Home

Miami Hurricane Roster

This is a discussion on Miami Hurricane Roster within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 07:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Miami Hurricane Roster

Heres the data on Storm: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/1...ning-back.html

Johnson, who played for Loganville (Ga.) High, was rated by Rivals.com as the seventh-best running back in the nation and No. 22 recruit regardless of position. But he is one of several highly regarded UM tailbacks. He said he was timed at 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash when he first arrived in Coral Gables, and described himself as ``a power, speed back. I'm balanced.''

Incidentally, ``Storm'' is Johnson's middle name. His first name: Westleigh.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #10
Rookie

Manny_Navarro #UM: Interesting move by the Canes, switching Lee Chambers from RB to DB. Guess that means Storm Johnson is ready
Old 08-16-2010, 08:11 PM   #11
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteXavier
Yeah i live in Florida and have friends in Miami so I keep up as much as i can. How bout we put it together here, position by position.
Yeah, I'm with that, the "U" is the only college team that needs they own thread. I think whipple son will be the back-up to jacory. Also I think Damien Berry will start and HB and his back-up will be mike james.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 10:52 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
Yeah, I'm with that, the "U" is the only college team that needs they own thread. I think whipple son will be the back-up to jacory. Also I think Damien Berry will start and HB and his back-up will be mike james.
Yeah i don't necessarily agree with that. whipple has a high Football IQ, he's going to be hugely helpful to the qb squad, but i think that Lamar Miller will backup Berry unless Cooper is ready which if you listen his comments he says he is.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #13
Rookie

elliottcarbone's Arena

OVR: 7

Here is my depth chart going into the season from what I have gathered:

QB Jacory/Highsmith
RB Berry/Miller/James
WR Hankerson/Benjamin/ AJ
TE Gordon/ Ford

As for the Oline and D I will get back to U later got to watch my show Weeds, season premiere. But personally I think the Oline with Franklin, Gunn, Seantrel, Linder, B Washington, Figs and Jermaine Johnson. We will better than last year as far as the o line is concerned....
NCAA BB: Miami Hurricanes
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

National Champions

1983, 1987, 1989, 1991, 2001

Old 08-16-2010, 11:21 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliottcarbone
Here is my depth chart going into the season from what I have gathered:

QB Jacory/Highsmith
RB Berry/Miller/James
WR Hankerson/Benjamin/ AJ
TE Gordon/ Ford

As for the Oline and D I will get back to U later got to watch my show Weeds, season premiere. But personally I think the Oline with Franklin, Gunn, Seantrel, Linder, B Washington, Figs and Jermaine Johnson. We will better than last year as far as the o line is concerned....
I agree with most of that. Cooper is still the X factor as well as Byrd at WR. Hankerson is a beast though.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:47 PM   #15
Rookie

i want to be able to create the best and truest dynasty hurricane team.

Do you think realistically Campbell, Jared or Hill, Ryan or Nelms, Cory will have any impact as Seniors this season?

If not, we could eliminate those 3 to add Freshmen, and Sophomores that were left off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 11:56 PM   #16
Rookie

Day 9: UM's Practice Report

Defensive Highlights
§ Defensive back Cory Nelms had a breakup in early 9-on-9 action.
§ Olivier Vernon had good rushes and a sack on quarterback Stephen Morris.
§ Adewale Ojomo had a tackle-for-loss in early 9-on-9 play.
§ Linebacker Sean Spence forced and recovered a fumble.
§ Along the defensive line, Curtis Porter and Micanor Regis had good surges through the offensive line.
§ Ramon Buchanan and Andrew Smith were filling holes from their linebacker positions. Buchanan had an interception in 7-on-7 action.
§ Kacy Rogers and Buchanan combined for a tackle-for-loss.
§ JoJo Nicolas stayed with a play late and stripped the ball downfield.
§ Olivier Vernon was covering outside runs well early-on.
§ The linebacker and defensive back units were attacking the ball after catches, forcing fumbles with strips.
§ Marcus Forston and Ojomo were good early-on with rushes on the quarterback, surging through the offensive line.
§ Curtis Porter and Regis had good bursts through the line for tackles in the backfield.
§ The defensive line had good rush defense against right side of the offensive line late in practice.

Offensive Highlights
§ In early 9-on-9 play, the quarterbacks were finding open receivers in a variety of areas. Alonzo Highsmith hooked up with Aldarius Johnson for a long pass play of more than 40 yards. Highsmith was accurate in 7-on-7 action, finding several receivers and running backs with his reads.
§ Running back Storm Johnson had several long runs in his time on the field, finding and reading his blocks in 9-on-9 action.
§ Storm Johnson also broke away from several tackles.
§ Running back Damien Berry had a long run early in practice.
§ The offensive line was pulling in 11-on-11 play, allowing many clean runs by the running backs.
§ Jacory Harris hooked up with Mike James across the middle for a long touchdown.
§ Wide receiver Tommy Streeter had a huge downfield block on Devont’a Davis.
§ Offensive linemen Seantrel Henderson and Jared Wheeler were good along the right side with good protection of the quarterbacks.
§ The offensive line versus defensive line battle between Wheeler (offense) and Marcus Robinson (defense) was great action in team plays towards the end of practice.
§ Redshirt freshman offensive lineman Jermaine Johnson held his position and gave quarterback Spencer Whipple great protection in his time on the gridiron.
§ LaRon Byrd and Brandon Washington combined with blocks on a reverse that allowed a long run for Kendal Thompkins.

http://miami.scout.com/2/992450.html

Last edited by InfiniteXavier; 08-16-2010 at 11:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »