Home

Generic Editor with NCAA 14

This is a discussion on Generic Editor with NCAA 14 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #417
Rookie

renegade28's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Generic Editor with NCAA 14

Alright, here's my excel project on which I have been working. It is a system for editing both the stand-alone roster, dynasty rosters, and the recruits which are generated in a dynasty.

It currently has three excel workbooks which can import CSV files created by the dynasty editor and then re-rate them, either according to my preset variables or your own custom ones.

There are instructions on the first sheet of each workbook, and all three function in a very similar way. This is the first version of these workbooks, and I would expect them to have some bugs. Please, let me know of any you find.

I have several other ideas about how to improve our dynasty experience (upping top jucos' OVRs to be more of an immediate impact, re-rating coaches, changes to high-level recruits to make them more likely to value the things they would in real life, etc).

But, I wanted to release these in their present form to get feedback from anyone who is interested. So, if there is anything in the instructions that you feel is unclear, or any changes you would like to see, I will be happy to take any suggestions under consideration.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA 14 Editors_080513_1502.zip (2.80 MB, 120 views)
Old 08-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #418
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade28
Alright, here's my excel project on which I have been working. It is a system for editing both the stand-alone roster, dynasty rosters, and the recruits which are generated in a dynasty.

It currently has three excel workbooks which can import CSV files created by the dynasty editor and then re-rate them, either according to my preset variables or your own custom ones.

There are instructions on the first sheet of each workbook, and all three function in a very similar way. This is the first version of these workbooks, and I would expect them to have some bugs. Please, let me know of any you find.

I have several other ideas about how to improve our dynasty experience (upping top jucos' OVRs to be more of an immediate impact, re-rating coaches, changes to high-level recruits to make them more likely to value the things they would in real life, etc).

But, I wanted to release these in their present form to get feedback from anyone who is interested. So, if there is anything in the instructions that you feel is unclear, or any changes you would like to see, I will be happy to take any suggestions under consideration.
Looking forward to checking this out when I get off work. Love the idea with the JUCOS and high level recruits.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #419
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade28
Just checked it out. Good stuff. Man I thought I knew a good amount about excel but some of those formulas have me scratching my head lol. How do you do the shift-ctrl-r (was that right) to automatically copy in the CSV file? I'd love to implement that in mine. So far I've just glanced at it but man I really like it. Great job.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #420
Rookie

renegade28's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Just checked it out. Good stuff. Man I thought I knew a good amount about excel but some of those formulas have me scratching my head lol. How do you do the shift-ctrl-r (was that right) to automatically copy in the CSV file? I'd love to implement that in mine. So far I've just glanced at it but man I really like it. Great job.

You use a macro written in VBA to do things like that. From what I saw in your excel workbook, you can learn it with no problem. It is a part of the excel suite. I will PM you on how to get that functionality added to yours. As far as the formulas, they are really all just index(match) varieties with a little if then and some arrays.

I know I am going to get a lot of use out of it. Being able to customize the game this easily has always been something I wanted to do.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #421
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerfan09
you can try turning offensive aggression down, might cause shorter throws thereby producing higher comp %
I will let you know I too was looking into the Comp%.

And turning down offensive aggression did not help....

I mass set it to 20, and the Comp% after a season was basically identical to what it was before.

You get about 50 QB's at about 51% or higher... then all the rest are below.

And you only get about 10-15 above 60%....

Which is sad because in reality, it's about 60+ players complete over 60% of their passes !

And pretty much every QB in the NCAA completes higher than 51%

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #422
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
I will let you know I too was looking into the Comp%.

And turning down offensive aggression did not help....

I mass set it to 20, and the Comp% after a season was basically identical to what it was before.

You get about 50 QB's at about 51% or higher... then all the rest are below.

And you only get about 10-15 above 60%....

Which is sad because in reality, it's about 60+ players complete over 60% of their passes !

And pretty much every QB in the NCAA completes higher than 51%
Oh yeah, it's much too low—especially considering how many QB's play in systems that really put the QB in an ideal position to complete a pass.

I wonder if there is anything in the tuner that could be used since it is constantly being loaded in dynasty mode.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #423
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Oh yeah, it's much too low—especially considering how many QB's play in systems that really put the QB in an ideal position to complete a pass.

I wonder if there is anything in the tuner that could be used since it is constantly being loaded in dynasty mode.
I have come to a conclusion of what it is... (and I have heard it before from EA in some capacity)

I think it is 100% tied to the "Awareness" rating for the QB.

So in a test I Mass Set all QB's with 88 Awareness..and simmed a season.

74 QB's had a 60% or higher Completion Rate !

The Base Games normal is 15 players with that Comp%

Last year in the real NCAA 65 players had that Comp%

Last edited by Yukon46; 08-06-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #424
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
I have come to a conclusion of what it is... (and I have heard it before from EA in some capacity)

I think it is 100% tied to the "Awareness" rating for the QB.

So in a test I Mass Set all QB's with 88 Awareness..and simmed a season.

74 QB's had a 60% or higher Completion Rate !

The Base Games normal is 15 players with that Comp%

Last year in the real NCAA 65 players had that Comp%
This is exactly what I thought. Good info bro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »