Home

Would you buy a future NCAA Football title if it DID NOT have roster share?

This is a discussion on Would you buy a future NCAA Football title if it DID NOT have roster share? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you buy a future NCAA Football title if it DID NOT have roster share?
Yes 69 23.23%
No 228 76.77%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #25
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Would you buy a future NCAA Football title if it DID NOT have roster share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhill76
Do some research and look up the legal cases before you make that claim. I'm currently working on a research paper in my sports law class and judging from the lawsuits against EA from former student athletes and the legends Jim Brown and Bill Russell, there will be a change in the near future in how EA does business and what they can and can not put into their games.
I have done research on it. It's not going to happen. If the NCAA and EA want it in it will get in. Big Business rules in the country and money talks. They'll get the lawyers and if they lose once they'll appeal so it won't go into effect. This happens all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #26
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I would, but I think that for most of the young (under 30) people who buy the game, they wouldn't be able to survive without rosters with the real names of players. Very few people will admit it out loud or may not even actually be consciously aware of it, but for a lot of folks, having the real names of players is more important than everything else, gameplay, A.I., or any of the modes.

I go back to the days of "X's" and "O's" and stick figures as players, I can definitely handle fake names.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #27
Rookie

afurry91's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
I have done research on it. It's not going to happen. If the NCAA and EA want it in it will get in. Big Business rules in the country and money talks. They'll get the lawyers and if they lose once they'll appeal so it won't go into effect. This happens all the time.
I would agree. As long as EA continues doing what they are doing, they are in no wrong. NCAA should be going after the folks that charge for rosters. Doing what this forum does for free is breaking no moral or legal barriers.

Having said that, hopefully someday these athletes are compensated for what they do for their school and state. Then hopefully, later down the road EA can start giving us real rosters with roster updates and such.

Last edited by afurry91; 07-16-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #28
Rookie

xPPRTxDETROITx's Arena

No I don't think I would get it. I was astonished they dumped the draft class imports! But I gave up Madden a few years back (I was spending a bit too much time on it, and I will leave it at this I got out while I was ahead as far as $$$ goes. I was developing a bit of a gambling addiction.....)

But as far as the names, realism is very important to me, I don't get as into as most of you guys (but believe me I UNDERSTAND! I am full on hooked on NHL and the Forza series) so I don't care if a star player has the wrong socks, or if the coach of East Carolina is wrong or the backup RB of Middle Tennessee is not right, but I do like to see the names I see on Gameday.

Without roster sharing the game would lose it's way, but I don't think that will happen. There would be too many removable storage and recovered gamer tag scams.

just my 2 pesos

Thanks again to everyone who works their butts off on this great forum and the great rosters!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #29
Rookie

bmg050's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm sure people would find a way around it. Unless they completely remove the ability to edit the players, which I guess could be possible.

Even now, you don't need a PSN or Xbox gamertag to place rosters on the game.

By the way, I'd still buy it regardless.

Last edited by bmg050; 07-16-2012 at 04:09 PM. Reason: answer the question
Old 07-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #30
Rookie

KingNick865's Arena

I did it for years before I signed on Xbox Live for NCAA 09, so yeah, I probably would.
NHL: Nashville Predators
Soccer: FC Barcelona
Old 07-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #31
Rookie

nhill76's Arena

Post Re: Would you buy a future NCAA Football title if it DID NOT have roster share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th

LOL, no u didn't. You are talking out of your butt now. The NCAA in no way supports names being in the game just like the NFL didn't support Madden placing legends in the game which is why Jim Brown is only suing EA for putting him in Madden in without his permission. The reason the NCAA is part of the case is because the courts consolidated 3 separate cases from former collegiate athletes into one BIG lawsuit dealing property rights against the NCAA, EA, and the Collegiate Licensing Company. Anyhow, enough since you haven't actually looked up anything. Check Lexus Nexis and SportDiscus databases and look up the cases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #32
Pro

Td1984's Arena

OVR: 13

Yes. I got by without it for years just fine. If need be, I could do it again. Having the CPU auto-name the rosters for me is no big deal.
MLB: Twins, Dodgers
NFL: Vikings
MLS: Minnesota United
Premier League: Manchester United

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »