Home

Bama defensive ratings, any advice?

This is a discussion on Bama defensive ratings, any advice? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Bama defensive ratings, any advice?

Well I got Block-o roster (AWESOME) and tweaked bama's starters. I also looked on the team builder page because it shows last years alabama team with their ratings and oh WOW! There are a few instances where for example an agility rating went up over 30 points in one season.

I knew Dre for me was rated too high so after I redid his ratings he went from a 95 to a 90 overall. So overall Bama's defense went from a+ down to and A and probably should be around 90 overall. And we probably would be but I added in Ro McClain so he could play his sr season and I went off of EA ratings for him from last season.

Is there anyone who totally redoes the ratings each year for ps3? That seems like it would take about a month to do all the teams because:

There are about 43 ratings per player, 70 players per team, and 120 teams which equals changing 361,200 individual ratings.

If you only changed the most important ratings per player it is about 20 each so 168,000 total.

McClain doing what he does:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2041331887

Last edited by smoove7; 07-16-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #26
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove7
Well I got Block-o roster (AWESOME) and tweaked bama's starters. I also looked on the team builder page because it shows last years alabama team with their ratings and oh WOW! There are a few instances where for example an agility rating went up over 30 points in one season.

I knew Dre for me was rated too high so after I redid his ratings he went from a 95 to a 90 overall. So overall Bama's defense went from a+ down to and A and probably should be around 90 overall. And we probably would be but I added in Ro McClain so he could play his sr season and I went off of EA ratings for him from last season.

Is there anyone who totally redoes the ratings each year for ps3? That seems like it would take about a month to do all the teams because:

There are about 43 ratings per player, 70 players per team, and 120 teams which equals changing 361,200 individual ratings.

If you only changed the most important ratings per player it is about 20 each so 168,000 total.

McClain doing what he does:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2041331887
Thats cool that you added McClain to the roster. I sure am going to miss watching him play on Saturday this fall, but at least I'll be able to see him on Sunday. When I get my hands on Madden I'm going to start a franchise with the Ravens, and I'm going to make a trade for McClain!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:18 PM   #27
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Bryant
Thats cool that you added McClain to the roster. I sure am going to miss watching him play on Saturday this fall, but at least I'll be able to see him on Sunday. When I get my hands on Madden I'm going to start a franchise with the Ravens, and I'm going to make a trade for McClain!
The Ravens seem to like Alabama players, IRL too. Jarret Johnson, Leron McClain and Cody were all drafted by Baltimore. I'm sure Ozzie Newsome had a say in that.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #28
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

All I meant is that the game has specific ratings for "moving the pile" or not falling back....strength would be when a defender has Ingram tied up, which way do they fall, etc. Now, if it's a linebacker or DB with say, 80 strength, and Ingram has 83, then he'd fall forward or to the side some, and that makes perfect sense.

But, if a 300-lb DT with 94 strength ties up Ingram and is overpowered by him due to his 95 strength, that's totally absurd, and science will back that up. It's called physics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbisont
First off, if you cant define how strength is even applied in play, how are you gonna say the rating is "just wrong"?.
- I specifically hypothosized "moving the pile" after a stalemate has occured when engaged with another player as to a possible strength translation. I didnt say strength was an impact move (trucking) or kept him running free (broken tackle)

-How do YOU think strength is applied in the game? It sure aint a bench press compitition at the 50 yard line!

Second of all, in my 'theory' does apply to all positions.
-In fact i makes perfect sense for engaged lineman.
- That said, the number of situations a RB finds himself in where strength becomes RELAVENT are totally different. So by default you have to think about the practicality of the event as it rates to RBs. And specifically, how many times do you see Ingram driven backwards, and on his back??? exactly...

I dont 'know' that im right. But it makes sense to me. I also know bitching about a stupid stat has taken up too much of my time!!! (my fault though...i guess i did instigate.)
Old 07-18-2010, 02:18 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh3c
What? An SEC fan with a foot on reality? No way! Don't let that get out or you might be banned from rooting for the SEC!
I'm reporting this guy to the proper authorities as we speak!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 03:04 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

So using the chart I found here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d-ratings.html

I have converted many of the alabama players from the default rosters and oh wow! My highest rated guys now are 91 on speed overall. I got all the 40 times of each player from rivals.com and depending on what year in college they were went up maybe a 10th of a point at most.

So now we the team is A, A+, and A overall.

But this gets me to thinking how much of a difference are on all the teams and all the ratings if I have so much on just bama? I mean there were a few guys on bama's team that were 15 points higher than they should be in speed!! There were players who for example really run a 4.6 but the roster had them at like 92 speed which is like a 4.3, seeing this makes me not even want to bother with ratings for the other teams.

But overall the game is fun and the ratings are not perfect, I wish they were a lot closer to perfect than they are. And I believe once you play dynasty for 4 years so that you only have generated recruits on your team, the ratings are to low so its hard to win with ratings at times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »