Home

[Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

This is a discussion on [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-02-2018, 12:47 PM   #521
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_meredith
Okay, I've been successful in replacing a uniform set in NHL 07, and everyone should be able to replicate my methods in other EA Sports PSP games.

Next is to try a goalie. The goalies in the game are ridiculous.
Hi sorry, I was away on a biz trip and hadnt checked back in.

Looks like you figured out a lot of it on your own. That's good! Did you figure out the pallette issues? It worked for me sometimes and sometimes it didnt.

Just an FYI I use these programs in the past:

Console Texture Explorer
HxD
EA Graphics Editor
UMD Gen (this packs the PSP file back up)

more random tools ive collected in the past in photo attached
Attached Images
File Type: png psp.png (65.3 KB, 229 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2018, 08:49 PM   #522
Rookie

Looks like we use a lot of the same things, and a few different ones.

How do you edit rosters and players?

Most of the feedback I've had so far is that uniforms would be great, but even better would be updated rosters and players.

I'm guessing that like the graphics have a similar base, so do the rosters. It might be possible to use something made for another game (like Madden) for NHL 07.

I also started a new thread for my work:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...st-update.html
Old 06-18-2018, 12:51 AM   #523
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm in year 2 of a dynasty in NCAA 06, and I'm regretting not subbing in an FCS team or two. Is it possible to do this after the season is over? What's the best strategy to go about this, and when exactly during the dynasty would I do the editing? Thanks.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:49 PM   #524
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
I'm in year 2 of a dynasty in NCAA 06, and I'm regretting not subbing in an FCS team or two. Is it possible to do this after the season is over? What's the best strategy to go about this, and when exactly during the dynasty would I do the editing? Thanks.
Well, I think I figured out how to do what I wanted, but I didn't realize I'd run into a brick wall because I'm playing on a backwards compatible PS3. Seems there is no way to convert a save back to PSV without a memory card adapter
Old 07-16-2018, 07:21 PM   #525
Rookie

Minotauri,

Love all this work, man. This is great stuff!

Couple questions:

1) will you be doing a new dynasty mod with the updated 2018-19 rosters once they are done? If I just edit the start year and replace the PLAY table with the new roster, would that also work?

2) I haven’t been able to get the 2017-18 mod for 06 to work on 07. I’m able to convert it fine, but it won’t advance past week one. I’m guessing it’s a scheduling issue since they switched from 11 to 12 games then, but I can’t figure it out.

I started a new dynasty with the only change being that I replaced the three teams that you did (UMass, App St, WKU) to get a generic schedule for 07. But when I ran your mod with that schedule, it still wouldn’t advance. Do any of your mods work out of the box with 07?

3) I know there’s the post about creating a playoff, but Brock followed it up by saying that didn’t work. However, later in the thread mentions that he was in playoffs (I think you did as well). What was the way that actually worked?

Last edited by mla20408; 07-16-2018 at 08:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2018, 10:20 PM   #526
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla20408
Minotauri,

Love all this work, man. This is great stuff!

Couple questions:

1) will you be doing a new dynasty mod with the updated 2018-19 rosters once they are done? If I just edit the start year and replace the PLAY table with the new roster, would that also work?

2) I haven’t been able to get the 2017-18 mod for 06 to work on 07. I’m able to convert it fine, but it won’t advance past week one. I’m guessing it’s a scheduling issue since they switched from 11 to 12 games then, but I can’t figure it out.

I started a new dynasty with the only change being that I replaced the three teams that you did (UMass, App St, WKU) to get a generic schedule for 07. But when I ran your mod with that schedule, it still wouldn’t advance. Do any of your mods work out of the box with 07?

3) I know there’s the post about creating a playoff, but Brock followed it up by saying that didn’t work. However, later in the thread mentions that he was in playoffs (I think you did as well). What was the way that actually worked?
I never said the playoffs didn't work, they always have. The link to my post is in the 5 post, under the mods section. I'm on mobile right now so I can't link it.

Last edited by Brock; 07-16-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:47 AM   #527
Rookie

Oh awesome! Don’t know what made me think that. Is it this post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Editor never saved for me, but good news. I got the playoffs to work!

I just used madden db because it actually worked the way I wanted it to. I pretty much followed the steps as shown in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifTkb3L0nJs

But obviously it's a bit different.
1. Since we don't have the seemless top down menu for teams, you're going to need to go to TEAM tab and find the team id's, TGID.
2. Go to the Bowl tab, and get the bowl id's, SGNM
3. Go to the Schedule tab SCHD, and scroll all the way down until you see 21 under the SEWN column. This is the week, 21 being the final week (Nat'l title game and Orange Bowl), the 20th week are the useful/popular bowls. Use the bowl id's an match them up, National Title game and Orange Bowl will be in week 21, all others week 20.
4. GATG (Away) and GHTG (Home) are where you put the team id's.

BAM! You have yourself a playoff in NCAA 06, or any ps2 game that works with the db.
So did you use the Orange Bowl and then create another bowl for the two semi finals? I haven’t watched that video so maybe it’ll make more sense once I do.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:50 AM   #528
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla20408
Oh awesome! Don’t know what made me think that. Is it this post?

So did you use the Orange Bowl and then create another bowl for the two semi finals? I haven’t watched that video so maybe it’ll make more sense once I do.
Yes that's the post. I only used Orange bowl as a reference since it's in the same week as the Natty title game. You can use any bowls you want for the playoffs. I usually use the ones that the 3 and 4 seeds are in and take a lesser one music City bowl for the teams that got replaced. But yeah the video will most definitely help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »