Home

Playmakers NCAA 13 Historic Team(s) Poll

This is a discussion on Playmakers NCAA 13 Historic Team(s) Poll within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Type of Classic Team Rosters would like to see for NCAA 13
Old Alumni Team Formula from Years Past 14 15.38%
New All Decade Team Formula from the years 2000-2009 16 17.58%
Specific Historic Year Teams only like 1995 Nebraska 61 67.03%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Playmakers NCAA 13 Historic Team(s) Poll

As I have told you many times PM big fan! I personally would prefer the specific years. I have been thinking about undertaking either a project like that or all-90's decade. I started my 95 season rosters last year before my daughter was born and have had no time to complete once she arrived, but did find that anything prior to really 2001 had very little details on smaller teams and really any teams outside the top 20-30 schools.

I would love to see the 95 Huskers, 01 Canes, 95 Northwestern, 05 Texas, USC, 02 Ohio St, 93 or 99 FSU, 99 V-Tech, 97 or 98 Tennessee 96 Florida all battling for the NC. There are so many possibilities. I love your current work but prefer players I actually watched. Never been a big fan of the pre 80's players in files with current NFL players. Dean Steinkuhler was great but he wouldn't have a chance at his size to become a HOF going against 330 lb lineman. There are always exceptions but mostly I don't see it as realistic.

The decade teams are great too. Especially going with the 00's. There is plenty of info available and tons of great talents also. I would rather have the 90's mainly cause it was the era I grew up and became a huge fan of and actually think there is better talent available.

Whichever way you go though I look forward too as you have never dissapointed and always put so much work and detail into it. Looking forward. Hopefully their is better options for 13 to make it even better.

Last edited by schumj; 04-02-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #10
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

I would rather see teams from specific years rather than all-time teams. I kinda like seeing some of the lesser players make big plays for their team.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

WOW!

I didn't expect the Specific Year Team(s) to dominate the polls in this manner. I will monitor this thread right up to NFL draft weekend and if it becomes apparent that the Specific Year Team(s) is still running away with the polls then I start the research project In May in putting those teams together.

Example of Each Schools Best Year Team
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...-football-team

Now another thing i can do is replace the All-Decade team(s) from 2000-2009 with a All-Decade Team(s) from the 90's for each program similiar to what schumj suggested

If that becomes the case this would be a sample of how those teams would be created

The Rivalry's Top 10 College Football Programs of the 1990's: Part 1
http://www.offtackleempire.com/2009/...s-top-10-colle

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 05-25-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #12
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

yea i agree. Like year specific teams more. Imagine playing online with these. Man would that be fun for us college football junkies. 2002 OSU v.s. 1997 Michigan..... lets do it!
Old 04-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #13
Minister of Defense

xxSTEELCITYDxx's Arena

OVR: 4

do you have theses for ps/3 if not are you able to get the rosters to me so I can make them for ps/3?
Old 04-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 6

Food for thought on your vote fellow voters. All-Decade teams from the 2000-09 era would work a lot better because of the way the game is made. It is quite a headache to get 95 Nebraska's offensive system to work just right.

Also. I think it would be cooler for the decade team as far as player match-ups. Take for instance an all decade team would give you the chance to pit better players against each other. For instance with a team like Oregon you could start either Joey Harrington or Dennis Dixon at quarterback. Gives room for a lot more variety.

Hopefully, 13 will have formation subs for the play now games. Just seems that Play Now plays a different game of football and the formation subs adds a lot to the game. Especially with running back and wide receiver rotation. Esp. WR.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #15
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

Hey man if you wanna do a 1987 South Carolina team, I'll help you out.

They had such stars as Todd Ellis at qb. Sterling sharpe at wr. And Harold green at rb.

Ellis is pretty much unknown now. But he had a cannon for a arm. And he put up crazy numbers. Threw for just short of 10,000 yards.

http://www.dixiefriedsports.com/Gamecock_Hype.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #16
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

Would also be nice to rely heavily on players from the last ten to fifteen years so more people would recognize them. I know i personally would like teams from maybe mid 80's up to the present.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »