Home

Bama defensive ratings, any advice?

This is a discussion on Bama defensive ratings, any advice? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 10:59 PM   #17
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Bama defensive ratings, any advice?

Here's what I'm doing with Bama's roster. Again this is just to make my offline dynasty (with them) more competitive/fun so, please don't bite my head off.

1. QB- Fresh. (RS) AJ McCarron from 86 to 83.
2. LE- SR. L.Davis: 94 to 92.
3. LE- SOPH. (RS) D.Square: 90 to 86
4. RE- Fresh (RS) D.Sentimore: 88 to 84
5. DT- JR. (RS) J.Chapman: 95 to 92
6. DT- SOPH- K.Murphy: 90 to 88
7. LOLB- Jr- J.Harris: 95 to 90
8. MLB- SOPH- N.Johnson: 95 to 91
9. CB- SOPH- D.Kilpatrick: 95 to 89
10. FS- JR.- R.Green: 94 to 91

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-16-2010, 04:25 AM   #18
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

I noticed this right away, too.
Bama has 13 DEFENDERS rated 90 or higher...its just nuts.

Keep guys like Dareus, Hightower, and Barron up there...they've acutally earned it.

The other guys, lower their awareness ratings mostly....I'm sure they have all the physical attributes and ability in the world...but that lack of experience is going to be their hindrance, at least early in the season.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:35 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

ok im not a bama fan... but do u guys really think u r going to win 4 straight national championships? 5 when u include 2009...

ok seriously i just simmed 4 seasons and didnt lose a single game... closest game was 31-13 NC against Boise year 4... I didnt even recruit kids...

when doing these rosters u have to think... is bama really that dominate? sorry but NO is the correct choice...

so u have to decide... do players ratings need to go up for the other 119 teams or does bamas need to come down a touch... well perfect way to decide is... sim 5 seasons with a nobody team... then go look at the major schools rosters... what do they look like going into year 6 after ALL originals are finished...

trust me it looks NOTHING like bamas LOL...
but use that for a standard starting point...

sure keep a couple of guys rated high but really 95 str for ingram?
McCarron is not a upper 80's guy... a 81 might be too high... but seems fair

Sims might even need to gain a couple

trent probably needs to come down to a 87-89
Lacy 83 or so...

Julio looks almost perfect
maze and hanks probably 88's but i wouldnt worry too much about them

Carpenter 92-93
Kouandijo 81 with 86-89 str

Barrett Jones 87-88

Fluker 87
McCullough 87

Luter Davis lol 88 spd 93 str? really...maybe 78 88
Square 87 - 88
Dareus 91 str decrease
Sentimore 84 77spd 86 str
hubbard 78 and increase str to 83-85

Chapman 93
Murphy 88-89
Ivory 74 with a small str increase

Jerrell Harris 92 80 spd 86 str

Nico Johnson 89 86 spd 80 str small increase in acc
Hightower would be closer to a 94, 85spd, 86str
Tana Patrick 84 82 str
CJ Mosley 78 87 spd 85 acc

Upshaw 90 78 spd 88 str
Petey Smith would get a bump to about 76-77 no speed increase maybe 88 acc

Dre kirkpatrick 87 mostly awr drop and small coverage and tackle drops...

Milliner 80 and small awr drop
fulton 76

Neighbors and Woodson 87

Barron 92
Old 07-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

OK, quick notes about the nitpicking of stats.

About Ingram's 'strength' rating (couple people mentioned it actually) - it depends what you consider to be video game strength. Is it attempting to transfer actuall weightroom prowess? if so, Chapman HAS to be a 99. The fool benches 500lb. Or better, do you think the 'STR' stat has to do with on the field translation. You telling me Mark Ingram cant move a pile? You telling me when he gets stood up by a defender, that he falls backwards? Im not saying "break tackles" shake and bake. Im talking about moving the pile. While he isnt a huge bulldozer, the man is much like a bowling ball. I would say Ingram is as good as any RB in the country and when you look at it that way. As such, the 95 STR, relative to RBs, is not that crazy.

Also, altering Petey Smith and Wes Nieghbors is rediculous as they werent in the game to begin with. Someone added them (prolly replacing Robbie Green and Star Jackson) so to edit someone's 'edit' is reaaaally just splitting hairs.

Dropping AJ McCarron is weak too. The man out performed Star Jackson hands down by the end of his true freshman year. Look at star jackson's ratings from last year and this year, then acknowledge that AJ blew him out of the water. Tell me how AJ deserves a drop?

When did it start turning to nit picking across the board? This thread started off about the defense anyways. Which ive officially given up defending. dropping awareness on these guys makes sense. Dropping physcial skills is pretty weak as THAT is teh one thing that is undeniable. Guys wanna blast inexperiance, drop awareness and let this conversation die.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #21
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25

If I remember right seems like I remember hearing that Chapman was the strongest player on the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #22
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
ok im not a bama fan... but do u guys really think u r going to win 4 straight national championships? 5 when u include 2009...
I don't remember reading where any Alabama fans have been saying all these players should be rated in the 90's. EA Sports decided that. I agree that some of the players ratings should be dropped a little, but I know based on what Nick Saban has accomplished at Alabama some of these so called unproven guys are going to play great football this season. Saban, and his staff excel at player development.

I'll add that I think your ratings of the players you rated look pretty good.

Last edited by Coach Bryant; 07-16-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:12 AM   #23
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

[quote=bigbisont;2041329737]OK, quick notes about the nitpicking of stats.

About Ingram's 'strength' rating (couple people mentioned it actually) - it depends what you consider to be video game strength. Is it attempting to transfer actuall weightroom prowess? if so, Chapman HAS to be a 99. The fool benches 500lb. Or better, do you think the 'STR' stat has to do with on the field translation. You telling me Mark Ingram cant move a pile? You telling me when he gets stood up by a defender, that he falls backwards? Im not saying "break tackles" shake and bake. Im talking about moving the pile. While he isnt a huge bulldozer, the man is much like a bowling ball. I would say Ingram is as good as any RB in the country and when you look at it that way. As such, the 95 STR, relative to RBs, is not that crazy.

Strength isn't relative just to other RBs....breaking tackles has its own rating, as does "trucking". Ingram's strength rating is absurd because no other RB is within 10 points of his, and his is higher than dozens of 300 lb linemen. It's just wrong.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
Strength isn't relative just to other RBs....breaking tackles has its own rating, as does "trucking". Ingram's strength rating is absurd because no other RB is within 10 points of his, and his is higher than dozens of 300 lb linemen. It's just wrong.
First off, if you cant define how strength is even applied in play, how are you gonna say the rating is "just wrong"?.
- I specifically hypothosized "moving the pile" after a stalemate has occured when engaged with another player as to a possible strength translation. I didnt say strength was an impact move (trucking) or kept him running free (broken tackle)

-How do YOU think strength is applied in the game? It sure aint a bench press compitition at the 50 yard line!

Second of all, in my 'theory' does apply to all positions.
-In fact i makes perfect sense for engaged lineman.
- That said, the number of situations a RB finds himself in where strength becomes RELAVENT are totally different. So by default you have to think about the practicality of the event as it rates to RBs. And specifically, how many times do you see Ingram driven backwards, and on his back??? exactly...

I dont 'know' that im right. But it makes sense to me. I also know bitching about a stupid stat has taken up too much of my time!!! (my fault though...i guess i did instigate.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »