Home

Edited NCAA 12 Roster (X360)

This is a discussion on Edited NCAA 12 Roster (X360) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
re: Edited NCAA 12 Roster (X360)

I downloaded the newest roster and it feels like it plays differently. I can't quite put my finger on it. The only ratings adjustment was to speed, right?
Old 08-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #34
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I downloaded the newest roster and it feels like it plays differently. I can't quite put my finger on it. The only ratings adjustment was to speed, right?
The main editing was speed, no other rating was done on any kind of global basis that would make anything seem different....especially different from a earlier version of this file.

I am not sure what you would mean by different.....or even if it's different in a good or bad way ?

Old 08-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #35
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
From a few different Draft Scout sites.......
Which ones? I'm having trouble finding 40 times for underclassmen from small programs.
You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his *ss quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as! - Nick Saban
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

I found out what it is--I'm seeing more strange juking than before--like CPU players deciding to shift left and right when they don't need to. I'm not sure why this is happening now, but it is, especially in the open field. I've seen it on breakaway runs by backs and receivers, as well as on defensive returns.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #37
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I found out what it is--I'm seeing more strange juking than before--like CPU players deciding to shift left and right when they don't need to. I'm not sure why this is happening now, but it is, especially in the open field. I've seen it on breakaway runs by backs and receivers, as well as on defensive returns.
I know the moves you are talking about, and I think that is associated with slider settings. It's not really a juke, it's move like a cover the ball twisting lean.

Have you change sliders recently or changed the RB Ability ?
I saw those moves go away, by lowering the RBA and I raised the Run Blocking to offset that on my sliders.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
I know the moves you are talking about, and I think that is associated with slider settings. It's not really a juke, it's move like a cover the ball twisting lean.

Have you change sliders recently or changed the RB Ability ?
I saw those moves go away, by lowering the RBA and I raised the Run Blocking to offset that on my sliders.
Okay, I know the shoulder lean and twist animation, and I'm getting something slightly different. It's like if a guy is in the open field and has defenders behind him but not exactly close to him he'll try to run away from them by making unnecessary quick angular cuts back and forth. It creates a stutter effect and looks odd.

I have not changed my RBA sliders in a while. I'm rolling with Matt's 3.0 set. I may look at that, though and see if changing RBA addresses the issue.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #39
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

Quote:
100% Done

ALL 120 Teams Completely Done (All Players on All Teams)

Available at X360 GT: Yukon46

Notes of what is on my Roster File:

* I started these a few weeks ago....I think it was around 7/26 when I grabbed my last Comm Roster file.

* Every Players Speed Rating was edited to equal their scouted 40 times. That time is turned into a speed rating using the games own Speed rating table. (what it uses to build recruits.)

* Be Warned .....I did Zero out all coaches, then I re-rated all Head Coaches...6 star teams= B... 5 star= C...and 4 star= D+ ! All other Head Coaches and Assistants are D (0)

* I did try to keep Overalls intact...If major decreases in speed caused a big drop in overall, I made adjustments as I saw fit.

* I did some body work on Impact Players, just making sure they looked right from my perspective.
(I cant stand the huge arms thing....and I hate 6'0 240 pound players with Matchstick Legs !)

* Some of the Major Player moves have been made over this build time, players leaving teams...etc etc.. (did not keep track.....but I know I did way more than a few )

* I went through and did Auto Depth Chart for all teams, that is all in the department !

* I did some Major Re-Tools to a few teams....those teams are, Arizona, Toledo, New Mex St and Tulane ......these are in-depth renditions of these teams, made from what I know or info I could gather, these are teams I like to play with, this is why I do more to them, than others........
......Also ended up doing alot of Re-Tools to the lower 1-2 star teams, when i finally got to them at the end.
Updated Roster is available....

The above highlighted portion in quote is one new thing...(I did re-rate some Head Coaches up from the previous setting of 0 for all)

Doing some cosmetic editing of players.....body sizes and such.
(Starting with the Top 10 overall rated players at each position)

Old 08-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #40
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Question on the speed edits. How does this affect the rest of your offline dynasty? By that I mean in the 2nd and 3 year will you have recruites on all teams that are not rated with the games speed ratings leaving the guys that were Fresh-Juniors on these rerated rosters in the dust because they were given slower speeds?

For instance some 5 star recruited CB coming in with 95 speed that will blow away my speed receiver that was a 95 before but is now like an 88 with the speed settings changed. He gets to be a Senior but is still 88 and new recruited players are way faster because they come in at higher speeds?

Last edited by SGMRock; 08-14-2011 at 12:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »