Home

NCAA Football 14: 2018-19 Roster Update

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: 2018-19 Roster Update within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2018, 11:14 AM   #3761
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14: 2018-19 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonlyjmo7
You could always just do some house rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
What do you mean specifically by house rules? Adjusting the settings the house rule settings? Making the gameplay harder? (Play on Heisman with Boss’s sliders)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2018, 11:14 AM   #3762
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by big09
Anyway to keep the roster thread to simply "the roster?" Make a separate threat for questions on "why this, this guy did this." These threads become cluttered with things that have little to nothing that adds anything positive for those looking for current roster updates." Not trying to single out anyone or even just this thread, all the threads start getting congested making it hard to find the real point of the original thread.
Fair enough. I hear ya. After this little discussion, I’ll make sure to keep it roster related.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:21 AM   #3763
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreigns86
no doubt I respect your system as its impossible to know about every player. as far as what you are saying on Jalen I agree speed in the 70s...but then you have a guy im just randomily mentioning another school say shurmur for Vanderbilt who is faster than hurts or even mac jones or another guy on another team that is a pocket passer. its the game itself that created the insanely high overratings….like in theory shouldn't OU be say a 96 on offense and like a 70 on defense since most agree their defense isn't very good? certain players would have to suffer lower ratings I guess to achieve that. but usually all the teams rate in a window 85-90 whatever and my point is ALL the players are to overrated and it was that way when the game was out...my question to you would be do you think most college teams go 5 or more team with receivers that are 83+ quality because that isn't unusual in the game? im just having a conversation you asked about hurts so im just asking this so please others spare the I don't appreciate the work stuff im stated to many times I appreciate that this is just conversation....if hurts is say 73 speed like I believe he is in the latest then the majority of other QBS should be far below him. but that isn't the case so to create the fair separation from say shurmur and hurts you have to way overrate hurts to keep with the consistency to show that he is actually a faster guy. damien harris is one of the finest human beings you will ever meet or see on tv dude is class as class can get...but his workload has been cut probably 90% in favor of Jacobs and Najee but im not looking at high school numbers. im just going by who saban thinks is better based on the assumption he is going to play the better player but that is because im an alabama fan I couldn't say I know enough about Indiana roster to do the same or Utah. that is what is really impressive. I guess it would be cool if the numbers reflected perfection of team ability. like OU is great on offense but horrible on D like most big 12 where lsu should be like 75 offense and 93 defense I don't know if that would have some weird affect on simulations of scores or not as you have said you have developed a good system that works. really appreciate your time showing me details about how you come up with the numbers when you didn't have to..very interesting stuff. And Alabama is way overrated for everyone saying I’m whining cause my team isn’t higher. They are 99 every phase of the game. Essentially perfect even though they have missed more extra points than anyone in football 99 special teams. My point is everyone is overrated including Alabama but maybe the the game was designed it needed to be that way to run correctly. I can’t fathom Anyone thinking from Michigan a high school dude would be 99 overall we didn’t think that about Julio Jones. Before the season I get the Damien Harris thing that change occurred throughout the year. I’m speaking more about updates where preseason AA shouldn’t matter a whole bunch in December but maybe they should. I’m just having conversation about football I worship and enjoy the rosters I don’t think I have to say that every time over a discussion but I will. And the dude that hates hearing about Alabama I understand bama fatigue I get that. I appreciate greatness. I don’t get patriot fatigue even though I’m a titans fan or warrior fatigue. I like seeing dynasty’s come and when they go creates epic television. We know its Alabama vs the world and thats fine in 98 I sat in the sleet while VT beat us 38-0 in music city bowl. Bama fatigue > that (for me) I don’t know football as well as all the posters in this thread so I’ll do everyone a favor and leave. I’m already 32 years old so I know a lot of people get really sensitive so I try to apologize as much as possible cause that’s 2018. I clearly have proved my ignorance and maybe I learned a little more about the sport I love to watch reading all your thoughts. I knew I’d play the heel a little bit but that’s cool. Keep up the good work. I want to learn as much as y’all do eventually. Long away to go! Happy holidays to all. Good luck to your teams in bowl games
paragraphs are your friend.....

they help.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:43 AM   #3764
Rookie

Hi first of all I appreciate all the work that gets done each year to complete these rosters.

Second of all if someone could link me on how to set up the playoff mod for dynasty as well as big 12 championship game
Old 12-07-2018, 02:40 PM   #3765
MVP

BossHawgMichigan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobapplebaum1
Hey guys

Just wanted to say great work again to the team. It is greatly appreciated for all that you guys do to keep fans like us happy. Been using the rosters for a while and they are dope!

Had a question for you Boss, pinbw or really anyone on the team. I was wondering if it’s possible to change team prestige ratings or is that something that is automatically attributed? I’m a big Navy fan and love playing a dynasty with them, but I find that their 3 star team prestige ratings makes playing with them a little unrealistic (attracted 4-5 recruits in your first season or 2nd once you hit that 4 star prestige rating). I think everyone who plays dynasty can agree navy and army are eventually 4 star schools signing 1#qb in a year or 2 😂. I understand that as an historical and institutional school like navy, makes sense to be a three star but I think it would be a much more realistic dynasty to start of as a 1 star program. Any chance you guys can help with that. Thanks again!
This has very little to do with Navy's prestige and more to do with how well you can recruit in the game. I always play with a Teambuilder team and start out as a 1* with every pitch @ a D- and I normally can sign a class between 20-38 my 1st year. My second year I normally get 15-25 and my 3rd year I am most definitely signing a top 10 class if not top 5. Based on how well you recruit this is just something that is going to happen. You also have to consider Teambuilder teams do not get the playing style bonus either.

Long story short even if Navy was a 1* school and you were decent at recruiting you would still be able to bring in higher 3* and 4* players on the regular. The 5* guys would be more hit and miss tho. I have signed quite a few 5* players in my 1st year with my Teambuilder teams but you have to get on them early and make sure the point ratio is right. Sometimes you can steal 1 at the end of the season too but not very often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big09
Anyway to keep the roster thread to simply

"the roster?" Make a separate threat for questions on "why this, this guy did this." These threads become cluttered with things that have little to nothing that adds anything positive for those looking for current roster updates." Not trying to single out anyone or even just this thread, all the threads start getting congested making it hard to find the real point of the original thread.
It's cool that people ask questions that relate to our rosters man we don't mind. Sometimes this is how we actually figure out that there are things wrong in the game. I mean for the most part everybody is pretty good about sticking to only the rosters on here but it's hard to not wanna talk some CFB lol!

Putting the file back.

@Pin - There is suppose to be another update tonight to finish up the last 2 teams and if it's posted I will drop a offline file for you.

SMU - Has been updated to postseason (Still waiting on the other AC list)

PSN: BossHawgMichigan
Check: SMU - QB - Ben Hicks - Is a team captain.
https://youtu.be/im_5KWki_Es
How to transfer offline files:
https://youtu.be/kLdLb78e5AM
NCAA 14: A in-depth look into creating rosters
Pt.1
https://youtu.be/Sr9DZfJ_YXM
Pt.2
https://youtu.be/cZHyWy_EWKs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2018, 02:47 PM   #3766
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHawgMichigan
This has very little to do with Navy's prestige and more to do with how well you can recruit in the game. I always play with a Teambuilder team and start out as a 1* with every pitch @ a D- and I normally can sign a class between 20-38 my 1st year. My second year I normally get 15-25 and my 3rd year I am most definitely signing a top 10 class if not top 5. Based on how well you recruit this is just something that is going to happen. You also have to consider Teambuilder teams do not get the playing style bonus either.

Long story short even if Navy was a 1* school and you were decent at recruiting you would still be able to bring in higher 3* and 4* players on the regular. The 5* guys would be more hit and miss tho. I have signed quite a few 5* players in my 1st year with my Teambuilder teams but you have to get on them early and make sure the point ratio is right. Sometimes you can steal 1 at the end of the season too but not very often.

It's cool that people ask questions that relate to our rosters man we don't mind. Sometimes this is how we actually figure out that there are things wrong in the game. I mean for the most part everybody is pretty good about sticking to only the rosters on here but it's hard to not wanna talk some CFB lol!

Putting the file back.

@Pin - There is suppose to be another update tonight to finish up the last 2 teams and if it's posted I will drop a offline file for you.

Yeah I feel you. I have gotten 4-5 starts with one star teams as well. I guess what I’m trying to say is it’s just more realistic to have then start out as 1 star team, making the climb a bit more realistic. Is there anyway to do that through an editor as I’m sure there isn’t much I can do through the game itself.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #3767
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobapplebaum1
What do you mean specifically by house rules? Adjusting the settings the house rule settings? Making the gameplay harder? (Play on Heisman with Boss’s sliders)

I mean make your own rules. Say you can only recruit 3 stars, only recruit from certain states, etc

Old 12-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #3768
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHawgMichigan

Putting the file back.

So tonight is the night???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »