Home

[Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

This is a discussion on [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-21-2023, 10:44 PM   #921
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

I'm pretty sure the warranty on my PS2 has expired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2023, 05:55 PM   #922
Just started!

Hi there, I plan to try and use MadMod-X and DFR and replace the existing liscenced tracks in NCAA 06 with different songs.

At the moment I am trying to change the tracklist names in the game so they can match the new songs I want to add. I was able to do this a few summers back but lost all the programs ect.

From my notes I made back then it seems like need to edit the 'STRMDATA - EATX.csv' and then replace the existing file in the 'STRMDATA.DB'. I tried just there to use Apache to extract 'STRMDATA.DB' from the previously edited NCAA 06 ISO (which plays on my PS2 completely fine atm). I then tried using Madden Xtreme DB Editor to open the 'STRMDATA.DB' but I just get an error message.

Any help/tips would be appreciated in terms of programmes I should be using ect.
Old 08-12-2023, 03:18 AM   #923
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdroid
Among the plethora of new discoveries we've unlocked through hex editing, I did find out how to REMOVE conferences during dynasty play!

It was actually rather stupidly easy.

You basically just change League LGID to 1 in CONF for the conference you want to get rid of. Then change the teams in TEAM to the conference CGID/DGID you want to move them too. But here's the part that you have to do. You need to move a team, any team, to the old conference that you are removing from FBS. In this case, I just put a random FCS team or set of teams in there.

So, basically the game used to hang or crash when I tried this in the past because I did not have any teams in the WAC (CGID: 14), but through dumb what if experimentation this week, I found out that all I had to do was move any team to the WAC, and it works!

I actually ended up moving the MAC and WAC down to FCS, so I only have 9 conferences, and 1 independents right now in my League of 120 teams. 5 x 14 power conferences, 4 x 12 G4 conferences (American, MAC-USA, Mt West, Sun Belt), and 2 independents (Notre Dame and UMass)
I was wondering if it is possible to have multiple 14 team conferences using NCAA 11? I have my CONF, DIVI, TEAM, and STTM files edited correctly and was attempting to use the PS2 Scheduler UI but I keep getting errors on the conference alignment spreadsheet and I was wondering if that my be the cause.
Old 08-21-2023, 06:01 PM   #924
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by likes2hoop05
I was wondering if it is possible to have multiple 14 team conferences using NCAA 11? I have my CONF, DIVI, TEAM, and STTM files edited correctly and was attempting to use the PS2 Scheduler UI but I keep getting errors on the conference alignment spreadsheet and I was wondering if that my be the cause.
It is definitely possible. I also saw your last message on music editing. This is also possible, though you may not be doing it correctly. We have dedicated channels on our discord servers for these topics actually if you wanna join there with help pages too.

That said, the issue may be with your spreadsheet setup.
Old 11-15-2023, 10:29 AM   #925
Rookie

Hello! So I wanted to do a complete FCS swap into a dynasty, and I've gone through and changed over all of the files manually, so that the conferences and divisions are how I want them to be. I moved some teams from the MAC to the PAC-10 for example, and went through and changed everything in the TEAM and STTM files, simmed a few seasons and haven't run into any crashes. However, with the teams that I moved through MXDBE, I've noticed that the scheduling doesn't work for the teams that were moved. For example, UL Lafayette was moved to the WAC, and never had any WAC conferences games scheduled. I haven't touched any of the BOWL, SCHD, or TSWP files, as I don't want to mess up any progress I've made so far. I can answer any questions that are asked. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2023, 01:04 PM   #926
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradykin
Hello! So I wanted to do a complete FCS swap into a dynasty, and I've gone through and changed over all of the files manually, so that the conferences and divisions are how I want them to be. I moved some teams from the MAC to the PAC-10 for example, and went through and changed everything in the TEAM and STTM files, simmed a few seasons and haven't run into any crashes. However, with the teams that I moved through MXDBE, I've noticed that the scheduling doesn't work for the teams that were moved. For example, UL Lafayette was moved to the WAC, and never had any WAC conferences games scheduled. I haven't touched any of the BOWL, SCHD, or TSWP files, as I don't want to mess up any progress I've made so far. I can answer any questions that are asked. Thanks!
I’m not sure what MXDBE is, but the way the game works is TSWP swaps schedules. So unless you create a swap in that table with UL Lafayette and whichever school you trade then with, their schedule will remain a Sun Belt schedule.
Old 11-15-2023, 01:12 PM   #927
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
I’m not sure what MXDBE is, but the way the game works is TSWP swaps schedules. So unless you create a swap in that table with UL Lafayette and whichever school you trade then with, their schedule will remain a Sun Belt schedule.
MXDBE is the editor I used, might have spelled it wrong, but I gotcha. Thanks for your help!
Old 11-15-2023, 01:17 PM   #928
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
Also is it a pretty easy thing to swap them out? What should I look for specifically in order to make the changes? Thank you again!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »