suspect that I am not unzipping the file, but I dont really know how to do that anyway. Thanks for the help you have given me so far though!

Wait...I just figured it out. thanks for all of your help!
Old 07-18-2003, 11:17 PM   #48
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

eugreene2 said:
Just bought a sharkport from Toys R Us. I can't tell whether its the right version. Don't really wanna open it cuz I won't be able to get my money back. Should it say SharkPort2 on the front? It says Sharkport Code &amp; Transfer Kit.

You should be fine. That's what mine says and I just bought it last weekend. And a few minutes ago I put in Blacklover's rosters and they are great! Thanks blacklover!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »