Home

Edited NCAA 12 Roster (X360)

This is a discussion on Edited NCAA 12 Roster (X360) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #41
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23
re: Edited NCAA 12 Roster (X360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Question on the speed edits. How does this affect the rest of your offline dynasty? By that I mean in the 2nd and 3 year will you have recruites on all teams that are not rated with the games speed ratings leaving the guys that were Fresh-Juniors on these rerated rosters in the dust because they were given slower speeds?

For instance some 5 star recruited CB coming in with 95 speed that will blow away my speed receiver that was a 95 before but is now like an 88 with the speed settings changed. He gets to be a Senior but is still 88 and new recruited players are way faster because they come in at higher speeds?
The problem with future seasons in Dynasty, is not that players are over speed rated, if the recruit says he ran a 4.42 he will be rated 90 for speed.
....The big part of this problem is that there are way too many of them !

There are guys out there running sub 4.4....but not 120+ players in every class.

Will it be a problem in future seasons...Sure ! But all it will eventually do is turn back into the base rosters if you dont edit players in the future.

The 90+ speed thing is the rosters problem, it uses speed wrong and inaccurately....it seems to use it to over compensate to make players seem better, and it really hurts the on the field game play.

But it is how the game was built, and with the way the game progresses players and how the recruit classes are built....it is what they planned to do for some reason, there is just no avoiding it....without a massive effort to edit it for yourself.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 01:01 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

From what I heard lowering the speed of the opening day rosters actually meshes better with the incoming recruiting classes because those aren't as full of 90+ seed guys as the base roster is by proportion. It seems from my own recruiting that there are lots of guys in the B range for speed at skill positions and not all that many in the A to A+ range. When I was playing with Oregon I think I maybe had 2-3 guys interested per year who had that high of a speed grade.

I can't remember where I read that.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #43
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Wonder how it will affect these same players when you export them to Madden 12? I might have to take something like Fairdale Kings rosters and just sim 4 seasons and export those to Madden 12.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #44
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Wonder how it will affect these same players when you export them to Madden 12? I might have to take something like Fairdale Kings rosters and just sim 4 seasons and export those to Madden 12.
This is probably true for the stock Madden Rosters (they over speed them too).....But I always re-rate Madden for myself, so my NCAA will mesh well with it.

Madden is always so much easier to re-rate...less teams, more info out there....but they probably once again dont have Roster Sharing, so it is up to individuals to do it for themselves.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 3

Dynasty shouldn't get too jacked up over the years. Its the stock rosters that are just so far out of wack. As I stated earlier in this thread, I am doing a huge overhaul on '11 and found on top tier teams like 'Bama I would find myself shaving 15 points off of speed for several players.
Much props to you, just doing the speed is a pain enough!
I have also been realistically adjusting all attributes across the board and man, what a change I see in gameplay! I swear I am seeing more takle animations that they were touting as new for '12 just by tweaking a few things.
Anyway, congrats on getting through all 120!

Last edited by SonOfEd; 08-14-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #46
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Dynasty shouldn't get too jacked up over the years. Its the stock rosters that are just dso far out of wack. As I stated earlier in this thread, I am doing a huge overhaul on '11 and found on top tier teams like 'Bama I would find myself shaving 15 points off of speed for several players. Much props to you, just doing the speed is a pain enough! I have also been realistically adjusting all attributes across the board and man, what a change I see in gameplay! I swear I am seeing more takle animations that they were touting as new for '12 just by tweaking a few things. Anyway, congrats on getting through all 120!
Thanks, it was a chore...but it was interesting to see just how out of wack it was (is)......that alone kept me going !

Now I am just fixing the builds on alot of these players ....making players kinda look right, body sizes etc.. etc.. I care more about that, than all the right equip.
I know I can look up some players, and 5 different pictures they will be wearing different stuff ('cept helmets)....It is just not as important to me as having the 5'9 170 lb player with tree trunk arms, or a 230 pound RB with skinny thighs !

Old 08-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #47
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

Good job man! I'm a ps3 guy but I like this effort. I'm thinking I may be the change I'm looking for on the ps3 side of things! We'll see.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #48
Rookie

cgraves45's Arena

OVR: 2

Wasn't last years big attempt to sell us on the game over how speed wasn't the factor to look for anymore? Is it me or did they just go right back into their old habits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »