Home

I dont think there is a roster glitch

This is a discussion on I dont think there is a roster glitch within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: I dont think there is a roster glitch

I really love the feel of this game....question yukon how do you get a balance RB to speed and a balance WR to poss it no big deal but tring to take care of it
Old 07-26-2011, 02:13 PM   #10
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
I really love the feel of this game....question yukon how do you get a balance RB to speed and a balance WR to poss it no big deal but tring to take care of it
I have found it hardest to get any of them to change from balanced to anything else....and I guess I am just happy when I get them to balanced

Old 07-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #11
MVP

Ok thanks bro..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #12
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

After reading every page of the roster glitch thread on Saturday I decided to do some testing of my own. I used D. Robinson as my test subject. I played 5 games on default AA, 6 minute qtr, with the cpu as Michigan and I used different levels of schools. I'm using a early version of Block-o's file.

Game 1: I was UGA, D-Rob was listed as "Balanced"
Passing: 13-25 228yds 1td 2ints 6 sacks
Rushing: 12atts for 36yds 0tds

Game 2: I was Miami, D-Rob was still listed as "Balanced"
Passing: 15-30 246yds 2tds 3ints 8 sacks
Rushing: 10atts for -20yds 0tds

Game 3: I was Penn St., I edited D-Rob to now become a "Scrambler", I upped his strength rating a few points to see the change.
Passing: 14-25 231yds 3tds 1int 2 sacks
Rushing: 16atts for 126yds 2tds

Game 4: I was Texas, D-Rob was still the same as game #3.
Passing: 12-30 194yds 1td 2ints 3 sacks
Rushing: 20atts for 98yds 1 td

Game 5: I was Indiana, D-Rob the same as game #3 & 4.
Passing: 20-33 289yds 4tds 1int 1 sack
Rushing: 22atts 134yds 3tds

In games 1 & 2, D-Rob, was looking to pass more then run. Very few times did the cpu take off with him listed as "Balanced" on the roster screen but listed as "Scrambler" on the ratings screen. On most of the sacks there was holes to run through but the ball was held way to long then would run into a sack.

Now in games 3-5 I saw the old D-Rob from the numbered rosters. He now was listed as a "Scrambler" on the roster screen but "Balanced" in the ratings screen. I raised his straight rating a few points so he would now be listed as a "Scrambler" on the roster screen and "Balanced" on the ratings screen. In those 3 games I saw the D-Rob that ripped me a new one before roster come out. I didn't see him trying to truck anyone but rather made a few jukes and even a spin out of a sack to run for a nice 10 yard dash for 6. It was hard to contain him.

I also did some work with Andrew Luck. On my file he was listed as a "Scrambler" on the roster screen. I played 2 games, same set up, against him with USC & UCLA and he killed me. I didn't record the stats but he played like Tebow and Newton. I then did some edits to turn him into a "Balanced" QB on the roster screen. I then played using the same two teams and saw a different Luck. He stayed in the pocket more vs taking off as soon as he felt pressure. He still made a few nice runs but nothing like before.

I'm convinced that the glitch is not a game breaker but does change the game play. I went through the roster file to edit every QB in order to fit to their skill set and system they play in. I since started a Dynasty, using Georgia, but have only played 2 games. In the first, against Boise State, Moore was listed as a "Pocket Passer" and played that way. The second game was against South Carolina and Garcia, listed as a "Scrambler", looked to run when needed but didn't run more then he should have. I know the glitch is there but can be overcome with a few edits. Thank goodness we can now make edits inside the dynasty mode.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #13
Rookie

pmini82's Arena

I'm wondering if we keep these glitch roster files, what will they play like if we transfer them to madden? I mean madden doesnt care about players tendencies, only attributes and those from what i see in the edit screen are still the same...
Old 07-26-2011, 11:43 PM   #14
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmini82
I'm wondering if we keep these glitch roster files, what will they play like if we transfer them to madden? I mean madden doesnt care about players tendencies, only attributes and those from what i see in the edit screen are still the same...
From what I can tell the tendency on the roster page is what controls how the player plays in NCAA 12. While the ratings screen shows the tendency given based on ratings the roster screen gets some crossed up. That is why you see guys who should be run first QB's now playing to pass first run second and vice versa. I'm not sure how Madden handles the transfer but if it is based off ratings alone then there should not be an issue. Also Madden allows for full edited rosters inside the franchise mode so the use could fix any issue they see with a draft class. I still say there is a glitch but it is not as bad as some make it out to be. I wish I could load some videos of D-Rob playing like D-Rob. Better yet anyone wanting to see for them selves just need to edit him on their roster file to say "Balanced" on the ratings screen so it will cross it up. Then go play against him and watch him take off time and again against you.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:09 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
After reading every page of the roster glitch thread on Saturday I decided to do some testing of my own. I used D. Robinson as my test subject. I played 5 games on default AA, 6 minute qtr, with the cpu as Michigan and I used different levels of schools. I'm using a early version of Block-o's file.

Game 1: I was UGA, D-Rob was listed as "Balanced"
Passing: 13-25 228yds 1td 2ints 6 sacks
Rushing: 12atts for 36yds 0tds

Game 2: I was Miami, D-Rob was still listed as "Balanced"
Passing: 15-30 246yds 2tds 3ints 8 sacks
Rushing: 10atts for -20yds 0tds

Game 3: I was Penn St., I edited D-Rob to now become a "Scrambler", I upped his strength rating a few points to see the change.
Passing: 14-25 231yds 3tds 1int 2 sacks
Rushing: 16atts for 126yds 2tds

Game 4: I was Texas, D-Rob was still the same as game #3.
Passing: 12-30 194yds 1td 2ints 3 sacks
Rushing: 20atts for 98yds 1 td

Game 5: I was Indiana, D-Rob the same as game #3 & 4.
Passing: 20-33 289yds 4tds 1int 1 sack
Rushing: 22atts 134yds 3tds

In games 1 & 2, D-Rob, was looking to pass more then run. Very few times did the cpu take off with him listed as "Balanced" on the roster screen but listed as "Scrambler" on the ratings screen. On most of the sacks there was holes to run through but the ball was held way to long then would run into a sack.

Now in games 3-5 I saw the old D-Rob from the numbered rosters. He now was listed as a "Scrambler" on the roster screen but "Balanced" in the ratings screen. I raised his straight rating a few points so he would now be listed as a "Scrambler" on the roster screen and "Balanced" on the ratings screen. In those 3 games I saw the D-Rob that ripped me a new one before roster come out. I didn't see him trying to truck anyone but rather made a few jukes and even a spin out of a sack to run for a nice 10 yard dash for 6. It was hard to contain him.

I also did some work with Andrew Luck. On my file he was listed as a "Scrambler" on the roster screen. I played 2 games, same set up, against him with USC & UCLA and he killed me. I didn't record the stats but he played like Tebow and Newton. I then did some edits to turn him into a "Balanced" QB on the roster screen. I then played using the same two teams and saw a different Luck. He stayed in the pocket more vs taking off as soon as he felt pressure. He still made a few nice runs but nothing like before.

I'm convinced that the glitch is not a game breaker but does change the game play. I went through the roster file to edit every QB in order to fit to their skill set and system they play in. I since started a Dynasty, using Georgia, but have only played 2 games. In the first, against Boise State, Moore was listed as a "Pocket Passer" and played that way. The second game was against South Carolina and Garcia, listed as a "Scrambler", looked to run when needed but didn't run more then he should have. I know the glitch is there but can be overcome with a few edits. Thank goodness we can now make edits inside the dynasty mode.

Why not use the same school in every game and call the same defense every play? There are too many variables in each game combined with variability of teams and overall player/team ratings to even come up with any sort of conclusion.

Last edited by Mr.T; 07-27-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 04:09 AM   #16
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.T
Why not use the same school in every game and call the same defense every play? There are too many variables in each game combined with variability of teams and overall player/team ratings to even come up with any sort of conclusion.
If you can't see a conclusion from what he posted, you're blind. Ignorance is bliss.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »