Home

Would you buy a future NCAA Football title if it DID NOT have roster share?

This is a discussion on Would you buy a future NCAA Football title if it DID NOT have roster share? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you buy a future NCAA Football title if it DID NOT have roster share?
Yes 69 23.23%
No 228 76.77%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #17
Rookie

nhill76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Would you buy a future NCAA Football title if it DID NOT have roster share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
No there isn't. Keller doesn't have a leg to stand on in his case. And ea will lawyer up to win, editing rosters is too big to the NCAA franchise

Do some research and look up the legal cases before you make that claim. I'm currently working on a research paper in my sports law class and judging from the lawsuits against EA from former student athletes and the legends Jim Brown and Bill Russell, there will be a change in the near future in how EA does business and what they can and can not put into their games.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #18
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4
I'm about to start my fifth season with the randomly generated rosters. While we know the names of people on our teams and the big name players from other teams, the fact I have random names for the 3rd string RT at Texas State means nothing to me. It's a game. Yes, I'd still buy it.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #19
Rookie

JDRAKE349's Arena

Absolutely. I think all the hardcore fans still would, we'd just revert to what we did before Roster Share was implemented. I'm sure it would drive the casual fans away but I generally get the most fun out of building a small program to a powerhouse via recruiting made up players anyways -- REALLY hope exporting the draft class to Madden comes back next year, I'd be more mad if that didn't come back versus getting rid of roster share.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1

@nhill76

Haha, wasn't the Keller lawsuit dismissed?
Old 07-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Better gameplay and more attention to detail. Yes I still buy it. I can name my own rosters if I wanted to.

I agree. The quality of the game comes before roster sharing. If EA eliminated roster sharing and the ability to name and edit rosters, that would be double trouble. Totally locked down generic rosters would not be fun. I could see it happening because EA is in a predicament over the usage of likenesses. The heights, weights, and ratings are all an extension of this.

I don't mind doing my own private offline naming and editing. I am not profiting from it. For those who get mad about it being too much work, print the roster off the team website or buy Phil Steele. That will save some time.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcha
I'm about to start my fifth season with the randomly generated rosters. While we know the names of people on our teams and the big name players from other teams, the fact I have random names for the 3rd string RT at Texas State means nothing to me. It's a game. Yes, I'd still buy it.
Can't even play with randomly generated names. Drives me crazy. Heck, after I've landed a recruiting class in dynasty, I go thru and change names to actual recruits out there that I know we (Miss State) are recruiting.

I want my dynasty to be as accurate as possible. The only hangup right now is having to cut 15 players from the actual 85 man roster.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #23
Rookie

nhill76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_nincompoop55
@nhill76

Haha, wasn't the Keller lawsuit dismissed?

Nope, it's still ongoing.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #24
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadex
You never know about these things, but I'm sure the NCAA isn't happy about the fact that people make money selling rosters (I'm looking at you, GameRosters) or maybe even share them for that matter. If EA was ordered to shut down roster sharing one day, would you buy an NCAA Football title without this ability?

I definitely would not.
Yes, but if took out editing a player's equipment I would not buy it. I can live without real names, but the ability to change someone's equipment is a no go for me (see: Madden 13).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »