Home

[Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

This is a discussion on [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2016, 06:28 PM   #17
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

Version 0.20 of my PS3 Conversion Tool is now available at http://www.AntDroid.net

Version 0.20 is a change that was necessitated to reduce the amount of system RAM required and to speed up the process of editing the actual data and formulas.

The new design is broken into 4 different files:

1. PS3 extracted csv roster from Dynasty Editor.

2. PS3 Conversion XLSM -- Names and Attributes Conversion Tool

3. PS3 Output XLSM -- Conversion Tool

4. Outputted CSV file for PSP/PS2

General Instructions:

Open up a PS3 roster in Dynasty Editor and export the Player Roster to CSV.

Rename this CSV file to PS3_Input.csv and Open in Excel.

Open PS3_Conversion_Tool.xlsm in Excel

Press SHIFT+OPT+COMMAND+N (or SHIFT+CTRL+N) in the Names Tab. This will auto convert the names to the PS2/PSP format.

Now, open PS3_Output.xlsm file in Excel

Press SHIFT+OPT+COMMAND+C or SHIFT+CTRL+C. This will convert the roster, save, and save as CSV.

A converted CSV file will now be created. Import this into DB Editor with your current Roster Go play!
Old 03-07-2016, 04:25 PM   #18
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

wow. I think I got the proper offsets for viewing Trophy graphics for NCAA PSP.

Offset of 48
Palette offset of 16448
BPP 8
128 x 128
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 1.23.08 PM.png (247.6 KB, 718 views)
Old 03-26-2016, 04:11 PM   #19
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Some random things I've learned in the process of trying to re-align conferences in Dynasty Mode:

First off, you need to open the franchise save in a TDB editor (DB Editor, for example). There are several databases within the save.

The one's of note are:
CONF - Names of all the conferences, their prestige, whether they are FBS or FCS, etc. Conference ID is CGID, DGID is Division, LGID is League (FBS/FCS)

DIVI - This controls if there are two divisions within the conferences (for example East/West). Unfortunately, the DGID (Division Id) has a limit of 15 numbers. You have to keep 15 for conferences that do not have two divisions.

STTM - This is a list of teams, conference, division, league. I'm not really sure how this affects the game though. It doesnt get modified when you do an actual in-game sub of FCS to FBS team. I'm hoping it affects scheduling, but it does not seem to either. It also seems like some of the schedules are predefined. I get the same schedule over and over again each time I simulate.

TEAM - This is the database which controls most aspects of the team. Modifying the team's CGID/DGID here actually moves the teams to new conferences/divisions. I have found that it crashes the game sometimes though and am working on debugging why by moving teams around in smaller quantities and testing vs my previous mass transfers which crash the game.

Also note: For PS2 franchise saves, you need to open your save in a hex editor and remove the first four bytes (02000000) for it to load properly in one of the TDBaccess editors. You have to put this back in before you load it in the game!
Old 03-27-2016, 12:15 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

I started using your ported 15' roster in 06, haven't played with it but I started a Dynasty. I've also ported your coaches csv file, everything looks great. Thanks!

Is it possible to import the the schedules? I was looking and the schedule and the file is like 100 lines more. Also, the roster is smaller, obviously because the 1AA isn't in the next gen. But is it still possible to port those over?

Also, it will most likely typo, but the user coach column is "CFUC"

Last edited by Brock; 03-27-2016 at 12:50 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:33 AM   #21
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
I started using your ported 15' roster in 06, haven't played with it but I started a Dynasty. I've also ported your coaches csv file, everything looks great. Thanks!

Is it possible to import the the schedules? I was looking and the schedule and the file is like 100 lines more. Also, the roster is smaller, obviously because the 1AA isn't in the next gen. But is it still possible to port those over?

Also, it will most likely typo, but the user coach column is "CFUC"
Currently, I am going to say no on porting schedules. I say this because there are teams that are new now that didnt exist 10 years ago. I am almost done working on this mod for realignment! I'm REALLY REALLY EXCITED about it. It will require hex editing/copy/paste though because the application that does importing/exporting csv files cant load hex binary properly.

BTW, thanks I fixed it. I need to post that file/tutorial here too. Forgot all about that!

Last edited by antdroid; 03-27-2016 at 01:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2016, 02:01 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
Currently, I am going to say no on porting schedules. I say this because there are teams that are new now that didnt exist 10 years ago. I am almost done working on this mod for realignment! I'm REALLY REALLY EXCITED about it. It will require hex editing/copy/paste though because the application that does importing/exporting csv files cant load hex binary properly.

BTW, thanks I fixed it. I need to post that file/tutorial here too. Forgot all about that!
That's great news! I was going to try my hand at it, but experienced crashing and thought, might as well look someone more experienced work it out. The last part of that, is that why for some reason, I couldn't import team csv, even when it wasn't edited from the original?

And, I didn't need to delete values to get files to work on the ps2.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:08 AM   #23
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
That's great news! I was going to try my hand at it, but experienced crashing and thought, might as well look someone more experienced work it out. The last part of that, is that why for some reason, I couldn't import team csv, even when it wasn't edited from the original?

And, I didn't need to delete values to get files to work on the ps2.
Yea, I posted a question over on footballidiot.com forum to ask if anyone has experienced it crashing because of binary fields. I'm guessing most of the crowd there uses NZA Editor to modify madden though, because its easier. The cells that crash importing or modifying in TEAM are JJNM and TPIP. The fields are several bytes of binary. DB Editor 3 can load and read it but can't mod it.

Anyway, I used DB Editor v3.0 to manually edit every cell in Team database to make it work. I think it's working though the big issue is there HAS to be a WAC conference. I tried deleting it (i.e. move it from Div 1 to Div 2 or moving it to LGID 3 which is "high school") and it crashes. I then tried to keep it in FBS but had 0 teams, and it crashes. So I decided to just stick Idaho and New Mexico State there because they originally came from there and they have no conference home now. haha.

I'll give a test and post my working files if it works well.

I still have to figure out how schedules are generated. My earlier trials seemed to ignore my realigned conferences for scheduling.

UPDATE: yikes. made changes to every team (keeping WAC of course) and it hangs (doesnt crash) during loading of Championship week schedule...

Last edited by antdroid; 03-27-2016 at 02:22 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:17 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
Yea, I posted a question over on footballidiot.com forum to ask if anyone has experienced it crashing because of binary fields. I'm guessing most of the crowd there uses NZA Editor to modify madden though, because its easier. The cells that crash importing or modifying in TEAM are JJNM and TPIP. The fields are several bytes of binary. DB Editor 3 can load and read it but can't mod it.

Anyway, I used DB Editor v3.0 to manually edit every cell in Team database to make it work. I think it's working though the big issue is there HAS to be a WAC conference. I tried deleting it (i.e. move it from Div 1 to Div 2 or moving it to LGID 3 which is "high school") and it crashes. I then tried to keep it in FBS but had 0 teams, and it crashes. So I decided to just stick Idaho and New Mexico State there because they originally came from there and they have no conference home now. haha.

I'll give a test and post my working files if it works well.

I still have to figure out how schedules are generated. My earlier trials seemed to ignore my realigned conferences for scheduling.
Is it possible for two conferences to share the same status/whatnot, like giving the WAC conference the independents attributes or something?

I haven't tested it, and since we don't have an editor for Choops like you do for NCAA/Madden, I've figured out how to remove teams/lower conference memberships. It's kind of a glitch I discovered, haven't fully tested it if it affects a legacy in the long term. But the issue is kind of similar-there's no independents in basketball; but I'm not entirely sure how to eliminate the teams from that conference and adding them to other conferences, since you have to swap the team. But I'm digressing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »